Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let this be my bold prediction: Bama won't have a chance to play USC, because they're not making the NC game. I know Saban is there and Bama seemingly reloads every year. But, they lost a franchise RB and a ridiculous amount of talent on defense this year. The margin for error to make the NC game in CFB is so small that I just don't think Bama is going to do it.

I don't think it will be due to the running back, but I'm more concerned about the Secondary. I don't like that they have two games against Top 10 teams (Mich and Ark) in the first three games as they are trying to break in 3 out or 4 CB and Safeties.

I don't think it will be due to the running back, but I'm more concerned about the Secondary. I don't like that they have two games against Top 10 teams (Mich and Ark) in the first three games as they are trying to break in 3 out or 4 CB and Safeties.

Talking with a buddy the other day, and this is the first time in years I have heard him express concern with the defense at Bama. Is the secondary thin or just young?

Really? I thought those jerseys were quite the hot seller. I believe they sold out of them at the games when they were available for sale, didnt they?

Re: USC, I couldnt remember if it was 2010/2011 or 2011/2012

They were a hot seller, but the big ticket senior citizen donors had a collective stroke. Sounds like the Orange Jersey debate for Auburn is the same as our forum trolls like to do with White Helmets.

OU has some serious things to workout with what they are going to do to help Jones out this year. They just booted their only WR who played any serious time for violations and even he was a fill in for Broyles. The PState kid will help. I hope you are all wrong on your OU selection.........Ha!

Um...no. The kid who was completely booted had 12 catches for 165 yards. Two others will return later in the year, and Kenny Stills and his 800+ yards are still there.

Will they struggle? I expect they will at times. They have some real talent that came in there this year as well, but I don't expect aa's out the gate, that would be wishful thinking of me.

Silly whorns with your facts wrong again. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be going to a few UT games this year if everything works out. Looks like I'm headed to Nashville for UT vs Vandy for sure and then I hope to see UT vs Florida as well.

Talking with a buddy the other day, and this is the first time in years I have heard him express concern with the defense at Bama. Is the secondary thin or just young?

Just young mainly. We only have one returnee between CB and Safety. Saban signed two JUCO CBs and one will be fine, but the other already left school. There are some 5 Star guys who will get a chance, but they are true Freshmen and Sophs. Just reminds me of the 2010 team at this point. I think there are solid starters there, we just have to figure out who they are without getting torched deep.

I don't see ya'll hurting at running back either. I honestly think ya'll could plug any SEC starter behind your offensive line and be just fine. I don't know enough about your secondary to compliment but that isn't the first time I've heard that concern.

LSU fans loved theirs. UGa fans absolutely went crazy for their uni's they wore against Boise to start the year.

Yeah. But that was the younger kids that don't care as much about their school's traditions or history as they do about something looking "cool", "dope", or "hot". Most of the people that liked those uniforms were college age or younger. You'd have been hard pressed to find a bunch of people over the age of around 30 that approved.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I don't see ya'll hurting at running back either. I honestly think ya'll could plug any SEC starter behind your offensive line and be just fine. I don't know enough about your secondary to compliment but that isn't the first time I've heard that concern.

Honestly, I expect the offense to have to carry the defense more this season. I think our top four RBs could play SEC Football, so if Lacy get's injured or isn't as good as he looked at times last year, we'll plug in the next guy and see what he can do. The big difference I'm hearing is that the passing game may open up considerably from last year. McCarron has a year at Starter, we've got a more talented (yet unproven) receiving corp compared to last year, and a new OC that seems willing to open up the game plan more than Saban allowed before. If that happens, with the dominant O-Line, the RBs won't have to be as good to see bigger holes than they did last year.

Also, WTC are these? I am supposed to root for a team wearing these?

adidas-wisconsin-badgers-unrivaled-game-techfit-football-uniforms-header.jpg

Georgia should never wear those Black jerseys again. The two times they have worn them, they were destroyed.

That is very true, but I think they looked awesome. I would like to see them wear them again and do the destroying this time.

That definitely doesn't stand for "WINNING"...

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Not that a lot of people are into D2 football, but my Alma mater, Pittsburg State, is #1 in the pre-season poll. They are also defending champs!

Go Gorillas!

24e9b338.jpg

Bama's offense will keep the defense off the field enough for them not to get exposed. That Oline is ridiculously good. They'll control clock and wear defenses out. I also suspect that defense will be just fine. That's what Alabama does.

LSU fans loved theirs. UGa fans absolutely went crazy for their uni's they wore against Boise to start the year.

Errrr, I think the players liked them and most of us who are fans hated them, we called them our Power Rangers outfits. Ugh.

I like everything this guy said, so I'l just quote it.
Bama's offense will keep the defense off the field enough for them not to get exposed. That Oline is ridiculously good. They'll control clock and wear defenses out. I also suspect that defense will be just fine. That's what Alabama does.

Errrr, I think the players liked them and most of us who are fans hated them, we called them our Power Rangers outfits. Ugh.

This only further solidifies my statement from earlier.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

My bad Jman....I thought Stills was gone too. Damn it! But isn't Jackson the one that was dismissed? He's not returning? Besides the Penn State WR transfer....any other WR that had playing time last year?

This only further solidifies my statement from earlier.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Yes it does, not many people over the age of 30 had anything good to say about the unis.

I like them better than the one's Nebraska will be wearing that game!!!

Personally I find the ND one's to be the worst yet. Maybe not as bad as Oregon's chrome though.

Jman...did you have a DT starter suspended from the team today? Big game Bob isn't letting things slide this year!

I like everything this guy said, so I'l just quote it.

You would... You Bamian's always have the greener grass.

Tyler Bray, Hunter, Rogers, Croom, Patterson, and even our TE Rivera are gonna hurt some Crimson feelings this year me thinks... add to that a deep list of solid backs with Raijon's ability to become a straight up star and an incredibly improved O-Line. Put the icing on the cake with a defense that last year was ranked 28th in the nation despite being #2 @ most time spent on the field and has only improved greatly on the off season.

Roll over tide...Roll over.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Georgia should never wear those Black jerseys again. The two times they have worn them, they were destroyed.

We are actually 2-1 in the black jersey's, we beat AU 45-20 and Hawaii 41-10 in 2007 the first year we wore them. Bama waxed our butts 41-30 in 2009. The other time you are probably thinking about was the UF game in 2009 when they also handed our fanny's to us 41-17 but we wore black helmets for that game, not jerseys.

I still like the thought of wearing the black jersey occasionally, but I don't like doing anything to our helmets.

We'll see. I try not to talk too much football until I've seen the teams play.
You would... You Bamian's always have the greener grass.

Tyler Bray, Hunter, Rogers, Croom, Patterson, and even our TE Rivera are gonna hurt some Crimson feelings this year me thinks... add to that a deep list of solid backs with Raijon's ability to become a straight up star and an incredibly improved O-Line. Put the icing on the cake with a defense that last year was ranked 28th in the nation despite being #2 @ most time spent on the field and has only improved greatly on the off season.

Roll over tide...Roll over.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

We'll see. I try not to talk too much football until I've seen the teams play.

Quit playing like you're a high road taker. This is college football!!!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back