Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often do kids with off the field problems like his turn their lives around in the pro's especially with all that money. The Falcons tend to shy away from those types of players especially since being burned by Vick. I honestly dont know much about the CB crop this year.

If pot's his biggest vice, I can live with that. Dog-fighting, not so much. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Auburn publicly responds to the allegations in the recent article. Some of their responses are direct (explanation of grade change for Dwyer (?)), others much less so. As an example:

"The article also claims that Mr. McNeil recalls receiving $500 cash to entertain a former prospect, Dre Kirkpatrick, while Mr. Kirkpatrick was on an official visit to Auburn. Mr. Kirkpatrick never took an official visit to Auburn. Mr. Kirkpatrick has since publicly stated that no one at Auburn gave him money or spent money on him during unofficial visits to our campus."

The fact that Kirkpatrick never made an official visit and/or that $ wasn't spent on him does not mean McNeil didn't receive money to spend on him.

Auburn publicly responds to the allegations in the recent article. Some of their responses are direct (explanation of grade change for Dwyer (?)), others much less so. As an example:

"The article also claims that Mr. McNeil recalls receiving $500 cash to entertain a former prospect, Dre Kirkpatrick, while Mr. Kirkpatrick was on an official visit to Auburn. Mr. Kirkpatrick never took an official visit to Auburn. Mr. Kirkpatrick has since publicly stated that no one at Auburn gave him money or spent money on him during unofficial visits to our campus."

The fact that Kirkpatrick never made an official visit and/or that $ wasn't spent on him does not mean McNeil didn't receive money to spend on him.

Oh well.

I think it's funny that there are allegations without substance against Auburn prior to the national championship game, and we get raked over the coals. Yet, Oregon admits to major violations prior to that game, and you barely hear a word about it.

This what happens when rivalries in sports go bad. The two Oaks that have sat in Downtown Auburn for the past 150 years, and have served as a gathering place among fans and students after victories for all sports or major accomplishments for the University for generations, are being cut down, limb by limb due to the poisoning of the soil from a few years back when Auburn beat Alabama.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366725122.756223.jpg

This what happens when rivalries in sports go bad. The two Oaks that have sat in Downtown Auburn for the past 150 years, and have served as a gathering place among fans and students after victories for all sports or major accomplishments for the University for generations, are being cut down, limb by limb due to the poisoning of the soil from a few years back when Auburn beat Alabama.

View attachment 9162

What did this yahoo end up getting sentenced with?

View attachment 9162

But they went out in style...

aeriel.jpg

View attachment 9162

That will always be the event that sucked all the fun out of the rivalry for me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Wake - I didn't grow up in the rivalry since my parents went to Tennessee, but I hated the Iron Bowl rivalry from the moment I stepped foot on campus (at least as it pertains to football). My first Iron Bowl game was at Legion Field, and I remember seeing fans (of both sides) picking fights with opposing fans just to get them kicked out of the stadium. There are a lot of morons in the state of Alabama who have nothing to live for except rooting for one of two schools they never attended.

I've never understood the "tradition" of rolling trees, but it is a sad day for fans of the SEC traditions.

Former UF coaches' golf swings:

Urban Meyer

urban-meyer.gif

HBC:

steve-spurrier.gif

I'd love to hang out with Spurrier on the golf course. Buddy of mine caddied for him a few years back and said he was pretty awesome.

Former UF coaches' golf swings:

Urban Meyer

urban-meyer.gif

HBC:

steve-spurrier.gif

I'd love to hang out with Spurrier on the golf course. Buddy of mine caddied for him a few years back and said he was pretty awesome.
Bad swings on the golf course mean they work too much, which is a good thing for their respective programs!

College Football Loyalties

College Football Loyalties

Texas and Tennessee, HOOK EM HORNS and ROCKY TOP

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

Buckeye pride

Is this a question or a statement?

HOOK EM'

War Damn Eagle

Minnesota Golden Gophers, and Nebraska Cornhuskers.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

On Wisconsin.

It's all about the U!!!!

Oh, I dunno...

Born in Wisconsin and lived no more than 30 miles away from the UW campus for 32 years. On, Wisconsin!
I'm also obligated to cheer for Maryland because my fiancé and pretty much her entire family are Maryland alums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back