Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the only Scott that I have ever remotely liked.

I always liked the Laguna 2 SS.

My problem is with the scooter cultists and their "must drink the koolaid" mentality.

Oh I know, besides Byron was doing the Da Kine before the GoLo.

I will say, I'd like to roll a CS GoLo just because.

I rolled a GOLO s today at the golf store. That thing feels as good as everyone says.

I rolled a GOLO s today at the golf store. That thing feels as good as everyone says.

Feel with putters is a crazy subjective thing though. Me, I still stand by feel with a putter being a direct correlation with the sound more than what most would consider "feeling" something.

I'm just proud of Scooty for something quasi original and not butt ugly (like the detour) and look forward to trying it for myself!

Feel with putters is a crazy subjective thing though. Me, I still stand by feel with a putter being a direct correlation with the sound more than what most would consider "feeling" something.

I'm just proud of Scooty for something quasi original and not butt ugly (like the detour) and look forward to trying it for myself!

You're going to try a Scotty? Make sure you tell us where you are so when the locusts come we can steer clear..haha

You're going to try a Scotty? Make sure you tell us where you are so when the locusts come we can steer clear..haha

I've rolled pretty much every style sooty has released, its the only way you can know how you feel about them, one shouldn't knock it if they haven't tried it. I simply don't care for 95% of them, or what the man himself stands for as far as how he operates....or the cult that follows.

I've rolled pretty much every style sooty has released, its the only way you can know how you feel about them, one shouldn't knock it if they haven't tried it. I simply don't care for 95% of them, or what the man himself stands for as far as how he operates....or the cult that follows.

I think, for me at least, its more the highlighted portion. It's hard to find LH Scotty's but the GS by me had about 5 or 6 including the GOLO and they just didnt do anything for me. I liked the feel of my current putter better to be honest.

I have nothing against Scotty's, I just don't care to pay that much for a putter that doesn't separate itself from the pack for me.

I have rolled plenty of them, but never found one to perform so well that I could justify the price tag

Cookie don't know if you're serious but... I know they're not as sexy as some of the new clubs, but I don't have anything bad to say about the CG16s. Very forgiving, high launching, and they still look good after two seasons. Don't look too shovel-y at address either, at least not as bad as the Nike SGIs I gamed prior. Price is right these days too. Just a thought, since they'd be your second set.

Thanks for that Jon, I appreciate it! Definitely going to keep my eyes open if a steal of a deal came along. Always fun to tinker. :D

I'm sort of tempted to ask my parents to ship up my R9 AW to replace the 50* CG15 that had earlier replaced it. I'm not liking the CG15 much anymore. I'm struggling with it on full swings a lot. I want something with a straighter leading edge I think (like my Vokey), so the R9 should suffice if I recall.

New driver has been on the mind for a few weeks. Went in today with two on my mind: Classic and AMP. Was wanting the Classic but also hear great things about the AMP. It wasn't even close. 11.5* AMP with the stiff shaft was probably the best looking ball flight I've ever seen from myself.

I was hitting the Classic with the Kusala Black which is too low for me... I'd consider blind ordering it with the Silver or White because I'm very confident they would be giving drastically better results, but just the element of blind ordering scares me away... So, the golf money envelope is empty (MX and Mashies...) but it shall soon be full of money for an AMP.

Try the C. Kua dude. It's an underrated shaft IMO because the Kusala line is available too. I hit the Black too low as well but liked the 43S a lot and want to get one with a 43X. How'd you like the Classic head? It was my favorite driver head I'd ever hit. I found the sweet spot with it more than any other driver I'd tried by a long shot.

Try the C. Kua dude. It's an underrated shaft IMO because the Kusala line is available too. I hit the Black too low as well but liked the 43S a lot and want to get one with a 43X. How'd you like the Classic head? It was my favorite driver head I'd ever hit. I found the sweet spot with it more than any other driver I'd tried by a long shot.

I really like the Classic head. I currently own a C.Kua shaft... not a big fan of it honestly. It's just too light for me.

I really like the Classic head. I currently own a C.Kua shaft... not a big fan of it honestly. It's just too light for me.

Gotcha. I'm usually not a huge fan of light shafts either, but from what I was seeing with the 43S, I have to imagine it's good for me.

Pondering i20's or j40's. For no real reason other than being a club ho!

R11 Driver. Had never put one in play until tonight, and I liked it. I think I want one just to tinker around with, but need to keep my eye out for one on the cheap.

R11 Driver. Had never put one in play until tonight, and I liked it. I think I want one just to tinker around with, but need to keep my eye out for one on the cheap.

I would think that the R11 driver would be a good bit different than the Cleveland Black driver. What shaft did you have in it?

is the r11 a low spin head? sorry for the nube ?

I would think that the R11 driver would be a good bit different than the Cleveland Black driver. What shaft did you have in it?
It is completely different. Black is a high spin head, and light. With the Black, I play a fade, aiming down the left of the fairway and bringing it back across. The R11 had the Blur in it, and I was going straight down the fairway with it. I saw almost no movement with it. Adjusting my setup and alignment, I was able to play the shot I wanted (small fade), but it just felt nice.

Could be one of those things though, ya know? Something new to me, had a nice honeymoon with it...
is the r11 a low spin head? sorry for the nube ?
Yes, it is.

I got you covered, are you looking for the stock shaft or just the head?

Also, Ary, I usually struggle with a low ball, and the R11 was a 10.5, with it set to the lowest loft setting on the hosel adjustment. I was seeing a nice mid/high ball flight out of it. Kind of took me by surprise.

I got you covered, are you looking for the stock shaft or just the head?

Jump on it!

This has to be one of my favorite drivers. Preferred the smaller head and feel over the R11s. Stock with the blur shaft was right up the alley for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back