Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Paul Casey is playing the Modus 3 shafts.... This makes my decision even more difficult.

You take that back! Dude, Imma get these in my irons now. Then just crush your team at the MC. lol.

yup, I'm officially scared now haha

My golfworks catalog came in the mail on Saturday and I spent hours combing through that thing looking at new shafts, grips, and tools. The Nippon shafts were heavily looked at.

yup, I'm officially scared now haha

My golfworks catalog came in the mail on Saturday and I spent hours combing through that thing looking at new shafts, grips, and tools. The Nippon shafts were heavily looked at.

Lol I'm going to hit low bullets so I have to run everything onto the greens. No carry allowed! The Nippon shafts feel great. You see anything else that has you pondering?

Lol I'm going to hit low bullets so I have to run everything onto the greens. No carry allowed! The Nippon shafts feel great. You see anything else that has you pondering?

the more I read and see about the VTS the more I ponder. Also the Attas 3(though way out of my range).

I hit the RBZ tour driver, the R11s and the new Nike driver. My favorite was the R11s.

I also hit the RBZ 3 wood, but didn't get to compare it to my 3 wood, so I don't know if it was better or not. I liked it though.

the more I read and see about the VTS the more I ponder. Also the Attas 3(though way out of my range).

The Attas 3 is very interesting. They had me at Yellow... Get it, like hello?

I hit the RBZ tour driver, the R11s and the new Nike driver. My favorite was the R11s.

I also hit the RBZ 3 wood, but didn't get to compare it to my 3 wood, so I don't know if it was better or not. I liked it though.

Nice man! What did you think of the Nike Driver?

Folks, I have to admit I'm a real tightwad. Been pondering a second set of irons, and have been shopping around for deals. Current clubs are Ci7 irons and they rock, but can't find a decent price on them new with a regular steel shaft. I've whittled it down to possibly picking up a new set of Adams A4-R irons. At the shop they feel very similar, and the lofts are close to Ci7s. Best I can find is Carl's Golfland is selling for $149 shipped. Seems like an awesome deal, but I get that "why the heck don't you wait for a 2nd set of Ci7's" angel popping up all the time. I also think that a set of forged irons for $200 will miraculously appear before my eyes.... Anway, what gives with the Adams A4-R irons- why is everyone selling them so cheaply? Am I missing something?

I never hit the A4-R's on a monitor or outside, but they feel great. You're probably getting a lot of bang for your buck with those!

Why RBZ Tour and not the regular RBZ? What did you prefer about the R11s?

Less weight = Nippon Ponder it

950 GH is on the list. I think that's what was in the Nikes I played in FL and really liked.

So Paul Casey is playing the Modus 3 shafts.... This makes my decision even more difficult.

Modus 3 is very low launch and spin. Why are you guys(especially Dean) pondering these bad boys?

Modus 3 is very low launch and spin. Why are you guys(especially Dean) pondering these bad boys?

they look nice...haha
The Modus 3 will not be the right shaft for me, I can promise you that

A lot of what I have read puts these still higher than the DG's as far as launch. I just thought they looked really cool and I love me some Nippon shafts. But unless I hit them and they gave me better numbers than the 5.0's, I wouldn't put them in. Even if Paul Casey thinks its a good idea. The only shaft I'd go blind in is the Attas T3 and possibly the PXi shafts.

950 GH is on the list. I think that's what was in the Nikes I played in FL and really liked.

I think that is a very wise ponder.

Excellent question chunky. I was wondering the same thing

they look nice...haha
The Modus 3 will not be the right shaft for me, I can promise you that

But you've always played DG S300's Deano. The Modus wont be as low launching and not feel so DG like haha.

Nice man! What did you think of the Nike Driver?

Not my cup of tea really. I just didn't feel it like I did with the RBZ and R11s, but that might be because it was taped the crap up.

Why RBZ Tour and not the regular RBZ? What did you prefer about the R11s?

The tour was just what I grabbed. I should have taken a few swings with the regular, but I didn't want to take up a lot of time as others were waiting. I liked the feel off the face a little better with the s. This is with a very limited time with them and no adjustments. I hit both pretty consistently considering I was not warm or anything.

But you've always played DG S300's Deano. The Modus wont be as low launching and not feel so DG like haha.

that part is true too. Though the DG s300 in the Razr X still gave me a mid-high flight which was good for me. More because of the design of the head than the shaft. The S300 in the MC's gave me a much lower trajectory.

oh and another ponder...G20 driver. Man I wish I was made of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back