Handicap
RCGA 8.9
I'm pondering scors hard.

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Interesting dude, I thought they were like a Vokey with a bobble sole. Not really too awesome IMO.
I loved them, the one time I got to use them. I love my existing wedges in the short game, but they are hit and miss for full swings. It might just be that they are the wrong lie angle for me. I might just have them bent and then go from there.

ATV's maybe? I don't know.

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Get the lies checked on your range before next rd
I loved them, the one time I got to use them. I love my existing wedges in the short game, but they are hit and miss for full swings. It might just be that they are the wrong lie angle for me. I might just have them bent and then go from there.

ATV's maybe? I don't know.

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Get the lies checked on your range before next rd
Oh I already know they are off by 2 degrees, I've just been dealing with it.

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Thats a brutal feeling dude
Ya, they are 1* flat, and I'm 1* up in all my clubs. I suppose I should just go get them bent asap. Its costing me strokes.

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Ya, they are 1* flat, and I'm 1* up in all my clubs. I suppose I should just go get them bent asap. Its costing me strokes.

Knowing that your equipment is wrong for you blows. Theres no chance ever for you to hit a shot as planned. You have to account for a miss perfectly and that sucks.

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Knowing that your equipment is wrong for you blows. Theres no chance ever for you to hit a shot as planned. You have to account for a miss perfectly and that sucks.
This has been a good talk, I'm getting them bent tomorrow.

Renren89

Reaction score
Handicap
I've never hit a fairway wood as good as I have the 909 fairway woods.
I'm glad I got another one (the one I had before had a too stiff shaft)

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
If I were you Id go 2* up. Wedges are often more upright than irons and you might need a little more if youre on the straddle line.
So, 3* up from where they are now? Thats pretty big, but I think its necessary. Thanks man, I'm going to get it done tomorrow for sure.

pmoa

Always Ponderin'
Reaction score
Handicap
5w is back on ponder mode. I crush my 3w off the tee, but cant hit it off the deck, but my Ping 5w is so easy to hit off the deck. Am I crazy to have both in the bag just for that purpose?

Barberakb

USAF / Go Cowboys!
Reaction score
Handicap
Not if it works for you

Edward

Reaction score
Handicap
Been playing with the same fairway wood now for about five years and I feel it's time to upgrade, I hit it well when keeping my swing tempo nice and easy but as soon as I start to push it, the shaft feels whippy and I spray it all over the place. So in my search for a new mw3 I need your suggestions on what mw you think will fit me. I'm looking for a sleek looking head which sets up nice behind the ball even off the deck. I prefer a square to open club head to prevent my hook. The contenders so far are Callaway Razr X Black and Mizuno MP-650, that being said without been to a physical store and actually looked at them. I'm planning to visit a store this weekend and have a closer look but throw your recommendations at me so I don't overlook some alternatives without actually hitting them first.

Also there's some nice deals on the TM Burner SF 2.0 TP driver out there which are tempting, any thoughts on that club?

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
5w is back on ponder mode. I crush my 3w off the tee, but cant hit it off the deck, but my Ping 5w is so easy to hit off the deck. Am I crazy to have both in the bag just for that purpose?
Not necessarily. I think amateurs would benefit more from an extra wedge but a lot of pro's carry a 3 and 5 wood.

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I'll get the 45 and 49 out to you hopefully Monday dude, Tuesday at the latest.
Awesome, thanks JFedExMan. Look forward to giving them a nice workout and hopefully having a better idea of how they work for me.

pmoa

Always Ponderin'
Reaction score
Handicap
Not necessarily. I think amateurs would benefit more from an extra wedge but a lot of pro's carry a 3 and 5 wood.
I have 4 wedges now, and I suppose I only lose a couple of strokes when I top my three wood a couple of times off the deck. Would I hit more 58* wedges than a 5 wood?

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
I have 4 wedges now, and I suppose I only lose a couple of strokes when I top my three wood a couple of times off the deck. Would I hit more 58* wedges than a 5 wood?
Four including your PW? I wasn't counting that. Most pw are more like 9 irons these days.

FrankA

Catch ya on the flip side
Reaction score
My 5 wood is my favorite club in the bag. I would much rather have it and a 50/56 or 52/58 combo than an extra wedge.

pmoa

Always Ponderin'
Reaction score
Handicap
Four including your PW? I wasn't counting that. Most pw are more like 9 irons these days.
Yeah you're right. I have a pw, 50*, 54*, 58*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in