Official 2020 MLB Thread

i know some might disagree with this BUT clayton kershaw is not a big game pitcher. it's crazy how different his splits are for the playoffs and during the regular season.

regular season W 176- L 76 era 2.43 (awesome stats)
playoffs W 11- L 12 era 4.73 (average at best)

why do you think he just doesn't show up in the playoffs?

Here's my reply in the form of a vid. One of Billy Joel's most brilliant, I think!

Enjoy!

Still hate to see Mookie is a uniform other than the Red Sox but I can't help but still pull for him.

Still hate to see Mookie is a uniform other than the Red Sox but I can't help but still pull for him.

I am actively hoping he twists his ankle the next time he is up to bat. No real injury, just something that pisses him off the rest of the night

I am actively hoping he twists his ankle the next time he is up to bat. No real injury, just something that pisses him off the rest of the night

Unless the Rays add on a couple of more here, it won't matter.

That line drive double play off Zunino’s bat.... I’ll take “signs tonight isn’t my night” for $800, Alex

Unless the Rays add on a couple of more here, it won't matter.

After the shot right back into the pitcher’s glove, I have resigned to this. Oh well. Win game 2, best of 5 series.

After the shot right back into the pitcher’s glove, I have resigned to this. Oh well. Win game 2, best of 5 series.

Best of 7 sir. A lot of World Series left to be played.

Best of 7 sir. A lot of World Series left to be played.
Honestly, I’m not sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 5 game series. I just don’t see the Rays having nearly as much O as the Dodgers.

This is 4 games and done.

Honestly, I’m not sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 5 game series. I just don’t see the Rays having nearly as much O as the Dodgers.

That is definitely true. They need several players to get really hot at the plate to have a fighting chance. One or two bats are not going to take down the Dodgers.

That is definitely true. They need several players to get really hot at the plate to have a fighting chance. One or two bats are not going to take down the Dodgers.
As a Dodgers fan this feels a bit like the year they played the Red Sox, but in reverse. It doesn’t mean the Rays can’t win but when you have that much less firepower you need some things to go your way to pull off the upset.

Also, I’m blatantly tempting the baseball gawds with these posts, especially given all the ways the Dodgers have found to lose since 1988.

Rays running into 2 outs in the 2nd. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt them.

Snell is dealing

Someone forgot to tell the Rays this series was supposed to be over

Too soon?B2410107-A5EE-4D98-B49F-AEA9C5C0BA92.jpeg

Game 4 is really good!

I have a horrible feeling about Jansen vs Arozarena.

Edit: I have a horrible feeling about Jansen

Wow what a game, still trying to process that last play lol.

Unreal! What an ending to a great game!

As a Giants fan I gotta say I enjoyed that. This has been a great series so far.

Back