Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it? I may or may not be interested. Sounds fun.

It's at Rock Manor in Wilmington DE. It's sometime this month not sure of the exact date though.

Beast mode from tapatalk

So the itch has officially come back... been looking at a few new sets/drivers I would like. Haven't had much success with my R11, ive heard the new Titleist drivers fantastic, wondering if anyone has recommendations for these drivers or the PING G20 irons?

It's at Rock Manor in Wilmington DE. It's sometime this month not sure of the exact date though.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Thanks. I probably won't come down, but if I see more info on it that may change.

Thanks. I probably won't come down, but if I see more info on it that may change.

So you hawkpondered playing in it? lol

Beast mode from tapatalk

So you hawkpondered playing in it? lol

Beast mode from tapatalk

Basically. I was hoping it would be closer. That's like 5 hrs from me. Lol.

boxed lunches? funk that hehehe

There's another frostbite open coming up soon. We can put another team together.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Pondering if my J40 and RBZ have left Blind9 yet!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by AndyAlso
Folks, I have to admit I'm a real tightwad. Been pondering a second set of irons, and have been shopping around for deals. Current clubs are Ci7 irons and they rock, but can't find a decent price on them new with a regular steel shaft. I've whittled it down to possibly picking up a new set of Adams A4-R irons. At the shop they feel very similar, and the lofts are close to Ci7s. Best I can find is Carl's Golfland is selling for $149 shipped. Seems like an awesome deal, but I get that "why the heck don't you wait for a 2nd set of Ci7's" angel popping up all the time. I also think that a set of forged irons for $200 will miraculously appear before my eyes.... Anway, what gives with the Adams A4-R irons- why is everyone selling them so cheaply? Am I missing something?

They're just an older set I reckon. Have you tried reshafting what you have? I'm a tad confused because I see that you have R Flex Ci7's already.

Thanks to Thainer, Yoccu and others for replying. I'm pondering the second set for travel purposes (my wife is Japanese, and I live there for around 5 weeks every summer to help the family out), wanted to buy something decent & new. I'm not concerned about 2008 vs. 2012 technology, and yes I'm very happy with the Ci7's and the TX105 r flex shafts. Thanks again for the feedback on the A4-R's!

Golf Galaxy is a bad place!!!
Since I saw the 588 wedges there I've been itching to burn almost 400 bux on them... They look so damn good!

Man I wish I could make this Deleware outing

I am pondering a box of Bridgestone B330 RX and a box of B330 RXS. I need to make sure I am gaming the best ball for me for TMC

I am pondering a box of Bridgestone B330 RX and a box of B330 RXS. I need to make sure I am gaming the best ball for me for TMC

I think that's a solid ponder One-T. Be sure to wait and get the new models.

Dual dimple technology FTW

I think that's a solid ponder One-T. Be sure to wait and get the new models.

thats the plan, they talked inthe videos about how good they are in wind. This is a test I cant wait to try out.

Guess my pondering is done for now. Manned up and bought the Mashie 3W and hybrid. Gonna go driverless for a bit while my swing is a work in progress. Next driver I get will probably have to be cut down.

Here we go again with the pondering. Found a chest height Heavy B3-M used for $90 was using it on the indoor green. I have never hit a putter so well was hitting 10ft putts and making 75% of the putts and the other were so close. This thing just seems too good to be true. I have been looking at belly putters, but never considered a chest putter. What is everyone's thoughts? Also driver wise what is the difference between the Alpha and Gamma RIP shafts? Is gamma a bit higher launching but still low spin?

Not feeling well right now but I'm in big time ponder mode of the new PXi shaft. I think I'm about to make it rain

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Also driver wise what is the difference between the Alpha and Gamma RIP shafts? Is gamma a bit higher launching but still low spin?

Gamma is the RIP alpha that's modified for high COR drivers. My experience says it's launches a touch higher then the Alpha but not enough to make a difference. For me the change between them was mostly the feel at impact and swing weight.

I'd say that's a pretty good ponder CL. Those PXi shafts sound rather awesome

They do, don't they

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

They do, don't they

I'm not always on the lower weight band wagon but that's about the only complaint I had around the blue PX's. Drop 10-15% of the weight to allow for a slightly smoother swing and I really think they could have a big winner.

I also hope someone jumps on these as their stock offering and goes the real deal like Bstone with the PX Blues in a players driver. Mmmmmm, gorgeous combo.

I agree, the PXi's sound great! I would love to try these out! I just wish they were a little less expensive! $40 a shaft is pretty steep!

Beast mode from tapatalk

I'm down!! We need to redeem our even par

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back