Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FJ greenjoys. Always try on "better" shoes but always come back to these. Look fine and super comfortable.

You still need the 50 right? Are you going to keep hunting for an R9 50?

Tapatalking from my iPhone

yeah, the guy selling one used for the new price on ebay is close to my folks, so hoping he will cut me a deal and meet him this weekend...will just need it bent upright and I'll be good to go

Done pondering new irons, decided on G20's but don't know what I should go with... 5-SW, 4-GW?

FJ greenjoys. Always try on "better" shoes but always come back to these. Look fine and super comfortable.

I cant say Ive ever bought a pair of FJ's or maybe I just one and never again. For me theyre ugly and theres just so many other options now days.

Older dudes = FJ, no offence.

Done pondering new irons, decided on G20's but don't know what I should go with... 5-SW, 4-GW?

Id go 5-GW. Way easier to hit hybrids then the 4 iron right now and the GW is always a nice match to the set. Perfect gap.

I cant say Ive ever bought a pair of FJ's or maybe I just one and never again. For me theyre ugly and theres just so many other options now days.

The FJ Contour Casual are pretty damn comfortable. At least they were when I had them on in the store.
2011_us_54284

I would rock a pair of FJ streets if they'd not use replaceable spikes. I have those on my other golf shoes. I think they are coming out with a version of their streets with knubs though.

I would rock a pair of FJ streets if they'd not use replaceable spikes. I have those on my other golf shoes. I think they are coming out with a version of their streets with knubs though.

I agree with you on last years streets. You can find them for pretty good prices these days

Id go 5-GW. Way easier to hit hybrids then the 4 iron right now and the GW is always a nice match to the set. Perfect gap.
Thanks! Now to ponder a good hybrid...

On the FJ's. I love my pair of FJ sports in all black. So comfortable, and they are all black, so there's that.

Comfort is priority 1 for me. Pretty picky about my shoes. I'm like a chick when I shoe shop. Wear my wife out and she's a shoe pro. And no offense taken :D

The FJ Contour Casual are pretty damn comfortable. At least they were when I had them on in the store.
2011_us_54284

Good lookin shoes!

or if you'd like to try one of my tried and true strategies: buy from a place that allows a 100% exchange and get the 5-UW separate from the 4i and simply exchange the 4i for a hybrid if it doesn't work out. This assumes you can't demo both side by side to make a decision, of course.

or if you'd like to try one of my tried and true strategies: buy from a place that allows a 100% exchange and get the 5-UW separate from the 4i and simply exchange the 4i for a hybrid if it doesn't work out. This assumes you can't demo both side by side to make a decision, of course.

I will be buying from Blind 9 but I don't know if they have that kind of guarantee. Any opinions on hybrids? I really want to try the new :wilsonstaff: fybrids, especially the 19.5. I'm set at the top of my bag as I love my Wishon driver and the 4W, but everything else is fair game! I think i'm going to try the 5-GW and perhaps try the 4i, but just don't know!

I will be buying from Blind 9 but I don't know if they have that kind of guarantee. Any opinions on hybrids? I really want to try the new :wilsonstaff: fybrids, especially the 19.5. I'm set at the top of my bag as I love my Wishon driver and the 4W, but everything else is fair game! I think i'm going to try the 5-GW and perhaps try the 4i, but just don't know!

So I take it from your sig that you're gaming the old Fybrids. I'd like to try the new ones as well if I could find a place that sells Wilson clubs and has a sim/range... Are your current hybrids treating you good? If so, I'd leave them while you adjust to the new irons. One less thing to worry about. If you're intent on trying some new hybrids, I'd say that you should also try the VRS, Mashie and RBZ for starters. Congrats on the new sticks.

In serious ponder mode about an RBZ 3W and 3H.

I wonder how much of an effect THP has had on the i20 sales?

It would be pretty cool to see the data if one could track it. One of the guys that travels Canada in the fitting van did mention the blow up "on the top 3 golf sites" so I would say THP has probably had quite a bit of influence.

Razr Fit. So much better than my R11 D & 3W. Great sound and feel, works great with the Whiteboard.

Pretty much what I expected after you trying it out with your love for the FT9 last year.
Did you get to try the Razr Black vs the Fit in the fairway? I liked the Fit a fair bit but the Black produced higher ball speeds for me in the 3/4/5 woods over the fit. Might be too spinny for you though

Pretty much what I expected after you trying it out with your love for the FT9 last year.
Did you get to try the Razr Black vs the Fit in the fairway? I liked the Fit a fair bit but the Black produced higher ball speeds for me in the 3/4/5 woods over the fit. Might be too spinny for you though

I held it a bit but didn't like the look of it. Never tried it.

So I take it from your sig that you're gaming the old Fybrids. I'd like to try the new ones as well if I could find a place that sells Wilson clubs and has a sim/range... Are your current hybrids treating you good? If so, I'd leave them while you adjust to the new irons. One less thing to worry about. If you're intent on trying some new hybrids, I'd say that you should also try the VRS, Mashie and RBZ for starters. Congrats on the new sticks.

Fybrid RS's are ANIMALS.

Canadan has me pondering a 50* Cleveland 588 to go along with the 58* that I want for the 54* bought today (if all that makes sense)

Mallet putter. hmph

Mallet putter. hmph

Always good to have a blade and a mallet, one always seems to work. What mallet?

Looking for a GPS to add to the bag. The two front runners at the moment are the Bushnell XGC+ and the Garmin Approach G6, but I will look at any other suggestions.

Always good to have a blade and a mallet, one always seems to work. What mallet?

Looking for a GPS to add to the bag. The two front runners at the moment are the Bushnell XGC+ and the Garmin Approach G6, but I will look at any other suggestions.

Really enjoy my XGC+, would definitely recommend.

Team Hackers tapping!

I sure am pondering a Fybrid RS 3wood.

After hitting some drivers today a couple things. I need to hit the G20 again ASAP. Maybe it can quell my desire for a Nike VRS. I hammer that Nike. Other thoughts will go in the appropriate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back