Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dawg...wow i went 31 years without saying that, oh well. It seems so knee jerk to me I'm surprised nobody was injured. Losing Bill curry last season sucked enough but now this too, at least there is still lindquist on CBS.

I get my posting on the run

What has two thumbs and a job despite saying stuff like that?- Bob Kelso! I thought we'd met!

Wow this pryor interview....this is gonna make me sick.

I dislike TP so much that I am considering going through next year as a pure Bucky fan.
I honestly don't know that I can cheer for the guy anymore- but I am still a fan of tOSU... I am not quite sure what I am going to do.

I dislike TP so much that I am considering going through next year as a pure Bucky fan.
I honestly don't know that I can cheer for the guy anymore- but I am still a fan of tOSU... I am not quite sure what I am going to do.

I hear yah... things work out so strange. 3 of the suspended 5 had massive games last night. I'm ecstatic they won, but it made it alot less sweet.

Then the whole Paul Pierce act...give me a break.

Rex Hoggard with a funny line.

"Congrats to Ohio State for Sugar Bowl win. Suggest the entire team get tattoos of an asterisk to celebrate"

Rex Hoggard with a funny line.

"Congrats to Ohio State for Sugar Bowl win. Suggest the entire team get tattoos of an asterisk to celebrate"

Hehe no doubt.

The worst part is when they kept showing Chekwa breaking his wrist over and over then Einstein says... "Wow that looks worse every time"

Stop showing it then.

We have room for you on the wagon, Gus. Come on back to Cheeseland!

Kevin

EWU Eagles. FCS Champions. :joy:

Yes, they blew the spot in the 4th quarter, blew it even more with the replay and moving the chains etc., but that's football.

Haha. It's 1:16 a.m. here and bored as I am, I just started at the beginning of this thread. That's right, The 2009 season! It's funny to look back at people's predictions in 2009. Well, as good as MY Tide looked (JB says if you paid tuition you can claim ownership) throughout the 2009 championship season, we disappointed this year. But someone saying they were going to turn off the Alabama vs Michigan State bowl game made me laugh.

Up next is the National Championship and I'm going to give you my quick perspective on the situation. When we lost to South Carolina this year, an auburn fan took pictures of the score ON THE TV and made a facebook album dedicated to us losing. Seriously? Yep, we're 36-5 over the past three years so the haters celebrate our loss. A business in town that usually has an auburn logo up, instead, put up the score to our game. See how focused these Auburn chumps are on us? Further more, last year before we played UF in the SEC championship I knew people saying War Gators! Seriously? You're combining your teams chant with another team? How lame! Then routed for Texas against us? Losers! Haha.

As you can see, some Auburn fans make me want them to lose every game they play! But hey, ya gotta have haters or it wouldn't be the rivalry that it is. However, there's doofus fans on both sides, Alabama included. I'm very much an SEC fan and want us to continue our dominance. So, I silently want Auburn to win. It'd be the SEC's 5th straight title. And it speak volumes about our state to have the Heisman winner and National Champ come from the iron bowl two straight years.

So I do hope Auburn wins. But I'm not celebrating or jumping up when they score or any of that nonsense. And if they lose, yes, I might make comments like "that's what happens when you send the red headed stepchild to the big dance." But only to mess with the Auburn fans that annoy me. :D

Good luck Auburn.

The big game is about to be on and no one is on this thread!?!?!? Let's go! Predictions?

I got Auburn 47 Oregon 37

I'd rather see the team that Phil Knight bought win rather than the boosters who bought Cam Newton.....

I hate the SEC, but let me see if I have this right...They won again. I believe that is 5 in a row.

And now all we will here is that it was not fair because of Cam's father. Laughable if you ask me, but typical and expected.

Before this it was Alabama didn't beat anybody. Before that it was Tebow is well too relegious. Before that it was LSU was lucky to get in.

I mean two of those maybe should not have counted because they played OSU. But OSU maybe should not have been there because of the dirty program right?

I am so confused with who is and who is not acceptable to play in games right now.

The SEC just gets better players. Whether they're paid or not, the players are just better. Speed, can't coach it.

My problem is once again we have two undefeated teams in college football. Once again the BCS has failed at what it was supposed to fix. I dont care who is from where and who did what. Maybe TCU isnt as good because theyre not in the SEC and maybe they get destroyed by Auburn but they should still play the game. It should be decided on the field. Its a farce to call Auburn the national champion when you have another undefeated team sitting there right next to them.

Good win for Auburn, was a pretty boring game. Auburns D had the answer t Oregon's gameplan and the O Coord for Oregon just couldn't make the adjustments. I have never seen so many bubble screens, flares, etc. thrown to well covered people in my life. When they tried going vertical it worked well.

Well and their red zone O was atrocious. I came out wanting more. I guess i was hoping for a shootout or something. Grats Auburn its cool to see them win again, I used to love watching Bo Jackson.,

When is the deadline to declare? I'm praying TP is gone.

My Ducks lost last night, but I thought it was a very good game. Our offense just couldn't score against that defense. Fairley is a beast!

Congrats to the Auburn Tigers - they were the better team last night. I'm still proud of my Ducks - despite the turnovers and some bad decisions they still took the National Champions to the very end, tied up the game and lost in the last 2 seconds. They have good reason to hold their heads up high! :thumb:

yeah he will pretty much be a Top 5 pick when he comes out this year.
My Ducks lost last night, but I thought it was a very good game. Our offense just couldn't score against that defense. Fairley is a beast!

Congrats to the Auburn Tigers - they were the better team last night. I'm still proud of my Ducks - despite the turnovers and some bad decisions they still took the National Champions to the very end, tied up the game and lost in the last 2 seconds. They have good reason to hold their heads up high! :thumb:

My problem is once again we have two undefeated teams in college football. Once again the BCS has failed at what it was supposed to fix. I dont care who is from where and who did what. Maybe TCU isnt as good because theyre not in the SEC and maybe they get destroyed by Auburn but they should still play the game. It should be decided on the field. Its a farce to call Auburn the national champion when you have another undefeated team sitting there right next to them.

I hear what you are saying but if Oregon had played Wisconsin and TCU played Auburn in the national Championship game you would be saying the same thing. I do not agree with the system and I would love to see a change.

I hear what you are saying but if Oregon had played Wisconsin and TCU played Auburn in the national Championship game you would be saying the same thing. I do not agree with the system and I would love to see a change.

Why would I be saying the same thing? That makes no sense. I would be saying the same thing if we have two undefeated teams like I always have said. Regardless of where they're from. It's time for a playoff. You can't have two teams finish undefeated with a playoff system in place. But it will never happen.

look i can post like tc from tapatalk

Why would I be saying the same thing? That makes no sense. I would be saying the same thing if we have two undefeated teams like I always have said. Regardless of where they're from. It's time for a playoff. You can't have two teams finish undefeated with a playoff system in place. But it will never happen.

look i can post like tc from tapatalk

because I have a good feeling Oregon would have also beat Wisconsin, leaving them undefeated like TCU. So you would then have an undefeated Auburn and Oregon. Am I missing something?

edit: I agree with you that there should be a playoff though

I think there is far too much emphasis placed on having a perfect season. Yes TCU and Auburn both went indefeated, but who did they play to get there? Looking at their scheduls Auburn played alot better competition than TCU, but they also played Arkansas St. and Louisinan-Monroe. I am not a big follower of college footbal but I think an arguement can be made there are teams out there who finished with 1 or 2 losses who are "better" than TCU but did not remain perfect and suffered for it. I would like to see more of these powehouse schools play each other during the season making it easir to sort things out. I know the schools will never do it, they always want one or two "cupcakes" on their schdule in the beginning of the season to pad their numbers and schedule. Maybe get rid of the cupcake games, get some games like Florida vs USC and Oklahoma vs Alabama during the season and really see who are the best teams.

I said it in another thread, the controversy and on going discussion helps keep and build interest going into the next season. That is what the NCAA wants because that brings in more money next season.

I agree that it probably will not happen. The bowl system is set up to generate revenue, but the wild card no one thinks about is the leagues that now have a championship game. Those are HUGE revenue generators for those leagues and they would be cut from the mix for sure. At my age I will be shocked if a true National Champion is crowned in the BCS division during my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back