Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing it out there but under Urban Florida had 34 (I think). Isnt that the same thing?

Speaking of Clarrett- the allegations were never upheld due to a "lack of evidence". If I can't hold Cam against Auburn you cant hold MC against OSU. He was cleared of all wrong doing so fair is fair. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was accused in the academic scandal as well as falsifying a police report. He was suspended from the team and walked away and tried to sue the NFL for draft inclusion. Won first battle, then lost appeal. Of course then went to prison. And then guess what? Re-enrolled at OSU.

He was accused in the academic scandal as well as falsifying a police report. He was suspended from the team and walked away and tried to sue the NFL for draft inclusion. Won first battle, then lost appeal. Of course then went to prison. And then guess what? Re-enrolled at OSU.

But his team dismissal had nothing to do with NCAA sanctions, or any wrong doing per the NCAA. The police reports were not part of an NCAA investigation. He had a crap ton of problems and we are very embarrassed about him- but according to the NCAA he is clean.

But his team dismissal had nothing to do with NCAA sanctions, or any wrong doing per the NCAA. The police reports were not part of an NCAA investigation. He had a crap ton of problems and we are very embarrassed about him- but according to the NCAA he is clean.

You are forgetting one problem. He committed a crime during his tenure. Yes he was found innocent (by the way another case where many throw favoritism towards the school). The point I was making with him being brought up is that the two biggest names over the last decade at OSU have been caught cheating, lying, and/or breaking the law. Yet what sanctions have been taken against the school?

And give me one other instance where the two biggest names at a school were caught like this with no sanctions. Your example said the SEC, so here ya go. Two instances of this exact behavior happened this year.

1. SEC player - Suspended immediately having impact on a CURRENT year.
2. OSU players - Suspended starting next year having NO impact on current year.

You are forgetting one problem. He committed a crime during his tenure. Yes he was found innocent (by the way another case where many throw favoritism towards the school). The point I was making with him being brought up is that the two biggest names over the last decade at OSU have been caught cheating, lying, and/or breaking the law. Yet what sanctions have been taken against the school?

And give me one other instance where the two biggest names at a school were caught like this with no sanctions. Your example said the SEC, so here ya go. Two instances of this exact behavior happened this year.

1. SEC player - Suspended immediately having impact on a CURRENT year.
2. OSU players - Suspended starting next year having NO impact on current year.

There have been players all over the country that commit crimes during there tenure. Your specific complaint about me referencing Cam Newton was that the NCAA cleared him. Therefore, my specific complaint about you referencing Clarrett is that the NCAA cleared him. We can talk about Cam’s legal troubles too, if you would like- but that is not this thread.

You are right that I can’t show you what sanctions have taken place in Ohio State football. That is because the NCAA said no infractions happened. You can disagree on whether or not they did (like I disagree with whether the Cam thing happened or not) but based on your criteria for judging fairness to programs then Ohio State football is clean. (Basketball on the otherhand got slapped around pretty hard, vacating a lot of wins, tournaments, and final fours).

I can not counter your point about TP vs Green. You are 100% right that the NCAA screwed the pooch. I agree. You don’t have to convince me. I am on your side. Where I am getting a little feisty is this idea that it is because they were from OSU they got the special treatment. You think that OSU has always received the special treatment and I think this incident has more to do with the NCAA benefiting and less to do with OSU being “special”. You have laid out a case that Clarrett is a prime example of OSU’s special treatment, which, IMO is twisting the facts. I have laid out an example of Cam Newton for the NCAA only looking out for itself, which in your opinion doesn’t count because he was found innocent. We are at an impass. I think that’s where I will leave it then.

I can not counter your point about TP vs Green. You are 100% right that the NCAA screwed the pooch. I agree. You don’t have to convince me. I am on your side. Where I am getting a little feisty is this idea that it is because they were from OSU they got the special treatment. You think that OSU has always received the special treatment and I think this incident has more to do with the NCAA benefiting and less to do with OSU being “special”. You have laid out a case that Clarrett is a prime example of OSU’s special treatment, which, IMO is twisting the facts. I have laid out an example of Cam Newton for the NCAA only looking out for itself, which in your opinion doesn’t count because he was found innocent. We are at an impass. I think that’s where I will leave it then.

But you are comparing Cam Newton's infractions with that of MC. Two different things. One person has admitted the infractions took place and the other (Cam) denies it. Clarrett came "clean". He admitted what took place.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059

We have two examples.

1. SEC - Punished this year for same "crime".
2. Big 10 - Not punished this year for same "crime".

There is no other way to look at it in my opinion. Two identical crimes happened. One, happened in the Big 10 and they were given a pass for the current year. The other happened in the SEC and they were punished for the current year.

But you are comparing Cam Newton's infractions with that of MC. Two different things. One person has admitted the infractions took place and the other (Cam) denies it. Clarrett came "clean". He admitted what took place.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059

We have two examples.

1. SEC - Punished this year for same "crime".
2. Big 10 - Not punished this year for same "crime".

There is no other way to look at it in my opinion. Two identical crimes happened. One, happened in the Big 10 and they were given a pass for the current year. The other happened in the SEC and they were punished for the current year.

1. MC came "clean" after he was kicked off the team and failed his draft bid. While you can not completely discount the story, revenge is a very strong motivator.

2. I am not disagreeing with you about the two situations in any way. You are right, Green OT hosed. I said from the beginning that they should sit.

We just disagree on the motivations behind WHY it happened. You say it's because OSU is always shown favoritism. I think it's because it was what was best for the NCAA at the time. Different strokes for different folks.

WOLFPACK!!!

...yes I am drinking

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Uh oh that powerhouse ECU is on espn right now. We better hope they win or there will be some angry fans tonight haha

this may be the year Ferentz bails. he's being paid too much money and the results just haven't been there.....the natives are getting restless

I am surrounded by die hard Iowa.fans and they all love ferentz.

Michigan st is getting punished.

By an SEC team no less. Imagine if there was decent defense in the SEC it would be even uglier.....hehe

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

By an SEC team no less. Imagine if there was decent defense in the SEC it would be even uglier.....hehe

Huge reversal, they need a td here though.

Wow and cousins fumbles.

If Bama scores on this possession I'm turning it off, I really don't like either team anyway.

Looking forward to the TCU game at 4:30.

Incredible how well Michigan State is handling the mediocre defense out of the SEC. Oops!

*hangs head* Just as I thought.....bad bad bad and even worse coaching. PLEASE read my avatar and come on Michigan AD, DO IT.

Could it be a bowl game record for michigan state? -41 yards rushing? Seriously?

Could it be a bowl game record for michigan state? -41 yards rushing? Seriously?

Its those darn SEC defenses TC. They just dont have it. :act-up:

The state of Michigan is losing to the SEC today 80-14.

Its those darn SEC defenses TC. They just dont have it. :act-up:

The state of Michigan is losing to the SEC today 80-14.

Wtf is jrod? Didn't michigan state share the big 10 title? They suck. If I was an ohio state fan, i'd be super nervous. Arkansas may light them up. Watching this bama game completely proves how physical and athletic sec football is.

Wtf is jrod? Didn't michigan state share the big 10 title? They suck. If I was an ohio state fan, i'd be super nervous. Arkansas may light them up. Watching this bama game completely proves how physical and athletic sec football is.

It's a possibility, their pass d is 10x better than their run d though...so I like our chances . As far as Mich st. I didn't expect much from a team who got trounced by Iowa.

Ps there's no doubt bama is much better than their record indicates.

It's a possibility, their pass d is 10x better than their run d though...so I like our chances . As far as Mich st. I didn't expect much from a team who got trounced by Iowa.

Well, they're still a big 10 powerhouse this year. Dude, they're getting worked like tiger on Sunday at the chevron. Are you watching?

And how about the acc baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back