Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In college football, if the ball crosses the plane of the goal line on a punt, it is a touchback and the offense gets the ball on the 20.

No, its if the ball touches the goal line or lands in the endzone. A player can jump in the endzone and throw the ball back into play as long as they dont touch the goal line or endzone. It happens all the time.

In college football, if the ball crosses the plane of the goal line on a punt, it is a touchback and the offense gets the ball on the 20.

Im trying to find that in my college football rules, and dont see it. I see that if it bounces once past the plane it is dead, but not in the air. Do you have a rule showing that? My book is from a few years ago.

Im trying to find that in my college football rules, and dont see it. I see that if it bounces once past the plane it is dead, but not in the air. Do you have a rule showing that? My book is from a few years ago.

It did bounce. It hit the ground bounced across the plane and TCU batted it back.

It did bounce. It hit the ground bounced across the plane and TCU batted it back.

It must bounce past the plane BG. This was NOT a blown call according to my rule book.

It must bounce past the plane BG. This was NOT a blown call according to my rule book.

Agreed.

Clay looks sharp right now.

Tapatalking

WTF

No run? No play action?

Tapatalking

Rule 8, Section 6, Article 1 Paragraph B:

A kick becomes dead by rule behind the defending team's goal line and the attacking team is responsible for the ball being there.
Unless I read that wrong to me it says the play is dead the moment the ball, untouched by the receiving team, crosses the goal line. I may be reading that wrong.

Bummer.

Kevin

Rule 8, Section 6, Article 1 Paragraph B:

Unless I read that wrong to me it says the play is dead the moment the ball, untouched by the receiving team, crosses the goal line. I may be reading that wrong.

What I was always told/taught/thought whatever you want to call it was it had to touch part of the endzone(including goal line) for it to be downed. As in a player can dive across the goal line and bat the ball back to his teammate to down the ball. Just what I understood it as.

Never ever woulda.guessed this. the good news is Wisconsin covered the spread.

Good work TCU. Bucky got outcoached and outspeeded (is that a word).

What I was always told/taught/thought whatever you want to call it was it had to touch part of the endzone(including goal line) for it to be downed. As in a player can dive across the goal line and bat the ball back to his teammate to down the ball. Just what I understood it as.

In the NFL. I thought I remembered in college it was different. I may be wrong.

I don't have any idea. But it's a touchdown if the ball simply crosses the goal line.

That said, I always thought they could bat it back as long as neither the ball nor the person batting it back touches the ground past the goal line.

You are reading it wrong. The ball is not dead until it hits. A ball in the air is not a dead ball. Just like on a kickoff, one would not be able to return a kick in the endzone if the ball was dead after passing the plane.

Ouch! Rough day for the big 10 crowd. I think the heat was a factor. TCU just never got worn down. I hope this win is the catalyst for a playoff system.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Ouch! Rough day for the big 10 crowd. I think the heat was a factor. TCU just never got worn down. I hope this win is the catalyst for a playoff system.

That would be awesome, sadly I don't think it will happen.

Well, Big 10 hopes rest on ohio states shoulders. Hopefully they step up like they have in their past big bowl games against SEC schools.

Jrod, you nervous? Go double or nothin with bridges.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

It's all about PURPLE :clapp:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB -

Like I said, I may wrong. I thought I remember hearing that the ball was dead once it crossed the goal line on a punt.

Also, who the heck has an NCAA rule book sitting around?

JB -

Like I said, I may wrong. I thought I remember hearing that the ball was dead once it crossed the goal line on a punt.

Also, who the heck has an NCAA rule book sitting around?

From my previous employment.

Tank carder is a hoss.

He did play like a mad man. I will give that guy credit. He was the best player for TCU on either side of the ball. I hope an NFL scout gives me a chance to prove himself.

That would be good if THP IT will increase the maximum size of our avatars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back