Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering wedges. I don't know why. Thinking about SCORs and 588's. I've got someone willing to sell me some SCORs and an awesome driver shaft, I just haven't pulled the trigger...yet.

Pondering shaft choices for the 588CB's that are going in my backup bag. The old standby DG S 300's hard stepped , PXi 6.0, KBS C-Taper S+, or the wild card of the group... buy a set of CFS S flex shafts from the e-vilBay and hard step them. Choices, choices, choices.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

After rolling every Metal X putter Dick's had yesterday, I'm pondering the doo doo out of one, even though I prefer CS and there isn't a CS model. Buuuuuuut if I get a blade, then I can get a sweet THP cover for it.

Pondering shaft choices for the 588CB's that are going in my backup bag. The old standby DG S 300's hard stepped , PXi 6.0, KBS C-Taper S+, or the wild card of the group... buy a set of CFS S flex shafts from the e-vilBay and hard step them. Choices, choices, choices.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Awesome pondering Colt. I reckon I'm going with PXi's in my 588's. I would hate to see you order such a beautiful forged iron and ruin the feel by putting S300's in them :)

I dont really ponder too much lately. Id like to find a better driver fit for me and maybe some new wedges come outing time. I have seen some sick prices on the bay for Classics though.

Well... I have always hit Taylormades such as R7-Superquads, the R7-425 TP and non TP versions.
Purchased the RBZ Tour 9* and I just locked down a perfect driver for me! It is awesome!
The stock Xcon 6 stiff shaft will hit fairly high but it does carry long. I switched the shaft to a NV ProtoPype 60 stiff
with a stiff tip and this thing flies for me low/med launch and feels great! My swing speed is 100-108 and is why I chose stiff.
You need to try it!
FWIW,
Mike

Pondering getting a new set of Callaway forged wedges or Cleveland 588 forged wedges. My current setup is 48,52,56,60 but I am pondering going to 50,54,58 to save room for another club somewhere else and save $100 in wedge expenditures. My Srixon PW is 44*, I wonder how much of a gap I would be creating going from 48* to 50*. hmmm....

How about 49, 54, 59

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I like your thinking...

I need something to put this bad ass new 7m3 I got in something. J40 perhaps?

I dont really ponder too much lately. Id like to find a better driver fit for me and maybe some new wedges come outing time. I have seen some sick prices on the bay for Classics though.

Razr Fit is solid

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I really think you woul enjoy demo day even more if you went with the sole purpose of finding your next driver and wedges. That would be fun and very different for you, lol

There's a first time for everything TC lol

There's a first time for everything TC lol

Well, I think it's smart dude. I really do. Launch monitors are great, and hitting indoors can give us an inkling of what's good/bad, but there's nothing better than hitting real balls, outdoors, off an epoch tee.

Exactly the two areas in my bag I want to upgrade as well.

I'm just a shaft ponderer these days. Iron shafts mostly, this must be how it feels to be Tmex.

Pondering iron/shafts combinations to get a flatter trajectory, and with nothing better to do today , I think I'll go try some more.

I fondled the 712 CB's today. Aren't those some nice looking irons. Made me sad I didn't get to demo the 588 CB's today.

This has probably been talked about before (I don't think I can go through hundreds of pages though, so please excuse me if I'm widely late or irrelevant), but I was wondering: what's the big deal with TM's RocketBallz? Is it anything actually new and different or was it just a marketing ploy? Is there any new technology that's actually at use in the line that's viable? Can anyone testify for or against these drivers/irons?

haha :)

Really looking to pull the trigger on a VR_S driver. Admittedly, I don't really need it but when my roommate broke my VR Tour, he left some ugly sky marks that I just can't stand to see at address.

That's a good excuse, right?

This has probably been talked about before (I don't think I can go through hundreds of pages though, so please excuse me if I'm widely late or irrelevant), but I was wondering: what's the big deal with TM's RocketBallz? Is it anything actually new and different or was it just a marketing ploy? Is there any new technology that's actually at use in the line that's viable? Can anyone testify for or against these drivers/irons?

haha :)

From what I've seen, its been mixed results. Just like anyother club it works for some and doesn't for others. For many, the 3 wood has been silly long, others haven't seen good results. The only way to know is to get out and demo them.

From what I've seen, its been mixed results. Just like anyother club it works for some and doesn't for others. For many, the 3 wood has been silly long, others haven't seen good results. The only way to know is to get out and demo them.

Makes sense. So basically they're not magical they're just newer models? (Closest club for me to demo them at is about 130 miles out, with school and work I usually don't have the means to get there so I figured I'd ask before I made the drive)

Makes sense. So basically they're not magical they're just newer models? (Closest club for me to demo them at is about 130 miles out, with school and work I usually don't have the means to get there so I figured I'd ask before I made the drive)

Yep, are you interested in the driver mostly? If its the irons you are looking at there is a recent forum testing of the RBZ irons. Some great reviews over in that thread.

W/S Fybrid RS 3-Wood.

My G20 is a weapon for me, but I just love beyond love the 19.5 RS in the bag. Can't do it anytime soon, but when July gets here, its on.

Yep, are you interested in the driver mostly? If its the irons you are looking at there is a recent forum testing of the RBZ irons. Some great reviews over in that thread.

I'll go check it out. Thank you for the help!

I'm just a shaft ponderer these days. Iron shafts mostly, this must be how it feels to be Tmex.

I'm pretty much in the same boat right now. Really pondering some C-Tapers, need to find a place to hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back