Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad day indeed... I never would have imagined it would be this bad after a pretty solid bowl season last year.

I think a few of us saw this one coming. Maybe not to this extreme, but saw the dark day ahead. I do think OSU has a chance to win this game and that will kind of be like the ironic uplift that some need.

I think a few of us saw this one coming. Maybe not to this extreme, but saw the dark day ahead. I do think OSU has a chance to win this game and that will kind of be like the ironic uplift that some need.

I agree. I think OSU gets it done but barely. Should be a barn burner.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I agree. I think OSU gets it done but barely. Should be a barn burner.

I do too TC. I think they win. I dont think they can go 0-10 against the SEC.

I think it will be a bittersweet win, but a win nonetheless.

I do too TC. I think they win. I dont think they can go 0-10 against the SEC.

I think it will be a bittersweet win, but a win nonetheless.

Although going 0-10 against the SEC by losing this year would be somewhat entertaining, but mostly b/c the SEC has made the B10 their b*tches thus far.

So the non-AQ schools are 5-2 in BCS games and 4-1 against the AQ schools. Talk about a broken system. Sponsors and money = BCS = two undefeated teams.

All those non AQ schools winning are not making it get closer to a playoff system. The more they keep winning the more the BCS committee sees no reason to change since there good games. Now if Wisconsin would have just blew out TCU I think it would have helped the cause for a playoff system but not looking likely since the "little guys" are doing good.

Edit: If there is some way they could keep some bowl games and have a playoff system that would be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All those non AQ schools winning are not making it get closer to a playoff system. The more they keep winning the more the BCS committee sees no reason to change since there good games. Now if Wisconsin would have just blew out TCU I think it would have helped the cause for a playoff system but not looking likely since the "little guys" are doing good.

Edit: If there is some way they could keep some bowl games and have a playoff system that would be sweet.

That would be easy. Each leg of the playoffs is sponsored by the same goons that sponsor the bowl games now. And who ever pays the most gets the championship game. The problem isnt the sponsors but its the schools and the AD's who see all this money come in from the BCS bowl games. They dont want to lose all that money. This way they could still get sponsor money and we get a true national champion.

That was a very impressive win for the frogs. There is no doubt who the best football team in Texas is. They would have beaten us by at least 3 touchdowns with players that weren't heavily recruited and certainly were not recruited by Texas. Gary Patterson is a hell of a football coach and has a great staff.

Up until yesterday I thought the Big 12 was the worst conference in college football. That changed with the absolutely pathetic crap that the Big 10 threw out there. The Michigan State players actually looked scared of Bama, unbelieveable.

Lastly, I think Nebraska made a good decision to move to the Big 10, they should fit right in.

That would be easy. Each leg of the playoffs is sponsored by the same goons that sponsor the bowl games now. And who ever pays the most gets the championship game. The problem isnt the sponsors but its the schools and the AD's who see all this money come in from the BCS bowl games. They dont want to lose all that money. This way they could still get sponsor money and we get a true national champion.

Ya I actually like the bowl games because there is a lot of football on, but if they could take the top 12, 16 or something then give the other schools with 6 wins a bowl game that would be cool. Then somehow have a bowl/playoff system. Like each of the playoff games still sponsored like a bowl game but make the teams earn the big money by making it through the playoffs, idk something like that lol

Although going 0-10 against the SEC by losing this year would be somewhat entertaining, but mostly b/c the SEC has made the B10 their b*tches thus far.

Only reason I think OSU can win is because they are solid against the pass. We all saw what happened when they played a run heavy team. Should be interesting I guess... atleast the B10 is embarassing themselves through and through this year and not just tOSU as some like to claim.

Only reason I think OSU can win is because they are solid against the pass. We all saw what happened when they played a run heavy team. Should be interesting I guess... atleast the B10 is embarassing themselves through and through this year and not just tOSU as some like to claim.

Do they? I think most point out the entire conference. But 0-9 is a glaring number.

The Big Ten is not 0-9 this year. The conference is just fine. Good regular season for the conference. The bowl seasom has been rough. Although, Michigan was awful all year and had no reason to be playing on New Years Day. Penn St and Florida was a good game. Bucky got outplayed, barely but they did. But Nick Saban's defense showed off yesterday. How did that team choke against Auburn like they did?

blugold, I think the 0-9 he is refering to is the all time BCS bowl record of tOSU against SEC schools, most big name SEC schools have beaten tOSU at least once in a bowl game since the BCS began.
The Big Ten is not 0-9 this year. The conference is just fine. Good regular season for the conference. The bowl seasom has been rough. Although, Michigan was awful all year and had no reason to be playing on New Years Day. Penn St and Florida was a good game. Bucky got outplayed, barely but they did. But Nick Saban's defense showed off yesterday. How did that team choke against Auburn like they did?

Blugold, you have to follow along. OSU is 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games. And of course they had a good regular season, they played against each other.

I hope Andrew luck lays someone out again , he hits like a truck.

why oh why does Lou holtz have a job in commentating.

I hope Andrew luck lays someone out again , he hits like a truck.

why oh why does Lou holtz have a job in commentating.

They keep him around for his "motivational" speeches

Tapatalking- so I can watch the big ten lose and still THP.

1 week until the big game. The Ducks are officailly in AZ.

DUCKLANDSinGlendale.jpg

All I have to say is Pryor is a clown. Selling goods, getting loaner cars, and more.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-pryor010311

Pryor showed up at the Sugar Bowl and proceeded to cast doubt on the promise supposedly made by the suspended players that they’d return for next season (a supposed condition on their bowl eligibility). Later he appeared to hack at Ohio State’s claim the players didn’t know the rules in the first place.

“I already knew what I shouldn’t have done back two years ago,” he said.

He even responded to criticism by former Buckeye quarterback and current ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit by mocking, “Has he beat Michigan?” (OSU went 0-4-1 against UM during Herbstreit’s career). The positive for enraged Buckeye fans: Pryor may sell the gold pants given to him for beating Michigan, but he obviously does consider it a measuring stick.

Just as things were quieting down, the Dispatch reported on Jan. 2 that Pryor had been pulled over by police three times in the last three years driving “loaner” cars from a local used car dealer, Auto Direct. Pryor told the paper he only borrowed the cars when his own car (currently a Dodge Charger) was in the shop with repairs.

Ohio State said it was aware of two of the incidents and would look into the third. If we’re led to believe the borrowing of cars were again isolated incidents, then Pryor has some bad luck with local cops. He seemingly gets pulled over every time he receives a nice loaner. Either that or he drives them all the time, of course.

The car dealer did tell the newspaper that he also allowed Pryor, in 2008, to drive a Dodge SUV back to Pryor’s home in Pennsylvania. “I wanted advice from some of my family and friends I trusted to see if it would be a good vehicle for me to maybe buy,” Pryor said.

Unsupervised, out-of-state test drivers of used cars are common practice, correct?

Oops.

Pryor didn’t buy the car, of course. Ohio State, quite naturally, declared everything on the up and up. How? Well, they just did. This wasn’t a violation of NCAA rules.

It is apparently just a coincidence that the dealership, according to the Dispatch, has more than two dozen autographed Buckeye jerseys on display, including ones from Pryor and a couple of the other “suspended” players. Or that there are player autographs all over the walls of the showroom.

It’s also just a coincidence that the used car loaner system Pryor enjoyed is eerily similar to the one former Buckeye Maurice Clarett detailed to ESPN the Magazine back in 2004. “When you’re hot in Columbus, you just go,” Clarett told the Magazine. “Somebody’s going to recognize your face. You say, ‘I need to use a car.’ ‘OK, here you go.’”

what a classless character and overrated QB

I'm gonna be pissed if he keeps his "promise" but that will never happen. Good riddance TP, you are a bad player. Enjoy the treatment while it lasts cause at the.next level you will ne just another nobody.

I wonder if the schools who missed out on him when he was a blue chip recruit are sorry they did now with all of this stuff swirling around him?

he is overrated, he will do just as well as Jamarcus Russell

Wow, conclusive evidence huh? The ball is bouncing right for OSU so far. First the Arkansas team drops the first two passes. Then the fumble by Tattoo gets picked up by OSU for a TD. But just now they call the TD back and the first play out RM throws a TD pass. Interesting game so far.

Ryan Mallett is good! Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Panthers uniform. I think this game is gonna be close.

Yeah he is TC.

Watching Bobby Petrino stammer on teh sidelines brings a smile to my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back