Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know from the Mike Price debacle some years back, it can be very hard to find a suitable coach in April/May, but to me, why would you touch Butch Davis when you've just acted out of integrity in firing Petrino who at least didn't violate any NCAA rules?
That is exactly what i said! No clue, but, it's Arkansas. Maybe they will finally do what they tried to do for 10 years and hire Tuberville.

That is exactly what i said! No clue, but, it's Arkansas. Maybe they will finally do what they tried to do for 10 years and hire Tuberville.

Yeah, well see what they can manage here...at least the Arky job should be more attractive than the Bama job was when Mike Price rolled with hookers.

Meh, I don't care what he does off the field, he's a great football coach and he built a sweet program there.

*does that sort of talk sound familiar :)*

Sounds VERY familiar!

Meh, I don't care what he does off the field, he's a great football coach and he built a sweet program there.

*does that sort of talk sound familiar :)*
Yes it does, it sounds like what I have said in the past about Tiger. But, TC, what you didnt mention is that I also said that Tigers personal life is his business, and has no bearing on mine. When Tigers personal business crosses over in to my life, then I will take issue with it.

Unfortunately, I had the pleasure of being around Petrino on a daily basis while working in the Athletic Department in Auburn, AL in 2002, the same year that Petrino was Offensive Coordinator for Auburn. Being talked down to on a weekly basis for being a student that was working and busting my ass to get myself through school by Petrino. I remember it clear as day, a group of us were straightening up in the Media room and a group of people were leaving and Petrino made the comment to a guy sweeping, "Too bad you have to work instead of actually getting to enjoy your time here." I loved my time working with the Athletic Department, and feel quite fortunate to have had that opportunity, I am glad I stuck it out at the job regardless of the prick I had to be around.

Yes it does, it sounds like what I have said in the past about Tiger. But, TC, what you didnt mention is that I also said that Tigers personal life is his business, and has no bearing on mine. When Tigers personal business crosses over in to my life, then I will take issue with it.

Unfortunately, I had the pleasure of being around Petrino on a daily basis while working in the Athletic Department in Auburn, AL in 2002, the same year that Petrino was Offensive Coordinator for Auburn. Being talked down to on a weekly basis for being a student that was working and busting my ass to get myself through school by Petrino. I remember it clear as day, a group of us were straightening up in the Media room and a group of people were leaving and Petrino made the comment to a guy sweeping, "Too bad you have to work instead of actually getting to enjoy your time here." I loved my time working with the Athletic Department, and feel quite fortunate to have had that opportunity, I am glad I stuck it out at the job regardless of the prick I had to be around.

At which point I would have told broski if he didn't watch his mouth he could be walking out with a broom handle up his @$$!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I was just messing around dude. I think anyone who ruins families sucks. On or off their field of choice.

I was just messing around dude. I think anyone who ruins families sucks. On or off their field of choice.

I agree 100%, and you just have to feel bad for the fiancé if this chick.

Petrino sucks as a person, however, that doesn't change that he is a very very good football coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pork_Chop.gif

lol wow just wow

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Which way to the Southeastern Conference?
A Texas-based apparel company, Aggieland Outfitters, recalled a handful of T-shirts on Tuesday after they were ridiculed online for having some geographic mistakes.

ncf_e_sec-tee01jr_300.jpg

The maroon shirt has an "SEC" logo emblazoned on a United States section map, ostensibly representing members of the league.
But North Carolina, which is not in the conference, is on the map. Missouri and Texas, however, are not.
Missouri and Texas A&M are both leaving the Big 12 for the SEC this season.
The shirt was produced by Aggieland Outfitters, which has three outlets in College Station. A&M spokesman Jason Cook said the company is a private business and not affiliated with the school.
Aggieland Outfitters marketing director Dallas Shipp said only "a few dozen" shirts were printed and they've been taken off the shelves and the company's website.
He said the original shirt design did not include North Carolina, but when the artist drew the map, it was added by mistake.
"We would like to apologize for a T-shirt that has come under fire for its inaccuracies," the company said. "Many members of the media, especially those connected to other schools in Texas, have insinuated that Texas A&M made these shirts, and that Texas A&M doesn't know geography.
"That's simply not true. Aggieland Outfitters designed the shirt and simply made a mistake."

Between Petrinogate and Aggieography, at least there's a little for SEC fans to laugh about.

lol wow just wow

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Which way to the Southeastern Conference?
A Texas-based apparel company, Aggieland Outfitters, recalled a handful of T-shirts on Tuesday after they were ridiculed online for having some geographic mistakes.

ncf_e_sec-tee01jr_300.jpg

The maroon shirt has an "SEC" logo emblazoned on a United States section map, ostensibly representing members of the league.
But North Carolina, which is not in the conference, is on the map. Missouri and Texas, however, are not.
Missouri and Texas A&M are both leaving the Big 12 for the SEC this season.
The shirt was produced by Aggieland Outfitters, which has three outlets in College Station. A&M spokesman Jason Cook said the company is a private business and not affiliated with the school.
Aggieland Outfitters marketing director Dallas Shipp said only "a few dozen" shirts were printed and they've been taken off the shelves and the company's website.
He said the original shirt design did not include North Carolina, but when the artist drew the map, it was added by mistake.
"We would like to apologize for a T-shirt that has come under fire for its inaccuracies," the company said. "Many members of the media, especially those connected to other schools in Texas, have insinuated that Texas A&M made these shirts, and that Texas A&M doesn't know geography.
"That's simply not true. Aggieland Outfitters designed the shirt and simply made a mistake."

petrinogate lol i like it ... dont forget about the dad busting the bama NC trophy the other day . 30k shattered all over the ground .. OUCH

petrinogate lol i like it ... dont forget about the dad busting the bama NC trophy the other day . 30k shattered all over the ground .. OUCH

You can't even trip in Tuscaloosa without knocking over a national championship trophy!!!!!

You can't even trip in Tuscaloosa without knocking over a national championship trophy!!!!!

But the Tuscaloosa Laundrymats NC trophy isn't made out of crystal is it?

Better to be spending 30K on replacing a trophy than to get rid of a mistress that was improperly hired.

Besides you Gator, at least it was a current player's parent instead of a recruit that ended up at our rival that broke our trophy :alien:

Better to be spending 30K on replacing a trophy than to get rid of a mistress that was improperly hired.

Besides you Gator, at least it was a current player's parent instead of a recruit that ended up at our rival that broke our trophy :alien:
Haha, true...true.

Between Petrinogate and Aggieography, at least there's a little for SEC fans to laugh about.
As a Longhorn fan gonna miss those Aggies.........the stuff that they do, you just can't make this kind of gold up. Enjoy them SEC!

Nah, that one is made from the same company who produced the 2004 Eufaula Times Champions.
Get it right, it was the 2004 "Peoples" National Champion.

How would you like to be that guy? He won't be hearing the end of that anytime soon.

Get it right, it was the 2004 "Peoples" National Champion.

Haha! Congrats on that. FWIW, that was a beast of a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEC teams are too scared to come to Eugene to play UO. Hell, after they beat Tennessee, almost beat LSU last year, the SEC teams don't even want to play Oregon at home! We don't get to play Easten North Carolina, Florida International etc like you SEC teams do, we have to play USC, CAL, the Arizona teams and of course Oregon State. Just because the east coast writers ignore us, doesn't mean we can't play.

SEC teams are too scared to come to Eugene to play UO. Hell, after they beat Tennessee, almost beat LSU last year, the SEC teams don't even want to play Oregon at home! We don't get to play Easten North Carolina, Florida International etc like you SEC teams do, we have to play USC, CAL, the Arizona teams and of course Oregon State. Just because the east coast writers ignore us, doesn't mean we can't play.

LMFAO come on man seriously??

LMFAO come on man seriously??

I am doing some chain pulling. Florida, Alabama, LSU consistent great teams. The rest? Over rated by the east coast sports writers. It is true that nobody wants to play UO in Eugene in the rain. When its USC's turn to come up, they complain about it from the time the schedule is announced until the next year when we have to play them at home.

As a Tennessee fan, you have no validity in that argument as we were nowhere near good last year. Hopefully that changes in the near future, but I am a realistic fan that knows our last few years were terrible by our standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back