Official CG/Srixon Yahoo Fantasy Golf League Thread!

I had Furyk, moved him to the bench to keep it warm :)

Is this a private league?I don't feel like scanning thru 19 pages to see if the league ID/PASSWORD was issued.

Is this a private league?I don't feel like scanning thru 19 pages to see if the league ID/PASSWORD was issued.

I forget the information since the league isn't setup through THP, but I'm not sure if you can sign up now :confused2:

yah, there was a limit of 147 spots open at the beginning of the season. Unfortunately you can't join now, though there are people that have 0 points for the entire season...

It was. I know there were some slots open during the winter/spring transition. It's being run by cleveland/srixon golf. There's an ID and password required to get in.

No biggie, I joined Yahoo prior to the Shell Houston Open, so it isn't exactly like my scores are lighting it up.

I was looking at some numbers and 51% of fantasy owners had Furyk, 42% had Paddy, and 34% had Casey. Ouch!

I had Westwood and Poulter on the bench for day 1 with Harrington starting... :banghead:

No biggie, I joined Yahoo prior to the Shell Houston Open, so it isn't exactly like my scores are lighting it up.

No worries :) This is my first ever fantasy thingie and at first I stunk and was doing so bad because I had no clue what was going on and thought that I'd be stuck with the same 8 players throughout the entire season and didn't know that you can change them out for every tournament. I've won once (had the 1st, 2nd and 4th place finishers whoohoo) and am currently sitting pretty in first place just by 1 point though :( And who knows how I'll do at the end of the the Master's, YIKES!!

Now here's some strategy for the owners that had those three in their lineup. Do you stick with them and hope they shoot low round and pickup some points, like I'm sure they can, or do you bench them in favor of someone else higher up the leaderboard? Reason being is that I'm in the opposite camp where I have Westwood who shot his best round ever yesterday and I don't think he can duplicate it today and I have someone like Paddy who at any given moment can shoot lights out. I can always go back to Westwood if he stays in contention to pickup those critical bonus points at the end.

I had Westwood and Poulter on the bench for day 1 with Harrington starting... :banghead:

I feel your pain. I had Couples on the bench, with Cink starting. Cost me 20 points. Ugh.

Yikes!! I'm not doing so well...maybe I should've had Tiger after all :confused2:

Uh oh...my week of being the leader may just be over. My B group, 3/4 players missed the cut :banghead:

Uh oh...my week of being the leader may just be over. My B group, 3/4 players missed the cut :banghead:

Yah, that'll do it...

I'm in pretty good shape though with westwood, poulter, woods, kim. Maybe I can get lucky and pull out a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finish!

Yah, that'll do it...

I'm in pretty good shape though with westwood, poulter, woods, kim. Maybe I can get lucky and pull out a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finish!

I didn't pick Tiger Woods...WHY GC WHY?!?!?!? :D

Yikes!! I dropped down 6 places to #7 today :crying: My B group isn't cutting it for me, only 1 person made the cut :banghead: Why didn't I pick Tiger :nono:

Yikes!! I dropped down 6 places to #7 today :crying: My B group isn't cutting it for me, only 1 person made the cut :banghead: Why didn't I pick Tiger :nono:

You were probably blinded by all the negativity. I'm sure there were folks who did the same. Still a long ways to go so stay positive.

WOW, from 1st straight down to 10th place :crying:

Wow didn't think it would happen but I won the group this week (I guess many in our group didn't have Phil in their 4some). I doubt I won out of all 3 groups though with 198. What are the winners in the other groups' score?

Wow didn't think it would happen but I won the group this week (I guess many in our group didn't have Phil in their 4some). I doubt I won out of all 3 groups though with 198. What are the winners in the other groups' score?
222 in the third group.

I had 212 and did not have Phil.

I'm now 82 points clear of the guy that won the first segment of the game with 2,449. Not sure where the other groups stand because a new update hasn't been sent out.

222 in the third group.

I had 212 and did not have Phil.

I'm now 82 points clear of the guy that won the first segment of the game with 2,449. Not sure where the other groups stand because a new update hasn't been sent out.

I figured that the overall weekly winner would have at least 230 with all the big names on the leaderboard. I think they're going to send out the update on top 25 in all 3 groups combined and the weekly winners every Tuesday so I'll expect it tomorrow.

Group 1's Leader for the week is 225.

Leader for Winter+through current Spring is at 2366.
Leader for Spring is 408.

I picked Phil, unfortunately all of my other players didn't do well at all :banghead: there's always next week!!

Group 2 week: 198, spring: 366, season: 2364

Group 2 must have some seasonal allergies or something.

Back