Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a forgiving driver that is relatively light and has a low trajectory. My FT-9 is close but tends to balloon. My Titleist 905R has a nice trajectory but would like a bit more forgiveness. Am trying an old Cleveland 400 right now, but it hits a bit high too.

Looking for a forgiving driver that is relatively light and has a low trajectory. My FT-9 is close but tends to balloon. My Titleist 905R has a nice trajectory but would like a bit more forgiveness. Am trying an old Cleveland 400 right now, but it hits a bit high too.

I'm a little biased, but that sounds like the Cleveland Classic driver. Low spin head, relatively low launching, but still lots of forgiveness throughout the face.

Hopefully you find a shaft Chunky, I can't wait to get my Matrix shaft here and hit some low spin bombs. If its not as good as I thought I have some options I can try in the future.

Hopefully you find a shaft Chunky, I can't wait to get my Matrix shaft here and hit some low spin bombs. If its not as good as I thought I have some options I can try in the future.

I'm just being a dope CB. I hope to get on the course today and see what kind of distances I'm getting.

Either new shafts for the JPX Pro's or new irons. I either hit them perfect or struggle so bad, just do not have the consistency I did with my TM's. Just not feeling the Ctapers now, maybe the KBS tours...

Pondering a change of driver shaft looking for mid high launch low spin!! Recommendations?? Was launching my x con at 14 with high 3000 ish spin! Ss average 104 quick tempo

The RBZ is so long you could go with the 5 wood, more back spin means less sidespin which means more fairways and greens!

I got to hit the RBZ 5 wood today and I am sold! Once I got everything dialed in with my swing, the launch monitor had me hitting the 5W about 270 off the deck. I also hit the R11 4 wood but couldn't get used to it and hit it much shorter.

The fitter also had me hit the RBZ Tour driver and it was great. My average distance with that was around 310 and I was fitted into the X-Stiff shaft. So now I am pondering a driver change....:banghead:

I'm a little biased, but that sounds like the Cleveland Classic driver. Low spin head, relatively low launching, but still lots of forgiveness throughout the face.

Thanks for the feedback. I have actually had my eye on the Cleveland Classic since it appeared in the golf magazines. I saw one at the store and I like the way it sets up. I'll find somewhere that I can demo one.

I'm pondering the MASSIVENESS of the Classic's face.

I'm a middle high on the clubface kinda guy and that massive face is just attractive to me.

The J40 gets another shot this week at the bag and if its a no-go perhaps I will swing a Classic in exchange somehow.

Here's a question for my more knowledgeable shaft buddies out there, having just played with a set of blade irons with DG S300 shafts, what is the diference in ball flight I could expect with KBS tours in them?

Jman, I've been teeing the ball way up and that spot on the face is right about where it seems to come alive.

I believe KBS should launch higher, spin a little more, and feel smoother. All other things being equal.

Here's a question for my more knowledgeable shaft buddies out there, having just played with a set of blade irons with DG S300 shafts, what is the diference in ball flight I could expect with KBS tours in them?
Much higher ballflight and spin.

I believe KBS should launch higher, spin a little more, and feel smoother. All other things being equal.

This..

Jman, I've been teeing the ball way up and that spot on the face is right about where it seems to come alive.

This is what I like to hear.

Something whether it be a driver or putter needs to get offed so I can make this happen. I really don't know why though as I'm hitting the G20 longer than anything I have before.....but the thought of a 10.5 with a Miya Black in it just makes me grin.

It appears to be destiny my friend.

I'd go with addiction and having a problem myself. LOL

I may have one for sale soon: 9 degree, stock stiff shaft....

I may have one for sale soon: 9 degree, stock stiff shaft....

Hmmmm, might be a little low on the loft for me, but IF you do feel free to shoot me a PM.

Hey Scotty experts: What does the groove that was machined into this do to the value?

5Gb5E45J13K63mf3Nec4ta99f5067c40710df.jpg

It's for sale for $75 and I might jump on it if I can touch it up a little and get more money out of it. I'm also thinking the stamped JAT decreases value too.

I would say the JAT decreases the value. My question is how much more money do you think you could get out of it?

Hey Scotty experts: What does the groove that was machined into this do to the value?

5Gb5E45J13K63mf3Nec4ta99f5067c40710df.jpg

It's for sale for $75 and I might jump on it if I can touch it up a little and get more money out of it. I'm also thinking the stamped JAT decreases value too.

Not a Scooter expert but it will kill it. Whoever did that is a fool IMO.

Save your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back