Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oregon is looking like the better team so far, we'll see how it goes.

Oregon is looking like the better team so far, we'll see how it goes.
I think they are pretty evenly matched. Minue one long run from James, Stanfords D has been solid.

Oregon just scored on a 4th and 7. 41 yard pass and run to D. Thomas. Wow, DeAnthony Thomas is fast, and talented. He is going to be something special for Oregon in the upcoming years.

Gorillas Capture 2011 MIAA Championship With 51-28 Miner's Bowl Victory

PITTSBURG, KS — John Brown rushed for three touchdowns and caught a pair of scoring passes as well to lead No. 9 Pitt State to a 51-28 victory over Missouri Southern Saturday (Nov. 12) in the Sonic Miner's Bowl at Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium. The victory, coupled by Central Missouri's 39-21 road win over No. 6 Washburn, gave Pitt State (9-1, 8-1 MIAA) the outright 2011 Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association Championship. Southern ends its season 3-7 overall and 2-7 in MIAA play.

Pitt State captured its first MIAA title since 2004 and the program's 11th MIAA crown since joining the conference in 1989. The Gorillas also claimed their 30th all-time conference title in the 104-year history of the Pitt State football program. The Gorillas are now headed to the NCAA Division II playoffs for the first time since 2008; and Pitt State will await the NCAA selection announcement scheduled for 4 p.m. (CST) Sunday (Nov. 13).

The Gorillas jumped out to a fast 20-0 lead on the Lions, capitalizing on windy conditions in the opening period. Pitt State forced Southern into a 3-and-out and a 10-yard punt to grab the ball at the MSSU 28 to start the game. Four plays later, Eric Love slammed into the end zone from four yards out for a 7-0 lead. The Gorillas forced another 3-and-out and MSSU's punt went just nine yards into the wind before Pitt State's De'Vante Bausby scooped it up and sprinted 19 yards for a touchdown and a 14-0 lead with 10:06 to play in the first quarter. Brown added a four-yard scoring run with 2:10 remaining in the period to give Pitt State a 20-0 advantage. Chase McCoy's extra-point attempt was blocked.

The Lions countered by scoring 22 points in the final 5:29 of the second quarter to jump back into the game. Bryant Venson broke loose for a 29-yard scoring run and Kellen Cox then carried the ball in for a successful 2-point conversion to cut the margin to 20-8. Moments later, Zac Dickey hit Brown for a 76-yard touchdown pass to make it 27-8 with 4:14 to play in the first half.

Southern's Collin Howard then countered with a 72-yard scoring connection to Ne'Ronte Threatt to make it a 27-15 game at the 3:30 mark of the period; and the Lions then tackled PSU punter Jake Craig on a botched punt attempt at the PSU 18 to set up a final scoring drive. Kyle Webster, who rushed eight times for 91 yards in the contest, ran the ball in from nine yards out to make it a 27-22 contest with 1:16 remaining in the period.

Dickey converted a big 36-yard third-down pass to Brown on PSU's ensuing drive and the Gorillas turned the drive into a 29-yard field goal by McCoy and a 30-22 halftime advantage. Brown added scoring runs of one yard and 25 yards and then capped Pitt State's offensive output with a 13-yard catch from Dickey midway through the fourth quarter. He finished the game with five receptions for a career-high 146 yards and he rushed the ball four times for 34 yards.

Dickey completed 14 of 25 passes for 247 yards and two touchdowns with one interception. He also rushed 17 times for 56 net yards. Howard was 23-for-42 passing for 245 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions for the Lions. Threatt had eight grabs for 107 yards and two scores.

Elijah Olabode made seven tackles with an interception and three pass breakups for the Gorillas, while Gus Toca logged 3.0 quarterback sacks and four tackles-for-loss in the game.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=391642

Wheres the Luck for Standford...

hehe I like him

The Cardinal fails tonight. Unfortunate but it just isn't a good day.

Andrew luck or Blaine Gabbert out there tonight? ;)

So, Boise St. loses to TCU. That's why they'll never get a shot at a National Championship. Step up to the plate and play someone and maybe, just maybe, you'll earn my respect.

What a glorious day for college football. The pretenders get separated from the contenders!

So, Boise St. loses to TCU. That's why they'll never get a shot at a National Championship. Step up to the plate and play someone and maybe, just maybe, you'll earn my respect.

What a glorious day for college football. The pretenders get separated from the contenders!

I love it. Too many people gove them more credit than they are due. Finally a bad loss.

I love it. Too many people gove them more credit than they are due. Finally a bad loss.

Just their fans. Always screaming about how they get screwed. Whatever. Play some real levels of competition and run the table. They can't even beat TCU. I mean TCU is good, they barely lost to Baylor, who's like 8th in the Big 12, and SMU, who, well, I don't even know. Well done Boise!

I just love watching Standford get worked. This has been brewing for a while.

Just their fans. Always screaming about how they get screwed. Whatever. Play some real levels of competition and run the table. They can't even beat TCU. I mean TCU is good, they barely lost to Baylor, who's like 8th in the Big 12, and SMU, who, well, I don't even know. Well done Boise!

My friend still insists that they desere to be in the convo after today because they only have one loss. Lol. They don't deserve to play with the big boys unless they run the table against the little boys. Then maybe.

My friend still insists that they desere to be in the convo after today because they only have one loss. Lol. They don't deserve to play with the big boys unless they run the table against the little boys. Then maybe.
Nope, they still dont.

Nope, they still dont.

I have no problem with them getting in if they're one of two teams to go undefeated. They did beat Georgia badly opening night.

Your friend needs to follow a different sport.

--
tapatalk

I have no problem with them getting in if they're one of two teams to go undefeated. They did beat Georgia badly opening night.

Two TDs as a matter of fact, not sure if that is badly, but it was embarrassing to us. However, our team was developing at that time (we only lose 3 seniors off of this team) and we have matured quite a bit. They would be hard pressed to beat us again at this point in the season. They might, but I really doubt they could do it by 14 again, and I would bet that we beat them with our team now. That's my take on it FWIW.

Two TDs as a matter of fact, not sure if that is badly, but it was embarrassing to us. However, our team was developing at that time (we only lose 3 seniors off of this team) and we have matured quite a bit. They would be hard pressed to beat us again at this point in the season. They might, but I really doubt they could do it by 14 again, and I would bet that we beat them with our team now. That's my take on it FWIW.

Oh. My dad said it was a romp and I didn't feel like looking it up. Last time I trust him. And I agree with you that they might not be able to win now.

Put the UGA team I watched today, vs the Boise team that was on the field today, and UGA rolls big time.

Put the UGA team I watched today, vs the Boise team that was on the field today, and UGA rolls big time.

I'm not a Boise fan but when they do beat someone people always jump in to rationalize the loss for the other team in an attempt to minimize what they've done.

I'm not a Boise fan but when they do beat someone people always jump in to rationalize the loss for the other team in an attempt to minimize what they've done.

I agree with that, and here's the devil's advocate for Boise. They haven't lost by more than 3 in the last four years and they've beaten eight ranked teams in that time.

I agree with that, and here's the devil's advocate for Boise. They haven't lost by more than 3 in the last four years and they've beaten eight ranked teams in that time.

If LSU goes undefeated, they will have beaten 7 ranked teams at the time of play, if my count is correct. To top it off, 3 of those teams will likely finish in the top 10. Sorry if 8 teams in 4 years doesn't impress me.

Also, if memory serves me correctly, Auburn, as bad as they are this year, has beaten 8 ranked teams in the past two years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back