Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You like that club more than the Razr Fit?

I spent a lot more time with it than the Fit so it's not a great comparison for me. I've never been one to tee the ball up high until I had to this year with the J40. But that driver just worked for me. I could tee it at my comfortable height and it had great heel/toe forgiveness. I'm just perusing to see if I can find one on the cheap. I still have my MC one, with a different shaft in it and it just isn't right. Those older callaway heads are a pain in the rear to reshaft.

This morning I found myself checking eBay for a Razr Hawk driver. I know it's an older model, but the most comfortable and consistent I have ever been off the tee is with that club. Since I broke the shaft in mine I have yet to find one that just feels right again.

I can understand that ponder...I still have nightmares of you smashing that thing down the middle all day long.

I always come back to a ponder for an Aldila NVS shaft which I hit well like 7-8 years ago. I'm finally getting one with a Razr Fit tip to play around with this winter.

I spent a lot more time with it than the Fit so it's not a great comparison for me. I've never been one to tee the ball up high until I had to this year with the J40. But that driver just worked for me. I could tee it at my comfortable height and it had great heel/toe forgiveness. I'm just perusing to see if I can find one on the cheap. I still have my MC one, with a different shaft in it and it just isn't right. Those older callaway heads are a pain in the rear to reshaft.

Don't know what combo you're looking for, but there's some decent deals out there. Good luck!

I'm pondering picking up a Mashie FW wood for CHEAP from budget. They have an Xstiff in all flexes. I'm jumping back and forth between the 18* 5w and the 15.5 3 wood. I've never played a 5wood before, and it would virtually replace my V3 3 hybrid, but the 15.5 would actually slot between my 13* 3 wood and my hybrid, and I am only carrying 13 clubs right now.

Or maybe I should be smart and just wait for my MC clubs.

I'm pondering picking up a Mashie FW wood for CHEAP from budget. They have an Xstiff in all flexes. I'm jumping back and forth between the 18* 5w and the 15.5 3 wood. I've never played a 5wood before, and it would virtually replace my V3 3 hybrid, but the 15.5 would actually slot between my 13* 3 wood and my hybrid, and I am only carrying 13 clubs right now.

Or maybe I should be smart and just wait for my MC clubs.
Or ask your Captain if he has an extra 3W or 5W he could let you play around with for a bit.

Maybe his captain will be in Sarasota playing on the 29th...Cmon Wake...Sick Days....:D

Maybe his captain will be in Sarasota playing on the 29th...Cmon Wake...Sick Days....:D

I'm working on it, My mom's birthday is Friday, I'm trying to leverage that into both days off. We'll see if I can pull it off.

I'm working on it, My mom's birthday is Friday, I'm trying to leverage that into both days off. We'll see if I can pull it off.

that would be awesome, almost half of team albatross!

Odyssey center shafted MX's still. I cannot get it out of my head!!!!!!!!

Or 1/3. But, I get what you are saying.

dont ever challenge my math skills! almost 1/2

and today ive pondered a J40 hybrid and some new Nike golf shoes

You would....

Hehe

(I'll actually have a center shafted one some day. Yes, that sound was hell freezing over solid, but its the first Scotty I've liked)

You would....

Hehe

(I'll actually have a center shafted one some day. Yes, that sound was hell freezing over solid, but its the first Scotty I've liked)
I cant tell you how long I have looked for a C/S GoLo. Just so damn expensive.

I cant tell you how long I have looked for a C/S GoLo. Just so damn expensive.
Yep, I have a hard time paying that much for a putter when I could get a true custom.

I will say though, the mid's are much more easily found and I've considered just cutting one of those down.

Thinkin' about adding a hybrid or two to my bag. Don't really want to spend a fortune. I'm a short hitter so hopefully hybrids would give something easy to hit between my 5 iron and 5 wood. What do you guys think as far as a good "under a hundred bucks" hybrid? Thanks, David

Thinkin' about adding a hybrid or two to my bag. Don't really want to spend a fortune. I'm a short hitter so hopefully hybrids would give something easy to hit between my 5 iron and 5 wood. What do you guys think as far as a good "under a hundred bucks" hybrid? Thanks, David

check out the Cleveland Mashies. They can be had pretty cheap right now and many here love them

Thanks Texas, any particular version to stay away from or go for?

The Mashie+ has less offset, so if you have a problem hooking the ball I would go with the +.

The regular Mashie (2011 version) has a bit more offset to help those who struggle with a slice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back