Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that part is true too. Though the DG s300 in the Razr X still gave me a mid-high flight which was good for me. More because of the design of the head than the shaft. The S300 in the MC's gave me a much lower trajectory.

Makes complete sense Deano. That's where I'm counting on the higher launch of the J40 DPC's.

oh and another ponder...G20 driver. Man I wish I was made of money

Really? I wasn't a fan. What are you digging aboot it?

Really? I wasn't a fan. What are you digging aboot it?

Hunter Mahan plays it haha
In all honesty, I've only taken a few swings with it. I think it's my inner ping-homerness coming out again

Hunter Mahan plays it haha
In all honesty, I've only taken a few swings with it. I think it's my inner ping-homerness coming out again

Lol. He at least cut his hair. That's a good reason to at least ponder dude. It's a great looking driver. Just worked like turd for me. Felt worse too.

I agree the G20 is a great ponder. I wish I could cut mine down a bit but Im afraid it would throw the whole thing off a bit.

Do it! Just get a jumbo maxx grip to offset the weight.

Lol. He at least cut his hair. That's a good reason to at least ponder dude. It's a great looking driver. Just worked like turd for me. Felt worse too.

Do it! Just get a jumbo maxx grip to offset the weight.

No way dude. Hunter and Bubba would not approve.

Kmac how would you compare the G20 to the SuperTri?

Very different IMO. Mainly in the weight area. The G20 is a heavy driver that they counter balanced to make it not feel so heavy. But its very head heavy which is probably what gives it that shot gun sound. Where the SuperTri is not that heavy at all. At least they feel vastly different to me. I also have my ST cut down to 44" so that probably plays a role in it too. I think distance would go to the G20. When Ive hit that driver solid its just goes and sounds awesome. Its why Im reluctant to get rid of it. Hoarding? haha

G20 blows, now the i20 on the other hand is a sweet ponder. I'm pondering the Nippon 990 stiff flex iron shafts but I can't find a lot of info about them anywhere.

G20 blows, now the i20 on the other hand is a sweet ponder. I'm pondering the Nippon 990 stiff flex iron shafts but I can't find a lot of info about them anywhere.

The 990? Why that one over say the 950's?

The 990? Why that one over say the 950's?
Cause they are the only Nippon shafts on the Callaway custom shafts. I love the 950's but they don't seem to be an option and I want to go to a lighter iron shaft.

Cause they are the only Nippon shafts on the Callaway custom shafts. I love the 950's but they don't seem to be an option and I want to go to a lighter iron shaft.

BOOM! In my face! haha makes total sense and Im not used to Canadians making so much sense like that...:bulgy-eyes:

BOOM! In my face! haha makes total sense and Im not used to Canadians making so much sense like that...:bulgy-eyes:
LOL, we are an unrational bunch. I really wish they had more custom shafts on their website btw. They have a bazzilion graphite shafts, and like 5 iron shafts.

really?! And I thought you were supposed to be some excellent club reviewer haha

I'm concise. I never really take a good look at Ping drivers and I dont know why. I like the looks of the I20 this year. Have read it is not open also which is a plus

LOL, we are an unrational bunch. I really wish they had more custom shafts on their website btw. They have a bazzilion graphite shafts, and like 5 iron shafts.

Sounds like nothing has changed on their website.

I'm concise. I never really take a good look at Ping drivers and I dont know why. I like the looks of the I20 this year. Have read it is not open also which is a plus

Wtc? Youre a Ping homer but ignore the drivers? The G20 smirks down at you.

I thought the g10 was a pretty good stick back in the day. The i20 looks a lot better than the g20, but the g20 looks like you can just swing like crazy at it and still get a good result

Sounds like nothing has changed on their website.

Wtc? Youre a Ping homer but ignore the drivers? The G20 smirks down at you.

I know right? I will give the I20 a looksie. The G20 is for shovel bros dude. You need to man up and get the I20 with an XStiff shaft

It seems like every time I come in here somebody is talking about Ping. I want the new i20 line. Very much. Hawkpondering at its finest. That is all.

I know right? I will give the I20 a looksie. The G20 is for shovel bros dude. You need to man up and get the I20 with an XStiff shaft

If bubba plays a g20, there's no need to play anything else haha

do it, you'll like it

I agree the G20 is a great ponder. I wish I could cut mine down a bit but Im afraid it would throw the whole thing off a bit.

there's one in PA waiting for some ddec love.....

oh and another ponder...G20 driver. Man I wish I was made of money

with the right shaft I think this would stay in your bag....for at least 2 months anyway lol

Very different IMO. Mainly in the weight area. The G20 is a heavy driver that they counter balanced to make it not feel so heavy. But its very head heavy which is probably what gives it that shot gun sound. Where the SuperTri is not that heavy at all. At least they feel vastly different to me. I also have my ST cut down to 44" so that probably plays a role in it too. I think distance would go to the G20. When Ive hit that driver solid its just goes and sounds awesome. Its why Im reluctant to get rid of it. Hoarding? haha

there's one in PA waiting for some ddec love.....
with the right shaft I think this would stay in your bag....for at least 2 months anyway lol

pondering another weekend trip down to PA/NJ/DE haha

pondering another weekend trip down to PA/NJ/DE haha

There's another frostbite open coming up soon. We can put another team together.

Beast mode from tapatalk

There's another frostbite open coming up soon. We can put another team together.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Where is it? I may or may not be interested. Sounds fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back