Not open for further replies.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
My 5 wood is my favorite club in the bag. I would much rather have it and a 50/56 or 52/58 combo than an extra wedge.
You've got an interesting setup Frank.. The M5 at 18 and the RBZ 3h at 19? How often to you switch between the two?

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
This was my thinking in putting a 5w back in my bag....although my combo is prob going to be along the lines of a 49/53

My 5 wood is my favorite club in the bag. I would much rather have it and a 50/56 or 52/58 combo than an extra wedge.

JonD

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm considering doing this to get my 4I back in the bag as it is right in the wheelhouse distance for some of the longer par 3s that I play. I wish Bridgestone made a 50˚ J40. I don't like bending wedges too much for some reason.

FrankA

Catch ya on the flip side
Reaction score
You've got an interesting setup Frank.. The M5 at 18 and the RBZ 3h at 19? How often to you switch between the two?
Honestly I've been leaning on the 5 wood a bit more and really want the 7 wood to ditch the 3 hybo. I could probably just choke down on that, get rid of the 4 and add a 60* wedge if I wanted.

Who knows.

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
I pondered an Oakley belt until I saw the price tag

JF

Reaction score
selling my supertri tonight. someone needs to convince me one way or the other AMP or Classic to prevent me from flipping a coin.

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Two very different drivers. 3 including the supertri. Surprised you dont go the logical route and hit htem and compare numbers.
selling my supertri tonight. someone needs to convince me one way or the other AMP or Classic to prevent me from flipping a coin.

Spahrticus

A good walk complicated
Reaction score
Handicap
~10
I play the Classic myself. I think it's a fantastic club, performs well, and is drop-dead gorgeous. The AMP I've only swung indoors against a net, but the looks alone would keep me from ever playing it. I am not talking about the color or the graphics on the sole. I mean the overall head shape and the view from address. The thing looks way too huge, and swinging it felt like the tail of the club wanted to scuff the ground right before impact every time. It was just incredibly awkward to me.

I say you should get whichever one you hit best. And FYI there was a pretty sweet DOD posted for lightly used Classics with Kusala shafts.

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
Two very different drivers. 3 including the supertri. Surprised you dont go the logical route and hit htem and compare numbers.
I believe he hit both and got good numbers from each and liked them both.

I say get the AMP because Cobra is in the Morgan Cup this year.

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
I believe he hit both and got good numbers from each and liked them both.

I say get the AMP because Cobra is in the Morgan Cup this year.
good and bad reason to get an amp. i've heard lots of good things, but i've also heard lots of bad things about the amp. including the color (lol)

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Im with Thainer, here. Two completely different drivers. In my experience with the two, I preferred the Amp. Also, it's adjustable and you can tinker with it a bit more if that's what you like to do.

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
I enjoyed hitting the Amp a lot a few days ago. It's pretty cheap also. I say get that

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
I have some trade bait loaded up in the Truck for my afternoon trip to Golfsmith. Could be an interesting afternoon.

I have some trade bait as well. Not sure what I am looking to get though

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I have some trade bait loaded up in the Truck for my afternoon trip to Golfsmith. Could be an interesting afternoon.
Scotty Cameron time?

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I dont have that much trade bait. Plus, I am rolling the #7 well right now.
You must be pondering something. Spill the beans dude.

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
I can see a Golo and/or some TW 13 in white for me

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I can see a Golo and/or some TW 13 in white for me
Not sure if the clearance is still going on at GG on shoes but they had some ridiculous deals. Picked up Powerband 4.0's for $39.99.

jacob1

Needs more cow bell
Reaction score
Handicap
good and bad reason to get an amp. i've heard lots of good things, but i've also heard lots of bad things about the amp. including the color (lol)
If it goes straight down the fairway I wouldn't care if it was purple.. I think you can open and close the face on the amp as well. I need to go hit one!

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
It is but my gargantuan feet couldn't fit into any of the small sizes let on the shelf

Not sure if the clearance is still going on at GG on shoes but they had some ridiculous deals. Picked up Powerband 4.0's for $39.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in