Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I thought that was funny, but I also think you might be being serious.

I am being serious and I might be wrong but I thought they had significant academic standards even for athletes. Like I said this is just heresay so I am probably way off base. I never really paid much attention to them.

Was doom and gloom there for a while. No matter how ugly it is, a win is a win.

If UGA starts 0-2 does Richt get fired? Honest question here.

ouch! Yeah, they'll lose that one. I don't know if he gets fired or not. Maybe. Seems to be a lot of pressure on college coaches these days.

Hard to say on that one, we fans are extremely dissapointed of the dominance of UGA by UF over the last 20 years (we actually still lead the series) and if he can beat UF with 8 or 9 wins he will probably stay. As far as the South Carolina game goes, we have them at home, so don't bet the house on the Gamecocks, it will be a hard fought game and a close scoring game as usual.

Was doom and gloom there for a while. No matter how ugly it is, a win is a win.

I agree w.e an ugly win beats any kind of loss, what is you accessment as to what happened?

Hard to say on that one, we fans are extremely dissapointed of the dominance of UGA by UF over the last 20 years (we actually still lead the series) and if he can beat UF with 8 or 9 wins he will probably stay. As far as the South Carolina game goes, we have them at home, so don't bet the house on the Gamecocks, it will be a hard fought game and a close scoring game as usual.

DD, what are your personal thoughts on Richt? I've always like him, got to hear him speak at a coaches clinic once, solid dude.

Thank you for that intelligible answer.

Notre Dame looks bad. Really bad.

DD, what are your personal thoughts on Richt? I've always like him, got to hear him speak at a coaches clinic once, solid dude.

I think he is a great man and a better than average coach - very good in fact, he has shown he is a winner, he may be too loyal to his coaches sometimes and not make changes as the game changes around him. His peers in the SEC are all very good coaches and several are great coaches, it is very tough to constantly win in this conference.

I think he is a great man and a better than average coach - very good in fact, he has shown he is a winner, he may be too loyal to his coaches sometimes and not make changes as the game changes around him. His peers in the SEC are all very good coaches and several are great coaches, it is very tough to constantly win in this conference.

I agree wholeheartedly with that, was just curious what a UGA fan's personal take is. Of course, I know you guys have those other fans always screaming form someones head just like we do every year with random idiots saying Stoops needs to get canned lol.

THAT was a great block!

I agree w.e an ugly win beats any kind of loss, what is you accessment as to what happened?

Losing 32 players from a national championship team happened. 4 new starters on the o line. 3 new starters on d line. Lost our 2 best wide receivers, best middle linebacker AU has had in years, Cam, Fairley. Replacing that kind of talent is hard, and will be a tough year with growing pains. 15 of 22 starters were sophomores, they will gain experience over time.

BUT, the Tigers fought hard and didn't give up against a Utah State team that was scrappy ad returned 20 of 22 starters from last year. New QB for AU, Barrett Trotter taking over for Cam played well and didn't make mistakes, and did the eat he could with a brand new o line with 2 true freshman (one was the center). He made the passes he needed to, and down by 10 with 2 minutes to go, Auburn played their hearts out and won the game, which they did many times last year.

I'll take an ugly win over any loss any day of the week. It's always great to be an Auburn Tiger.

War Damn Eagle.

Mark Richt learned from the best.

Mark Richt learned from the best.

I have great respect for Bobby Bowden, FSU is my 2nd favorite team, my sister lives in Tally and they have season tickets every year, I have attended quite a few games there over the years, more than anywhere else other than Athens.

edit - I also did not like the way FSU ushered Bobby out a couple of years ago.

I missed the game on TV, but did Bama's QB's look as bad live as they did on gametracker? I've never been a fan of the 2 QB system and I hope Saban sticks with AJ this season. I don't think Sims is mentally ready for the SEC's in your face defenses, not that AJ is a much better choice.

Notre Dame looks terrible. Mental mistakes over and over, that gives coaches aneurisms.

I missed the game on TV, but did Bama's QB's look as bad live as they did on gametracker? I've never been a fan of the 2 QB system and I hope Saban sticks with AJ this season. I don't think Sims is mentally ready for the SEC's in your face defenses, not that AJ is a much better choice.

I didnt watch the game, as I was sitting in a stadium myself. But from what I hear is that both had 2 INTs and one of the two had a fumble.

Fortunately for alabama, their defense is nasty, only giving up 108 yards total on the day.

Notre Dame being a top 20 team is another example of how screwed up the rankings are. Speaking with scouts, not a single one talks of the talent there. It just goes to show how skewed pre-season rankings are to those who vote and their location.

Every year we hear the same thing about them "returning" and every year they stink the same as the last.

Notre Dame being a top 20 team is another example of how screwed up the rankings are. Speaking with scouts, not a single one talks of the talent there. It just goes to show how skewed pre-season rankings are to those who vote and their location.

Every year we hear the same thing about them "returning" and every year they stink the same as the last.

Yup, yet it still cracks me up as the cycle perpetuates itself.

Irish getting boo-birds at home on week one, nice. lol

Irish getting boo-birds at home on week one, nice. lol

Gotta love that, booing your team right in front of the eyes of Touchdown Jesus. Stay classy Domers.

USC cheerleaders.....that is all

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

USC cheerleaders.....that is all

No doubt, but I think Oregon takes the trophy for Cheerleaders though. WOW!

That's also the media using the Tiger strategy, they're back/he's back, just want to have some sort of relevancy for the top names again

That's also the media using the Tiger strategy, they're back/he's back, just want to have some sort of relevancy for the top names again

Agreed, but to be fair, TW has at least been relevant. When is the last time Notre Dame was anywhere near relevant at the end of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back