Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is ridiculous. And if it was true. They only did it because the teams in the SEC cheat.

Signed Jrod :alien:

LOL. Nope I won't even defend them for this mess.

It's a disgrace.

LOL. Nope I won't even defend them for this mess.

It's a disgrace.

Yeah, you were one of the few that didnt even try to defend the last mess either. I commend you for that.

Yeah, you were one of the few that didnt even try to defend the last mess either. I commend you for that.

Yah at some point I had to take the blinders off. I just hope they get their stuff together and realize NC's and Big Ten titles aren't worth people like Terrelle Pryor and Maurice Clarett.

Lack. Of. Institutional. Control.

Hopefully once the season actually starts this nonsense will stop. It's getting really annoying as a fan.

Mr Smith needs to get a grip.

FSU talk to the Big 12 is on high today. Love the rumors and possible schools moving to the Big 12. This is a lot more fun this summer than last.

Just checking in here to say Roll Tide. That is all.

the SEC is pushing for the top 4 teams to be in the playoff not conference champs . http://espn.go.com/college-football...e-coaches-want-football-playoff-include-top-4

this quote by the Big 10 commish just screams "we have no chance with that format"

Big Ten commissioner Jim Delaney has said the new format shouldn't include a team that doesn't win its conference division -- an obvious reference to national champion and SEC West runner-up Alabama.

loved sabans quote too

LSU's Les Miles, Alabama's Nick Saban and several others made it clear that limiting a four-team playoff to conference champs likely would benefit everyone outside the SEC.
"It's just like politics and self-interest," Saban said. "Somebody wants to create a circumstance that's going to help their situation or conference. That's not in the best interest of college football."

the SEC is pushing for the top 4 teams to be in the playoff not conference champs . http://espn.go.com/college-football...e-coaches-want-football-playoff-include-top-4

this quote by the Big 10 commish just screams "we have no chance with that format"

loved sabans quote too

It's interesting to see all this back and forth, I understand the major conferences wanting their champs in, but why not make it like a 6 team playoff with a couple wildcard type teams and give 1 and 2 a bye?

It's interesting to see all this back and forth, I understand the major conferences wanting their champs in, but why not make it like a 6 team playoff with a couple wildcard type teams and give 1 and 2 a bye?

I can even understand going top three conference champions and one wild card, or doing like they do in the BCS where no more than two teams from the same conference are in, but doing four conference champions is ridiculous, and if that's the way they go, it will be a disaster because there will be years (like last year) where the third and fourth highest conference champions will be ranked #7 and #11 overall.

What these other conferences aren't properly considering in my mind is that the SEC will not be dominant forever, that there will be years down the road where two Big Ten, Pac12, or Big12 teams will be in the top 4, and they will have set a system that hurts them as well.

I think making a conference championship a requirement to get into the national title playoff is dumb. Just for example's sake, let's pick a team from a conference other than the SEC.

Let's say Michigan beats Alabama (not gonna happen so we can roll with it as an example). Michigan goes the rest of the season undefeated but loses the BIG10 conference championship game to three loss Wisconsin. There are three undefeated teams - USC, Georgia, and FSU and they all get in. Every other team in college football has three losses or more. You're telling me one loss Michigan doesn't get in the playoff?

Dumb. Of course my example is out there. It's extreme to say every other team has three losses or more. I'm just making an extreme example of why that shouldn't be a stipulation for getting into the playoff.

I think making a conference championship a requirement to get into the national title playoff is dumb. Just for example's sake, let's pick a team from a conference other than the SEC.

Let's say Michigan beats Alabama (not gonna happen so we can roll with it as an example). Michigan goes the rest of the season undefeated but loses the BIG10 conference championship game to three loss Wisconsin. There are three undefeated teams - USC, Georgia, and FSU and they all get in. Every other team in college football has three losses or more. You're telling me one loss Michigan doesn't get in the playoff?

Dumb. Of course my example is out there. It's extreme to say every other team has three losses or more. I'm just making an extreme example of why that shouldn't be a stipulation for getting into the playoff.

Agreed. But, Go Blue. :clap:

It's really interesting to see the ex coaches who would like to be included in a selection committee, how could they be objective, they'll always root for their team and conference first and probably root against a rival. It needs to be outsiders without a horse in the race so to speak.

It's really interesting to see the ex coaches who would like to be included in a selection committee, how could they be objective, they'll always root for their team and conference first and probably root against a rival. It needs to be outsiders without a horse in the race so to speak.

Exactly...with the amount of money involved, almost no one individual is impartial. Couldn't possibly be why the BCS rankings are decided by 100-150 voters and 6 computers.

What I am hearing two former players have passed and one current player was injured. Its a sad situation.

Tapin for bird

Very very sad day in Auburn today. The weather is gloomy and rainy here, almost reflective of moods. Prayers to the families of all involved.

Very very sad day in Auburn today. The weather is gloomy and rainy here, almost reflective of moods. Prayers to the families of all involved.

I've talked to some friends and family there, and all have said the same. Prayers sent up that way for all those involved.

I've talked to some friends and family there, and all have said the same. Prayers sent up that way for all those involved.

Lets just say that church this AM was quite a somber place. I keep telling folks, if it was impressive how a bunch of people (Family) came together over Toomers, wait until people see how the AU Family comes together for this. WDE.

Lets just say that church this AM was quite a somber place. I keep telling folks, if it was impressive how a bunch of people (Family) came together over Toomers, wait until people see how the AU Family comes together for this. WDE.
There has been some very brutal statements tossed out by the media that I have seen, but that is par for the course for the crap media from that State. Sad that at a time like this at AU, media outlets in Birmingham and Mobile decide to take gut shots at a schools Athletics. Disgusting.

There has been some very brutal statements tossed out by the media that I have seen, but that is par for the course for the crap media from that State. Sad that at a time like this at AU, media outlets in Birmingham and Mobile decide to take gut shots at a schools Athletics. Disgusting.

The NYTimes article was by far the worst, someone tweeted it, if I find it I'll post it. But hey, we caught him. Enjoy prison, "Woosie."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back