Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to pick up an Adams 9064LS on Tuesday it is my Valentine's present from the wife. I hit it against a bunch of others and it is was INSANE! Long and straight no matter how hard I swung at the thing the shaft held up and hit missiles! Now to think about putters! What should be on my radar? Thinking about giving the belly putter a try.

Nice present! Great driver :) have fun!

Taptaptap!

Golf Club Dilemma

Golf Club Dilemma

Well I have a little golf club dilemma that I need your help on. I am getting new irons/hybrids and I am impatient. I like the new Mashie iron hybrid combo set. I think they will be very forgiving and I shoot in the high 80's low 90's so I think they will go good with my game. I saw online today that I can get the burner 2.0 5-pw and 3-4 hybrid for the same price. I went and hit the burners today.

I did not hit them solid every time but only took about 20 swings. I was getting 160 with the 6i which is what I get out of my current clubs. Three out of the last five I hit 172-175. I hit them real solid. So I know that the Mashie's will be more forgiving and that the 2.0's I will need to hit more solid to get good results. Not sure what I should do. I am going to Myrtle beach on the 17th for three days and would love to have the new clubs with me. Here is where I am impatient, the Mashie's come out on the 17th so I would not have them. If I buy the 2.0's I will have them. What should I do? Am I good enough to hit the 2.0's or should I stay with the more forgiving clubs. I am tacking lessons in April if anyone thinks that should play into my decision.

Please Please help me fellow THPers!

Well I have a little golf club dilemma that I need your help on. I am getting new irons/hybrids and I am impatient. I like the new Mashie iron hybrid combo set. I think they will be very forgiving and I shoot in the high 80's low 90's so I think they will go good with my game. I saw online today that I can get the burner 2.0 5-pw and 3-4 hybrid for the same price. I went and hit the burners today.

I did not hit them solid every time but only took about 20 swings. I was getting 160 with the 6i which is what I get out of my current clubs. Three out of the last five I hit 172-175. I hit them real solid. So I know that the Mashie's will be more forgiving and that the 2.0's I will need to hit more solid to get good results. Not sure what I should do. I am going to Myrtle beach on the 17th for three days and would love to have the new clubs with me. Here is where I am impatient, the Mashie's come out on the 17th so I would not have them. If I buy the 2.0's I will have them. What should I do? Am I good enough to hit the 2.0's or should I stay with the more forgiving clubs. I am tacking lessons in April if anyone thinks that should play into my decision.

Please Please help me fellow THPers!

If you're really a 13 handicap I see no reason you couldn't hit the 2.0s. They are a great all around iron, as many have stated throughout this forum.

On another note, I'm so close to OEM'ing the Mashie 3W and 2 Hybrid. I have a gift card to Golfsmith, I'm just a little nervous about ordering from them online. Only reason I'd be doing it is for the 50$ off through tomorrow.

2 sets of irons on my ponder list u guys,this will round out my bag for 2012.Tmade R11 irons or Tmade tour preferred CB,s.any help would be deeply appreciated.i hit both and like both.Toug choice 4 me

Folks, I have to admit I'm a real tightwad. Been pondering a second set of irons, and have been shopping around for deals. Current clubs are Ci7 irons and they rock, but can't find a decent price on them new with a regular steel shaft. I've whittled it down to possibly picking up a new set of Adams A4-R irons. At the shop they feel very similar, and the lofts are close to Ci7s. Best I can find is Carl's Golfland is selling for $149 shipped. Seems like an awesome deal, but I get that "why the heck don't you wait for a 2nd set of Ci7's" angel popping up all the time. I also think that a set of forged irons for $200 will miraculously appear before my eyes.... Anway, what gives with the Adams A4-R irons- why is everyone selling them so cheaply? Am I missing something?

Youre not missing anything... Why is a 2008 car selling so cheaply? just an older model. Nothing wrong with the clubs...
Folks, I have to admit I'm a real tightwad. Been pondering a second set of irons, and have been shopping around for deals. Current clubs are Ci7 irons and they rock, but can't find a decent price on them new with a regular steel shaft. I've whittled it down to possibly picking up a new set of Adams A4-R irons. At the shop they feel very similar, and the lofts are close to Ci7s. Best I can find is Carl's Golfland is selling for $149 shipped. Seems like an awesome deal, but I get that "why the heck don't you wait for a 2nd set of Ci7's" angel popping up all the time. I also think that a set of forged irons for $200 will miraculously appear before my eyes.... Anway, what gives with the Adams A4-R irons- why is everyone selling them so cheaply? Am I missing something?

I am thinking maybe a RBZ 3H.

pondering PX graphite 5.5 iron shafts

Solid ponder Ddec. I have 4-5 different options I think I would be happy w/ in my Morgan Cup irons including these as a graphite option. Will be interesting to see what's available to us.

pondering all things Callaway related....I smell a fitting in my future

Solid ponder Ddec. I have 4-5 different options I think I would be happy w/ in my Morgan Cup irons including these as a graphite option. Will be interesting to see what's available to us.

I hit them outside yesterday and enjoyed them. Now I'm looking for a set for my current irons because I liked them so much.

You're too young for graphite. :beat-up:

I thought you had already settled on these?

I hit them outside yesterday and enjoyed them. Now I'm looking for a set for my current irons because I liked them so much.

How was the ball flight compared to some other shafts you have hit recently?

Lol. You know I'm looking at the Nippon Modus 3 shafts because they look awesome. No joke, I want to hit these in a bad way. Nippon shafts feel wonderful.

settled for MC yes, but now I'm thinking up throwing them in to something else.

Lol. You know I'm looking at the Nippon Modus 3 shafts because they look awesome. No joke, I want to hit these in a bad way. Nippon shafts feel wonderful.

I've been researching the crap out of Nippon. I like the idea of the Modus but am leaning towards the 1050 NS series.

How was the ball flight compared to some other shafts you have hit recently?

it was higher, although not crazy high. I don't hit a high ball so that flight works for me.

yeah they do. I've pondered some Nippon shafts too. The Modus looks interesting that's for sure

They're just an older set I reckon. Have you tried reshafting what you have? I'm a tad confused because I see that you have R Flex Ci7's already.

I've been researching the crap out of Nippon. I like the idea of the Modus but am leaning towards the 1050 NS series.

I have 1050's and they are my back up just in case something goes haywire with the 5.0's (ie, wrists or elbows). You like the weight of the 1050's?

it was higher, although not crazy high. I don't hit a high ball so that flight works for me.

yeah they do. I've pondered some Nippon shafts too. The Modus looks interesting that's for sure

They really do. After watching the pro's yesterday, my ballflight does not seem high at all. If it's good enough for them, its good enough for me haha.

Not a fan of the visor, personally, as I'd look horrible in one. But, one can rock them and rock them well.

I am pondering getting my first Cleveland hat. Just not sure which one.

They really do. After watching the pro's yesterday, my ballflight does not seem high at all. If it's good enough for them, its good enough for me haha.

so true!

it really made me rethink the, "I hit my ball too high". TC had mentioned this to me before that I didn't so I kinda left it alone. Then watching the pro's hit, it really sank in. We think it's too high at times when it's not haha. Plus they're just different animals. Well Ricky Barnes and LaDeat at least. DJ looked very human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back