Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh, state bashing that doesn't include Texas. Refreshing.....:bashful:

Glad to see UT listed. Makes me optimistic that we may win again at some point in my life...

UT, just a bunch of Coach stealers, that's all.

Texas sucks! Happy? I kid. Texas is... I don't know.. flat? Wait I know... Texas is bigger than France!

Let's not get into the debate on who the real UT is... that one might get ugly.

Both UT! The yucky orange UT just got their Defensive Coordinator from a great program! Burnt orange and puke orange - I'll take the burnt if I had to choose.

Let's not get into the debate on who the real UT is... that one might get ugly.
True.

I never understood schools like "The University of Oklahoma" referring to themselves as OU? Shouldnt it be UO? Same with University of Kansas and KU?

But, what do I know, Auburn has like 50 bajillion mascots.

Both UT! The yucky orange UT just got their Defensive Coordinator from a great program! Burnt orange and puke orange - I'll take the burnt if I had to choose.

LOL you would! You ole' redneck you.

LOL you would! You ole' redneck you.

Ha! Nothing sucks like a big orange!

Ps. I love that we're trash talking college football in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst is my wife and her fam are steelers fans just crossing my fingers the browns can win this year. Their is not a good chance tho lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

So you are a Browns fan that's married to a Steelers fan and your inlaws are also Steelers fans... That's got to suck, dude! I guess this helps explain the talking up of OSU and the bashing of the SEC. I'd probably be looking for a bright spot in sports and doing the same in your situation! Haha!

Ha! Nothing sucks like a big orange!

Ps. I love that we're trash talking college football in April.

You know me, I'm a year round fan. I could talk college football every day.

I found out I'll get to walk the sidelines for a few UT games this year. Really excited about that.

i would have a better chance having a convo witha brick wall.

here since i have to spell it out in facts.

yep Osu sucks they are over rated

Top 50 Teams FBS Winning Percentage
1904-2010 (107 years)

Rank
Team name
Winning %
Won
Lost
Tied
Played

Ohio State
Notre Dame
Michigan
Oklahoma
Alabama
Texas
Southern Cal
Penn State
Nebraska
Tennessee

College Football Data Warehouse disagrees with this list. Of course they include all time records and don't start counting at some arbitary date. Check out the top 17 all time winning percentages, and we have to play each other. There is a reason for SEC pride, we are the best and others wish they were as strong. That is all. I pull for any SEC team playing out of conference and yes we do share big dollars from all of the bowl revenue.
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/misc/div_ia_winning_pct.php

Today was wacky tacky day at my daughters preschool! Why didn't I know this???? It would have been the one time she could wear an Auburn shirt!

Today was wacky tacky day at my daughters preschool! Why didn't I know this???? It would have been the one time she could wear an Auburn shirt!

Why not just wear some of that Bama gear?
alabama_fan_cc.jpg

bama_walmart9.jpg
Or this.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_...uter-science-adds-2m-to-athletics?hpt=hp_bn16

As a huge college football fan this makes me laugh, and pretty sad at the same time. I also can't believe any major university would cut a computer science department in this day and age.I know the budgets are separate and it's not like the athletic department is participating in outright theft from the other programs but it's very telling that athletics is booming and can increase their budget whereas a very important major is being removed from one of the states flagship schools. Priorities are seriously out of check when this kind of thing goes on.

(I wonder if this would ever happen in the Big 10 hahaha)

Last edited:
LOL at WE and WGE! I love it guys!

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_...uter-science-adds-2m-to-athletics?hpt=hp_bn16

As a huge college football fan this makes me laugh, and pretty sad at the same time. I also can't believe any major university would cut a computer science department in this day and age.I know the budgets are separate and it's not like the athletic department is participating in outright theft from the other programs but it's very telling that athletics is booming and can increase their budget whereas a very important major is being removed from one of the states flagship schools. Priorities are seriously out of check when this kind of thing goes on.

come on now

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danbigm...-about-plans-for-computer-science-department/

lets get the real story first

I would usually be the last to come running in support of anything UF related, but come on now, do you really think the two decisions have anything to do with each other? To think they are is just sillyness. I always hate when people complain about the money being spent on football and basketball, both programs at the major schools bring in tons of money, and greatly help virtually every program on campus.

I would usually be the last to come running in support of anything UF related, but come on now, do you really think the two decisions have anything to do with each other? To think they are is just sillyness. I always hate when people complain about the money being spent on football and basketball, both programs at the major schools bring in tons of money, and greatly help virtually every program on campus.

I know they weren't related, that's why I said they weren't.

Here's a little tidbit for all you Sec homers. Texas owns every Sec team except for one. Which one?

Not sure how they own anybody, but being a Bama fan, I am going with Vanderbilt.
Here's a little tidbit for all you Sec homers. Texas owns every Sec team except for one. Which one?

Auburn has a 3-5 record against Texas. I dont know if I would call that record "ownage".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back