Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a little tidbit for all you Sec homers. Texas owns every Sec team except for one. Which one?

Congrats...Horns are 7-1-1 against Bama, but I'll take our one win and the NC trophy that came with it :act-up:

Congrats...Horns are 7-1-1 against Bama, but I'll take our one win and the NC trophy that came with it
:act-up:
Yeah, that was a fairly significant win. I hope you give a good Sec welcome to the aggies.

Weird story out of Ohio State...
Less than two weeks after giving Ohio State an oral commitment, All-State linebacker Alex Anzalone has informed Urban Meyer's staff that he will not be attending the school.

Anzalone, one of the most sought-after football recruits in the nation, de-committed Friday afternoon after disturbing news surfaced that a Buckeyes fan who gained access to players and recruits is a convicted sex offender.

The sex offender, Charles Eric Waugh of Kentucky, has been reaching out to Ohio State players and recruits, personally and via social media.

He made contact with Anzalone during a recruiting visit to Columbus, Ohio, April 21. A photograph of Waugh with Anzalone and two other recruits was posted on a fan website, as were other photographs of the sex offender with a Buckeyes player and the school mascot, Brutus.

"There's a disconnect between what Alex thought was there (at Ohio State) and what is actually there," said his father, Dr. Sal Anzalone.

Anzalone and his father spoke to Ohio State assistant coach Luke Fickell Friday afternoon to express their concerns and to de-commit.

"Something's just not right at Ohio State," Sal Anzalone said. "It's not for him."

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=384313

Gotta admit, it's a pretty damn solid excuse.
While troubling this kid has just been looking for a way kut since he committed. I have no idea how this vuy even came around but it was just the excuse this guy needed. As I said he has been back pedaling ever since he committed.

There are freaks wandering around every college campus.

Guaranteed, don't think anyone who is a fan of any college sports team should be taking a holier than thou stance. Everyone has embarrassing situations arise occasionally.

Florida State looking for another conference is starting to get some legs in lue of the ESPN deal with the ACC. :popcorn:

Florida State looking for another conference is starting to get some legs in lue of the ESPN deal with the ACC. :popcorn:

The SEC has let it be known that FSU would be a welcome addition. UF may not feel quite that hip on the idea.

The SEC has let it be known that FSU would be a welcome addition. UF may not feel quite that hip on the idea.
Agree. It's starting to sound like they want a Texas deal with TV and rumors have them exploring other conferences including the Big 12. No one seems to have an idea on what direction they are planning on going in but should be interesting.

I think the SEC would be a great fit, would love to see FSU/FU be a conference game!

Guaranteed, don't think anyone who is a fan of any college sports team should be taking a holier than thou stance. Everyone has embarrassing situations arise occasionally.

What are you talking about? Nothing to be ashamed of ever happens at Arkansas! Haha!

Not sure I agree. Right now they play each year and have to use an out of conference on it when they can make more money playing a home game every year.

This is going to be fun to follow this summer:

"John Rieger-US PRESSWIRE

Big 12 Conference commissioner
Bob Bowlsby is apparently diving right into the deep end of the conference
expansion pool. I was told that “back channel” contact is currently taking place
with five high major schools, with regards to joining the Big 12 conference.
These lines of communication have been opened with Clemson, Maryland, Florida
State, Georgia Tech, and Notre Dame."

I do not understand the Big 12 wanting to add those teams. Add Tulsa, Houston, or BYU. Heck, take Ole Miss and Mississippi State off our hands! :D

I do not understand the Big 12 wanting to add those teams. Add Tulsa, Houston, or BYU. Heck, take Ole Miss and Mississippi State off our hands! :D

TV markets. All about TV markets.

Haha Clemson. The orange headed step child of the South. Logistically that list is dumb.

--
Tapatalk2

Haha Clemson. The orange headed step child of the South. Logistically that list is dumb.

--
Tapatalk2
Logistically all the conferences no longer make sense.

Like TCU being in the big east.

--
Tapatalk2

No dumber than West Virginia IMO.

Or San Diego State being in the Big East

FIFY!!! lol
Damn, thats right. TCU joined the big easy but left before they even went didnt they?

Edit; I was going to correct big easy to big east, but didnt, because it fits. Hahaha

Not sure I agree. Right now they play each year and have to use an out of conference on it when they can make more money playing a home game every year.

The scuttlebutt I hear is because of perceived recruiting edge for UF because of the dominance of the SEC over the last several BCS championships. UF considers is a small edge when recruiting head to head with the 'Noles. No biggie, but that is the talk.

I wish they would add Boise State..... Sick of the "Boise State deserves a shot in the Championship blah blah blah...." conversation.

Well, Well, Well.....looks like the Big 12 and SEC are starting to seperate themselves from the pack. Love it.

The Big 12 and the Southeastern conferences have announced a deal that will pit their football regular-season champions against each other in a bowl game for five years beginning in 2014.The agreement between two of the most successful BCS conferences was announced Friday.

If one or both of the league champions are selected to play in what is expected to be a four-team national championship playoff, another team would be selected for the Big 12-SEC matchup.
SEC Commissioner Mike Slive says a new January bowl tradition has been born. Incoming Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby says he’s excited by the prospects for the game.
Specific details, including host sites, will be announced at a later date.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...tseason-game/2012/05/18/gIQARKxiYU_story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back