Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:alien:

Florida-FSU-Meme.jpeg

Is it college football time yet.....I'm getting bored already!

Just announced today....

CHICAGO -- The BCS commissioners and Notre Dame's athletic director on Wednesday endorsed a seeded four-team playoff model for college football beginning in the 2014 season.
The commissioners' consensus still must be approved by the BCS presidential oversight committee, which meets June 26 in Washington D.C. If approved, the four-team playoff would replace the BCS system, which has been in place since 1998.
We're very unified. There are issues that have yet to be finalized. There's always devil in the detail, from the model to the selection process, but clearly we've made a lot of progress.
-- Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany​
"We're very unified," Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said. "There are issues that have yet to be finalized. There's always devil in the detail, from the model to the selection process, but clearly we've made a lot of progress."
Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said the discussion centers on a four-team playoff inside the existing bowl structure with the championship game bid out nationally.
Sources tell ESPN that under the recommended model, the four teams will be selected by a committee that will consider certain criteria such as conference championships and strength of schedule.
The playoff will include two national semifinal games played within the existing BCS bowl games and a national championship game hosted by the highest bidding city.
The BCS commissioners have met five times since the national title game in New Orleans, including a four-hour session Wednesday. SEC commissioner Mike Slive, who likened the process to a marathon, said, "My hope is we've done 26 (miles). My hope is we have .2 to go."
Despite the commissioners' consensus, the presidential oversight committee still is expected to discuss multiple models next week, including a plus-one format proposed by presidents from the Big Ten and Pac-12.
"The fact that there will be a full and complete discussion is totally appropriate," Slive said. "Obviously, we have put forth a consensus four-team playoff model, and we wouldn't do that if we didn't feel it was appropriate."

Personally I'm very happy about this. Atleast we'll have some sort of clarity in 2014. I just hope it solves some problems but I know this is not the end of the "debate"

There may always be some debate but it's a step in the right direction IMO. The problem now is determining the deserving four teams. This past year it's probably LSU, Alabama, OKST, and Stanford... Easy enough. What if there are two undefeated and four one loss teams?

Interesting to see how it all plays out but I agree, it won't end the debate.

This was shot this weekend at the Rivals100 5 star challenge. They strapped a camera on Tyrone Swoopes (QB) and Jack Raulerson (OL/DE) both Texas commits for 2013. Nothing ground shattering but kind of cool. These are 16 and 17 year old kids going to top programs....just on a different level.

Jake is a good kid, one of my buddies coaches him and says he is a class act.

He's got a brother that plays LB that is pretty good as well, but anytime you see Celina play(unless you are on the other sideline) is a good Friday night.

He's got a brother that plays LB that is pretty good as well, but anytime you see Celina play(unless you are on the other sideline) is a good Friday night.
Yea, what they have 7 State Titles now? Lost track. And you get to see Jake play both sides of the ball for the entire game. That's playing football!

I live about 15 minutes from the HS stadium....might have to go and watch him play this fall.

Go watch some Southlake Carroll, that's where I went. Kenny Hill (QB) is committed to A&M. I'm praying he comes to his senses and goes elsewhere.

Go watch some Southlake Carroll, that's where I went. Kenny Hill (QB) is committed to A&M. I'm praying he comes to his senses and goes elsewhere.
Yep, that's a program over there. Wish he was going somewhere else as well......somewhere he might be able to win a couple of games at during his career. :bashful:

Congrats SEC.......they are your problem (or joke) now:

^^^ LOL. They're delusional. Nice vid.

just picked up 5 seats to the Florida vs A&M game at kyle field ... pretty pissed off 'im paying about 50-60 more a seat on average for that dump then i have for better seats at the swamp or death valley.

what year did you graduate? Katy had some good games with them .. i think there was a 4 year stretch they played each other for the state title.

Congrats SEC.......they are your problem (or joke) now:

A&M took the video down. The new one they posted is just a bunch of half retarded kids kissing the SEC's @$$.

How was the original?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I'm pretty excited to get into college football this year after not really being into it in the past. I plan on going to all my Tigers' home games this year seeing as I get free tix.

I'm pretty excited to get into college football this year after not really being into it in the past. I plan on going to all my Tigers' home games this year seeing as I get free tix.

Its a blast dude. Have fun

Tapin for bird

Its a blast dude. Have fun

Tapin for bird

Yeah dude, I've only been to one pro/college football game before and it was when I was very little. I'm excited.

Yeah dude, I've only been to one pro/college football game before and it was when I was very little. I'm excited.

nothing better then a big time college football game in a bad ass stadium.

nothing better then a big time college football game in a bad ass stadium.

There really isn't.

The major college football experience really is awesome, and it's even better when you are a student or alumni and have those ties to the 90,000 folks around you.

This is my favorite Texas A&M moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGfWJqTMEVY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Opening game of 2007 season.

Go stAte!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back