Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt see all of the game but what I did see was a good game and seemed pretty even. But like I said I didnt see the whole game so I dont even know how it ended. This would all be a mute point if they would just go to a playoff system. Everybody wants it but the school athletic directors and the bowl sponsors.

Ok just checked the final score 17-10. Overmatched? That looks pretty close to me. Looks like two evenly matched teams, which is what I saw through 3 quarters.

I didnt see all of the game but what I did see was a good game and seemed pretty even. But like I said I didnt see the whole game so I dont even know how it ended. This would all be a mute point if they would just go to a playoff system. Everybody wants it but the school athletic directors and the bowl sponsors.

Ok just checked the final score 17-10. Overmatched? That looks pretty close to me. Looks like two evenly matched teams, which is what I saw through 3 quarters.

The first half Boise dominated the game. TCU got a late end of the half TD and Boise missed an early FG. I watched the game and do not have a preference for either team. I thought Boise was a much sharper team on both sides of the ball. TCU did nothing the entire 1st half until that late score.

The first half I did see and while I agree Boise did dominate TCU still kept the game close. That says something for them. But I agree with you earlier in this thread, I think both of those teams would have been just destroyed in demoralizing fashion against Florida or Texas. They just didnt look like a major football power.

The first half I did see and while I agree Boise did dominate TCU still kept the game close. That says something for them. But I agree with you earlier in this thread, I think both of those teams would have been just destroyed in demoralizing fashion against Florida or Texas. They just didnt look like a major football power.

It was nice to see some smaller schools get showcased this year, but I agree with you, Alabama, UF, or Texas would have destroyed both of these schools like they did Uconn in my opinion.

It was nice to see some smaller schools get showcased this year, but I agree with you, Alabama, UF, or Texas would have destroyed both of these schools like they did Uconn in my opinion.

I agree, it is nice to see the smaller schools get some prime time. They should get something having undefeated records. So tonight we have Iowa and GT. Do I even care? Why does this game deserve to be on tonight in prime time? We should have seen the National Championship game by now and be done with college football. It should have been on last night.:banghead:

I agree, it is nice to see the smaller schools get some prime time. They should get something having undefeated records. So tonight we have Iowa and GT. Do I even care? Why does this game deserve to be on tonight in prime time? We should have seen the National Championship game by now and be done with college football. It should have been on last night.:banghead:

It gets worse, how in the world does Central Michigan and Troy get a prime time game?

The first half Boise dominated the game. TCU got a late end of the half TD and Boise missed an early FG. I watched the game and do not have a preference for either team. I thought Boise was a much sharper team on both sides of the ball. TCU did nothing the entire 1st half until that late score.

I agree with this. Boise looked much better imho.

Thats why I would love to see a playoff....it will quiet these schools from thinking they should have been in the National game and it would have given Florida a chance to play for the title. They did get beat by Alabama in the SEC championship but I dont know if the outcome would be the same in round two of that fight. AN NFL rookie was quoted saying that it was amazing that his team could lose so many games and still be in the playoffs(Mark Sanchez). Thats the way it should be. It is the only sport where if you lose a game you are out of a championship. Just my opinion but I hate the bowl system.

Boise State has a phenomenal football program and they did look superior to TCU last night. Do they deserve a shot at the national title? No way! I'm sorry but they simply couldn't hold a candle to the style of football that is played at Alabama, Florida, or Texas. Kellen Moore is a 6' quarterback that led the nation in completion %, but looked a bit overwhelmed by TCU's defense last night. Could you imagine how rattled he'd be by the sheer speed of a Texas defense or Alabama's D? It would be a joke. There will never be a playoff system which sucks, but this year the committee got everything right.

I want a playoff too, but I dont see an argument for UF. They did not win their conference. That too me says that they should not belong. But you are right in that it would put an end to all of this.

The TCU team that played last night would have absolutely NO SHOT against UF, Alabama, Texas, or about a half a dozen schools that have extremely fast talent across the board.

The TCU team that played last night would have absolutely NO SHOT against UF, Alabama, Texas, or about a half a dozen schools that have extremely fast talent across the board.

Exactly! I think that anyone who watched that game couldn't argue this statement.

Boise State has a phenomenal football program and they did look superior to TCU last night. Do they deserve a shot at the national title? No way! I'm sorry but they simply couldn't hold a candle to the style of football that is played at Alabama, Florida, or Texas. Kellen Moore is a 6' quarterback that led the nation in completion %, but looked a bit overwhelmed by TCU's defense last night. Could you imagine how rattled he'd be by the sheer speed of a Texas defense or Alabama's D? It would be a joke. There will never be a playoff system which sucks, but this year the committee got everything right.

I want a playoff too, but I dont see an argument for UF. They did not win their conference. That too me says that they should not belong. But you are right in that it would put an end to all of this.

I agree with both of you on Boise State, but, I am not a Florida fan, not even a little bit, they did not win the SEC but have any of you ever played a great round of golf and followed it with a bad round. Tiger, Phil, Daly(haha,jk) even have bad days, I dont think its fair to sum up a season in a 4 hour game. I think anyone could make a run in a playoff system, look at March Madness, there are surprises every year, its not always 1,1,1,1 seeds playing in the final 4. So why is it 1 and 2 in the national championship.

Exactly! I think that anyone who watched that game couldn't argue this statement.

Someone will I am sure. Perhaps someone that thinks Peyton Manning is overrated and comparable to Brad Johnson or a person that thinks Brady Quinn will be a star....hehe

I watched the entire game last night and neither team looked worthy of their respective ranking. For all the talk (by the announcers) of the defense(s), the truth is that neither team could get its offense working. No way either of those teams would have had a shot against UF, Texas, or Bama.

It was the most boring close game I think I've ever watched.

and......Florida State put a spanking on #16 West Virginia and they were not ranked nor did they have a great season, but they coould have made a legit run...not saing the are national title team but

I watched the entire game last night and neither team looked worthy of their respective ranking. For all the talk (by the announcers) of the defense(s), the truth is that neither team could get its offense working. No way either of those teams would have had a shot against UF, Texas, or Bama.

Wait you dont like bad passing, less than explosive running, and teams that move the ball 20 yards and then punt every single possesion?

And you call yourself a football fan. :alien:

Yay Hawkeyes! They really put a hurting on the what many were calling an unstoppable GT offense. Iowa offense wasn't too bad either, considering Stanzi just came back from an injury and their two RB's are freshmen. Hawks had a lot of doubters this year, but they pulled it out!

Tonight should be a really good game!! I really wish we were able to get tickets then I wouldn't have to be at work today haa haa, we only live 6 miles away from the Rose Bowl :(

I didn't think this was much of a surprise. Mizzou was middle of the road at best in the Big 12 North. Navy is a solid team, and the triple option is difficult to defend if you don't see it regularly. Just look at what Paul Johnson has done at GA Tech since leaving Navy. Navy was competitive in most games this year, losing to Ohio State by 4, losing to Pitt, beating Wake Forest, and beating Notre Dame.

The truth is that I would expect a middle of the road Big 12 or SEC team to beat just about any Big East or ACC team in any given year with few exceptions. Cinci it turns out was obviously way over rated. The Big 10 has either improved in the last year or the teams they were matched with in bowls this year were over rated. Not sure which.

Awww man...Alabama is favored :( But I think Texas has a good shot!!

Patterson admitted he worked the team too hard in the weeks before the game and they were flat - no life at all. Hughes disappeared in that game and I have never been real impressed with Dalton either, no surprise he had his worst game of the year on the biggest stage. I think both teams choked. I have to give the defenses some credit for the poor offensive numbers on both sides. Look at what Florida did or didn't do against Alabama in the SEC title game. If that was the only Florida game you watched all year you would think they were terrible too. Truth is the way you perform depends a lot on what the other team allows you to do or prevents you from doing. A better team will make you look bad. Like what Alabama will probably do to Texas tonight.

The truth is that I would expect a middle of the road Big 12 or SEC team to beat just about any Big East or ACC team in any given year with few exceptions. Cinci it turns out was obviously way over rated. The Big 10 has either improved in the last year or the teams they were matched with in bowls this year were over rated. Not sure which.

That is crazy when you have FSU, Miami, and Va Tech in the conference. OUtside of Texas, who would make a run THIS year at those schools on normal years. Outside of texas and OK, the Big 12 is average the last few years. Those two programs are awesome and the conference overall is up there, but not to where the middle of the road could handle those 3 schools year in and year out.

Patterson admitted he worked the team too hard in the weeks before the game and they were flat - no life at all. Hughes disappeared in that game and I have never been real impressed with Dalton either, no surprise he had his worst game of the year on the biggest stage. I think both teams choked. I have to give the defenses some credit for the poor offensive numbers on both sides. Look at what Florida did or didn't do against Alabama in the SEC title game. If that was the only Florida game you watched all year you would think they were terrible too. Truth is the way you perform depends a lot on what the other team allows you to do or prevents you from doing. A better team will make you look bad. Like what Alabama will probably do to Texas tonight.

No way is it because of overworked or anything else. The two small schools and Cincy to make a third got exposed this year. Some years they have it like when Boise made its run and other years they dont and this was one of those years. Both of those two teams would have been spanked by any major top 10 program this year and it showed. Your take throughout this thread that TCU was deserving of playing with Texas, UF, Alabama, and more was off for this year in my opinion.

Until their is a playoff no one in this world knows who could beat who. You can best believe TCU, Boise State, Utah or any other deserving team will never get a chance b/c if they win, which they could, the BCS would fold on site.

Until their is a playoff no one in this world knows who could beat who. You can best believe TCU, Boise State, Utah or any other deserving team will never get a chance b/c if they win, which they could, the BCS would fold on site.

I agree that a playoff is needed. But this was the year the smaller schools had a chance to shine. Cincy got its wish to play a big time team and got smoked off the field.

TCU and Boise both got their time in the spotlight in a BCS bowl and looked like the minor leagues.

Until a team can step up and make a run, it will not change.

The one thing I do know after this season is the SEC isn't that much better than any other conference anymore. College football is evolving for the better of the game and the sooner they split the money fairly among all schools the better off the game will be. Bill Hancock is a disgrace to our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back