Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hybrid was even a few degrees weaker then the others I was hitting and it was still longer. I didn't care for the FW's and I didnt hit the VRS driver very well. First time I didnt crush that driver. I did hit the limited edition driver good though. Which surprised me.

I hit the LE driver decent, that driver is just all kinds of wrong for me though.

I hit the LE driver decent, that driver is just all kinds of wrong for me though.

Kind of my thoughts too. This one had a very serious shaft in it too. And can't say I'm very found of it at address but I hit it and bam 246, 245, 250.

Currently pondering a push cart, anyone have any experience with the Sun Mountain Micro-Cart?

Thanks. May just drop by EW and pick up a Click Gear, they seem to be the most loved.

Thats a big step towards being a more serious golfer. Next thing you'll be dropping all the hybrids and gaming Mizunos :alien:

Bushnell Yardage Pro

39.99 at RBG. I want a laser, I can't afford a laser for at least 4 months or so (I'm NOT offing a putter for a laser)...I think this would be a good basic device, all I want is distance on shots to the green anyways...

Bushnell Yardage Pro

39.99 at RBG. I want a laser, I can't afford a laser for at least 4 months or so (I'm NOT offing a putter for a laser)...I think this would be a good basic device, all I want is distance on shots to the green anyways...

Do it, Bushnell makes several small no frills devices that just get the job done.

Do it, Bushnell makes several small no frills devices that just get the job done.

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to. I don't really care about distance off the tee or any of that so this could be a very good thing for me, even if it is 3 years old. I'm on the ledge.

do it

*pushes Jman off ledge*

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to. I don't really care about distance off the tee or any of that so this could be a very good thing for me, even if it is 3 years old. I'm on the ledge.

Custom 588's.

We've picked a name for the impending minion so now it's time to spec out the wedges my wife and I discussed.

Driver shaft. Pondering a Kusala, perhaps a Blue 61S. Need to find a place to get fitted. That's an expensive shot in the dark...

Bushnell Yardage Pro

Before you pull the trigger, go to Bushnell's website and figure out if the courses that you mainly play are loaded onto the device. It would suck to buy a device and then not be able to use it well on the courses that you play.

Driver shaft. Pondering a Kusala, perhaps a Blue 61S. Need to find a place to get fitted. That's an expensive shot in the dark...

Get fitted here, it's pretty close to you: http://www.golffittingstudios.com/

Custom 588's.

We've picked a name for the impending minion so now it's time to spec out the wedges my wife and I discussed.

Nice idea....although I'd wait until the actual peanut is here until I did that, if you know what I mean.

Nice idea....although I'd wait until the actual peanut is here until I did that, if you know what I mean.

I plan to. It just means I have an excuse to make up a zillion designs in the next few months with a goal in mind.

Thanks Ary. I actually went there last year. Did a great job on the iron fitting. Driver/3W fitting was more of just try stuff until we find the best stats. We didn't discuss shafts or anything... Admittedly I didn't know nearly what I know now, and my swing was a lot more rough. I'll give Larry a call and see what he can do for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Ary. I actually went there last year. Did a great job on the iron fitting. Driver/3W fitting was more of just try stuff until we find the best stats. We didn't discuss shafts or anything... Admittedly I didn't know nearly what I know now, and my swing was a lot more rough. I'll give Larry a call and see what he can do for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

In a way, not knowing what shafts you are hitting can be a good thing. If you know some about shafts, you may have preconceived notions about what a shaft should or should not feel like. A good fitter should ask you about your game, what you like and don't like about your current club, watch you hit some shots with your current driver and get some data, and then go from there. Then the fitter should be able to figure out what type of club would be good for you, and test that club with some different shafts. Best of luck with the fitting!

I promised myself no pondering for a while and then I hit an Odyssey Metal X # 7 and it feels perfect for me. Dammit!

Tapatalk

Not sure where to put this, but since it was a recent ponder, now official purchase, thought I'd throw a quick LOL'er out here (certainly doesn't belong in the Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread): so I finally get my brand new $300 Ping Anser milled putter and I'm so pumped I go out in my button down and slacks during work to a local range to give it that all important validation test. I pull it out of the trunk, gently remove the cover, and as I throw the cover in the trunk, drop it...on the "has needed to be resurfaced for 10 years" asphalt parking lot... time stopped and the world went quiet. I pick it up and sure enough, a big dinger on the outside of the toe (at least not on the face). Guess I won't be exchanging or selling it anytime soon...

I promised myself no pondering for a while and then I hit an Odyssey Metal X # 7 and it feels perfect for me. Dammit!

Tapatalk

Solid ponder. You and War Eagle both lust that putter. Ive only ever seen it in long putter fashion.

Not sure where to put this, but since it was a recent ponder, now official purchase, thought I'd throw a quick LOL'er out here (certainly doesn't belong in the Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread): so I finally get my brand new $300 Ping Anser milled putter and I'm so pumped I go out in my button down and slacks during work to a local range to give it that all important validation test. I pull it out of the trunk, gently remove the cover, and as I throw the cover in the trunk, drop it...on the "has needed to be resurfaced for 10 years" asphalt parking lot... time stopped and the world went quiet. I pick it up and sure enough, a big dinger on the outside of the toe (at least not on the face). Guess I won't be exchanging or selling it anytime soon...

Ouch! That sucks man!

Solid ponder. You and War Eagle both lust that putter. Ive only ever seen it in long putter fashion.

They had a 35" trade in at Golf Galaxy today with a huge grip on it. It was only 25 off retail and looked perfect. They had the head cover too. Almost pulled the trigger. I've been having such a hard week I may have to get it.

They had a 35" trade in at Golf Galaxy today with a huge grip on it. It was only 25 off retail and looked perfect. They had the head cover too. Almost pulled the trigger. I've been having such a hard week I may have to get it.

I like it dude. You deserve it Frank. You really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back