Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion but it was cams team last year not the head coaches(forget his name right now)

I must have missed the games Cam played defense and special teams. Can you point those ones out to me?

Boise needs some magic to happen now.

Not surprised he went for two.
JB, I must have missed the amount of come backs he had, oh and the Heisman trophy he earned.

I must have missed the games Cam played defense and special teams. Can you point those ones out to me?
The coaching that was done last year, specifically the half time adjustments that were made on Defense by Coach Chizik and Coach Roof were some of the best jobs of Coaching I have ever seen. Most people seem to believe it was a one man show with Cam, but people forget about Darvin Adams and Mike Dyer who at times bailed Cam out when he had his struggles, and nobody ever remembers the HUGE comebacks Auburn had last year, coming from being down 21-7 to Georgia and 24-0 to Alabama.

What a gift from the football gods

JB, I must have missed the amount of come backs he had, oh and the Heisman trophy he earned.
Arkansas had Auburn dead to rights last year, in the 4th quarter MLB Josh Bynes had TWO huge interceptions that allowed Auburn to win the game. Without Josh Bynes making those two picks, Auburns offense and Cam can not complete a comeback. But, I forgot, it was all Cam.

This year, Auburn has a total of 15 Juniors and Seniors. The rest are true freshman and sophmores. To be bowl eligible this year after what we lost, is a heck of a job done by these Coaches.

Clearly you observed via stats and highlights.

Boise loses. How sad. Glad to not have to hear about them anymore this year.

Clearly you observed via stats and highlights.

I observe all things sports this way, by watching sportscenter highlights only with TC1 I have become a much more educated sports fan.

On topic I can't wait for the stanford game tonight, I think they win by a touchdown.

I observe all things sports this way, by watching sportscenter highlights only with TC1 I have become a much more educated sports fan.

On topic I can't wait for the stanford game tonight, I think they win by a touchdown.
I am looking forward to this game as well. It should be a close one, I want Standford to win, but think Oregon gets it done.

Congrats Smalls, we are in control of our game 38-7 in the 4th. 13:13 and we have the ball.
Close games are fun, but blowouts are a lot easier on the nerves!

I am looking forward to this game as well. It should be a close one, I want Standford to win, but think Oregon gets it done.

If this game was in Oregon I would agree with you, but I'm not sure they can go into stanford and win, but we will see. Luck did shave off his beard and that could really effect the game.

Worst ejection ever in the FSU game. They might as well just pass out flags before these games because the lack of contact they allow now is just stupid. dude doesn't even leave his feet lowers his shoulder and makes a textbook hit and gets ejected. so stupid.

Chizik went out and made the smart move, bringing in top of the line assistants at every position, and somehow managing to keep them. The only coach we have lost went to coach in the NFL. Auburn over achieved in 09, Won the NC in 10, and is doing what everyone thought they would do this year.

IF you think Cam won that national championship last year, they you didn't watch many Auburn games. Do they win it without him? OF course not, but they aren't even close if the D doesn't come up big at the right times. IF you give Trotter/Mosely the oline we had last year and Darvin Adams to throw to, you are looking at a much more competetive football team.

Am I concerned that Auburn is 6-4, not at all. Am I concerned that Auburn is not looking any better in week 10 than they did in week 1? Absolutely. I fully expected to lose 5 or 6 games this year. But I expected to be a pretty good football team by the end of the year, and that clearly isn't the case at this point. It's been 1 step forward and 2 steps back all year.

If this game was in Oregon I would agree with you, but I'm not sure they can go into stanford and win, but we will see. Luck did shave off his beard and that could really effect the game.
Good point, forgot it was being played @ Stanford.

Chizik went out and made the smart move, bringing in top of the line assistants at every position, and somehow managing to keep them. The only coach we have lost went to coach in the NFL. Auburn over achieved in 09, Won the NC in 10, and is doing what everyone thought they would do this year.

IF you think Cam won that national championship last year, they you didn't watch many Auburn games. Do they win it without him? OF course not, but they aren't even close if the D doesn't come up big at the right times. IF you give Trotter/Mosely the oline we had last year and Darvin Adams to throw to, you are looking at a much more competetive football team.

Am I concerned that Auburn is 6-4, not at all. Am I concerned that Auburn is not looking any better in week 10 than they did in week 1? Absolutely. I fully expected to lose 5 or 6 games this year. But I expected to be a pretty good football team by the end of the year, and that clearly isn't the case at this point. It's been 1 step forward and 2 steps back all year.
Agreed. Biggest loss from last year was 5 starters on the offensive line.

Congrat's to Kansas State winning in 4OT!!!

A few comments have been made...so who's watching this Oregon v Stanford game? I am excited for this one! Also, I'm ready for a cold one.

Texas putting up a blistering 5 points against the Big 12 bottom feeder Mizzou.

If Missouri is a "has been" in the Big 12, and beats Texas. What does that make Texas?

In the middle of a rebuilding period. There is a reason they play the game.

In the middle of a rebuilding period. There is a reason they play the game.
I am aware. You must have missed the conversation that took place last week about Missouri leaving the Big 12 for the SEC.

I am aware. You must have missed the conversation that took place last week about Missouri leaving the Big 12 for the SEC.

No I was in it, even though they have this win it doesn't exactly mean they have been a powerhouse in the Big 12.

Wow Stanford just got the most generous spot ever. They gave them like an extra 3 yards, which gave them the first down. Craziness.

Cool play by Oregon

So, IF Oregon wins, what do yall think of the BCS for Sunday? I'd say LSU, OK St, Alabama, OU, Oregon... BUT, IF OU beats Ok St in 3 weeks, I think they'd jump to number 2 in the BCS. This could be a nightmare season for the BCS, but I guess that there will always be complainers regardless of the system. The conclusion of this season is going to be very interesting and controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back