Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabama will play West Virginia in the 2014 Chickfila kickoff classic.

any a&m alums here ? looking to find some affordable tickets to the florida game Sept 8th

Just dropping by to say that I can't wait for next season...GO DUCKS!

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Former West Virginia football coach Bill Stewart has died of what the athletic department says was an apparent heart attack.
A statement issued by West Virginia spokesman Michael Fragale says Stewart's family notified the university on Monday. Fragale had no further details.
Stewart resigned last summer and was replaced by Dana Holgorsen the same night.
He'd gone 28-12 in three seasons after taking over for Rich Rodriguez, but failed to earn a Bowl Championship Series berth.

My college team has one of the worst football teams hahha go Aggies

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Former West Virginia football coach Bill Stewart has died of what the athletic department says was an apparent heart attack.
A statement issued by West Virginia spokesman Michael Fragale says Stewart's family notified the university on Monday. Fragale had no further details.
Stewart resigned last summer and was replaced by Dana Holgorsen the same night.
He'd gone 28-12 in three seasons after taking over for Rich Rodriguez, but failed to earn a Bowl Championship Series berth.

How sad, from all accounts a nice guy. Taken way too soon.

It appears that Clemson and Florida State have informed the ACC about their intent to exploring new conference affiliations. And so it begins.......again.

It appears that Clemson and Florida State have informed the ACC about their intent to exploring new conference affiliations. And so it begins.......again.

Damn. I hope not. I want Clemson to stay in the ACC. Would it only be for football?

If it wasnt for the idiots at uf and usce we would have those teams instead of the aggies and mizzou.

Tapin for bird

Damn. I hope not. I want Clemson to stay in the ACC. Would it only be for football?
Just some chatter right now so waiting for someone legit to come out and confirm it but appears that Clemson is willing to follow FSU in what they decide.

If it wasnt for the idiots at uf and usce we would have those teams instead of the aggies and mizzou.

Tapin for bird

you really think UF kept FSU out of the SEC?

The university president at NMSU is debating to remove the Aggies from the WAC, it's kind of dumb

Florida State I understand, but where/who for Clemson?

and now it's coming out Georgia Tech is putting out feelers to the Big 12.....crazy.

you really think UF kept FSU out of the SEC?

Absolutely, UF has succesfully lobbied for years to keep the Noles out of the SEC. Being the only SEC team in talent rich Florida has been very beneficial for years. Having FSU and Clemson would have been great for the SEC, but nope.

Absolutely, UF has succesfully lobbied for years to keep the Noles out of the SEC. Being the only SEC team in talent rich Florida has been very beneficial for years. Having FSU and Clemson would have been great for the SEC, but nope.

While the fan in me agrees with you that FSU and Clemson would have been great additions and natural fits, this whole realignment is about TV dollars. A&M and Mizzou (lesser degree) bring new TV Markets, FSU and Clemson do not. Now FSU and Ga Tech by the same logic would bring new shared TV Markets to the Big 12...Clemson doesn't really help them as much there in my opinion.

Do you know this as fact?

While the fan in me agrees with you that FSU and Clemson would have been great additions and natural fits, this whole realignment is about TV dollars. A&M and Mizzou (lesser degree) bring new TV Markets, FSU and Clemson do not. Now FSU and Ga Tech by the same logic would bring new shared TV Markets to the Big 12...Clemson doesn't really help them as much there in my opinion.

I can agree wtih the A&M vs Clemson comparison, bringing in Clemson doesn't bring very much. But I have to think adding FSU would bring in alot of TV dollars, moreso than Mizzou. When FSU was on top they are one of the few national teams, similar to ND, USCw and Texas. Rumors at the time said FSU was ready to join, and FSU was ready to join. However UF played hardball, and joined with USCe and UGA to keep FSU, Clemson and GT out. Those 3 teams wanted to keep their home turf to themselves. Who knows if it was true.

Do you know this as fact?

Nope, I'm talking out of my ass, isn't that what college football fandom is all about?

But of course I have no proof behind my statements, but it seems to be recognized as truth by many.

I can agree wtih the A&M vs Clemson comparison, bringing in Clemson doesn't bring very much. But I have to think adding FSU would bring in alot of TV dollars, moreso than Mizzou. When FSU was on top they are one of the few national teams, similar to ND, USCw and Texas. Rumors at the time said FSU was ready to join, and FSU was ready to join. However UF played hardball, and joined with USCe and UGA to keep FSU, Clemson and GT out. Those 3 teams wanted to keep their home turf to themselves. Who knows if it was true.

I've kind of heard the opposite, that FSU was pretty much invited back in 90-92 and turned down the SEC at the last minute.

I personally don't think Mizzou was the team the SEC wanted for the 14th slot, but they were the best they could get of those that would come.

Boy, if the Big 12 could get a FSU or ND and Clemson or GT out of this round of realignment, I would gladly take the swap out for the Aggies and Mizzu. But I'm not holding my breath.

I've kind of heard the opposite, that FSU was pretty much invited back in 90-92 and turned down the SEC at the last minute.

This is what we have always thought. UF welcomed them because it would be a conference game and that they could then use the extra game for a money maker and have a home game each year out of it.

Im going to contact my family member that owns/runs a pretty large FSU sports media company and see which one is correct.

This is what we have always thought. UF welcomed them because it would be a conference game and that they could then use the extra game for a money maker and have a home game each year out of it.

Im going to contact my family member that owns/runs a pretty large FSU sports media company and see which one is correct.

Ask 'em what they are hearing regarding the FSU and other ACC teams "talking" to the Big 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back