Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamed Damaikis' Spider Ghost. I'm ready to try another mallet again.

Yeah, that thing rules. I effing love the mallet. It's helped my speed a ton. What company are you looking at? Another SeeMore, or trying something new?

Yeah, that thing rules. I effing love the mallet. It's helped my speed a ton. What company are you looking at? Another SeeMore, or trying something new?

Perhaps a SeeMore, perhaps a Metal X. I don't know why but I just can't roll the Pure Roll insert that well. I'll give it another shot at the shop soon, though.

Gamed Damaikis' Spider Ghost. I'm ready to try another mallet again.
Im much more comfortable with a mallet. I rolled Freddie's SeeMore M5 on Tuesday, and really liked it. I love my ONE CS, but I prefer to putt with a mallet.

Im much more comfortable with a mallet. I rolled Freddie's SeeMore M5 on Tuesday, and really liked it. I love my ONE CS, but I prefer to putt with a mallet.

I am pretty happy with my putter but have always seemed to putt a tad better with a mallet. Looking forward to rolling some stuff on Saturday.

Oh yes, the 612 Lord Hi-Toe!
Bomber-612HighToe009.png

Bomber-612HighToe005.png

Bomber-612HighToe008.png

Not for everyone I know but I'm with you, I love the look. Just give me a welded CS or a long-pipe flow neck!

Byron is the only "big" boutique putter maker I haven't owned one of. Always been hard for me to justify when Kari will make me whatever I can dream up at a lower price. I think it may be a Christmas requirement for me this year though.

God I desire that putter in a bad way. It's freaking perfect. I would want a welded neck though

God I desire that putter in a bad way. It's freaking perfect. I would want a welded neck though

Agreed. I love the look of a welded neck and Byron has some of the cleanest welds in the business.

Take a look at the scorecard:

7983168785_f147d51c47_o.jpg

I've always been hovering around the 30-35 putt range at this course.

Damn dude. You drove the green on 14? That's impressive.

Classic Tour 10.5* w/ Kusala Silver VS AMP 11.5* RIP Speed Tuned............... I honestly might flip a coin on this one.

Damn dude. You drove the green on 14? That's impressive.

Actually the tees on 14 were moved up late spring because a family adjacent to 14 complained that the house was being hit too much. It's effectively a par 3 now. I just don't know if they can update the oob scorecard.

Don't sweat it JN I shot a 89 with 46 putts 3 weeks ago. Granted it was a new putter on fast greens but it happens sometimes.

Actually the tees on 14 were moved up late spring because a family adjacent to 14 complained that the house was being hit too much. It's effectively a par 3 now. I just don't know if they can update the oob scorecard.
Doesnt it count as a hit fairway if you drive the green though?

Doesnt it count as a hit fairway if you drive the green though?

I suppose you're right. Will have to edit that if I can.

Really pondering the Metal X 7. Wondering when it will be available in CS. I think if I get another putter it will be the CS #7 or the SeeMore Big FGP.

Really pondering the Metal X 7. Wondering when it will be available in CS. I think if I get another putter it will be the CS #7 or the SeeMore Big FGP.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet around January.

I think you'd like an m5x JN.

I have always liked a CS putter, but the #7 with the heel shaft just has an great setup to it that doesnt cause me any problems. Have you rolled a #7 yet?

If I was a betting man, I'd bet around January.

I think you'd like an m5x JN.

I would love to roll an m5x for sure. Great looking putter. The price tag, however, is what turns me away from it. I don't want to blow over $200 on a putter when I am trying to get funds for the THP Outing. And I just looked on SeeMore's website and it says that the Big FGP is for RH only? What the heck? I'll have to give them a call.

I have always liked a CS putter, but the #7 with the heel shaft just has an great setup to it that doesnt cause me any problems. Have you rolled a #7 yet?

I've yet to roll a #7, as the shop always seems to be out of LH ones. They do get them in, so I'll just have to catch them at the right time.

I would love to roll an m5x for sure. Great looking putter. The price tag, however, is what turns me away from it. I don't want to blow over $200 on a putter when I am trying to get funds for the THP Outing. And I just looked on SeeMore's website and it says that the Big FGP is for RH only? What the heck? I'll have to give them a call.
Oh I hear ya, its why I always keep on eye on the bay.

Oh I hear ya, its why I always keep on eye on the bay.

True. I'll have to do the same...and just got off of the phone with SeeMore and they said that the Big FGP will be available in LH by the beginning of October. Phew! I don't know why, but I like that style a bit better than the FGP Mallet.

I've yet to roll a #7, as the shop always seems to be out of LH ones. They do get them in, so I'll just have to catch them at the right time.

Learn to putt RH. It's not like your killing it LH!

True. I'll have to do the same...and just got off of the phone with SeeMore and they said that the Big FGP will be available in LH by the beginning of October. Phew! I don't know why, but I like that style a bit better than the FGP Mallet.
That is good news. I think its a pretty nifty looking putter if you're a mallet guy.

I wonder if Clay would be a better putter with a Seemore? or perhaps a GoLo?

Super-skim response: have you ever considered a putter fitting, or had one in the past? Are you struggling with speed control or directional control?

Super-skim response: have you ever considered a putter fitting, or had one in the past? Are you struggling with speed control or directional control?

I haven't been fitted to a putter, and this would be something I'd definitely be interested in.

I haven't been fitted to a putter, and this would be something I'd definitely be interested in.

Do it dude, I got fitted for putter for the first time, and it made an immediate difference. Ask War Eagle, I roll the fitted putter light years better than I ever putted before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back