Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering scors hard.

Interesting dude, I thought they were like a Vokey with a bobble sole. Not really too awesome IMO.
I loved them, the one time I got to use them. I love my existing wedges in the short game, but they are hit and miss for full swings. It might just be that they are the wrong lie angle for me. I might just have them bent and then go from there.

ATV's maybe? I don't know.

Get the lies checked on your range before next rd
I loved them, the one time I got to use them. I love my existing wedges in the short game, but they are hit and miss for full swings. It might just be that they are the wrong lie angle for me. I might just have them bent and then go from there.

ATV's maybe? I don't know.

Get the lies checked on your range before next rd
Oh I already know they are off by 2 degrees, I've just been dealing with it.

Thats a brutal feeling dude
Ya, they are 1* flat, and I'm 1* up in all my clubs. I suppose I should just go get them bent asap. Its costing me strokes.

Ya, they are 1* flat, and I'm 1* up in all my clubs. I suppose I should just go get them bent asap. Its costing me strokes.

Knowing that your equipment is wrong for you blows. Theres no chance ever for you to hit a shot as planned. You have to account for a miss perfectly and that sucks.

Knowing that your equipment is wrong for you blows. Theres no chance ever for you to hit a shot as planned. You have to account for a miss perfectly and that sucks.
This has been a good talk, I'm getting them bent tomorrow.

I've never hit a fairway wood as good as I have the 909 fairway woods.
I'm glad I got another one (the one I had before had a too stiff shaft)

If I were you Id go 2* up. Wedges are often more upright than irons and you might need a little more if youre on the straddle line.
So, 3* up from where they are now? Thats pretty big, but I think its necessary. Thanks man, I'm going to get it done tomorrow for sure.

5w is back on ponder mode. I crush my 3w off the tee, but cant hit it off the deck, but my Ping 5w is so easy to hit off the deck. Am I crazy to have both in the bag just for that purpose?

Not if it works for you

Been playing with the same fairway wood now for about five years and I feel it's time to upgrade, I hit it well when keeping my swing tempo nice and easy but as soon as I start to push it, the shaft feels whippy and I spray it all over the place. So in my search for a new mw3 I need your suggestions on what mw you think will fit me. I'm looking for a sleek looking head which sets up nice behind the ball even off the deck. I prefer a square to open club head to prevent my hook. The contenders so far are Callaway Razr X Black and Mizuno MP-650, that being said without been to a physical store and actually looked at them. I'm planning to visit a store this weekend and have a closer look but throw your recommendations at me so I don't overlook some alternatives without actually hitting them first.

Also there's some nice deals on the TM Burner SF 2.0 TP driver out there which are tempting, any thoughts on that club?

5w is back on ponder mode. I crush my 3w off the tee, but cant hit it off the deck, but my Ping 5w is so easy to hit off the deck. Am I crazy to have both in the bag just for that purpose?

Not necessarily. I think amateurs would benefit more from an extra wedge but a lot of pro's carry a 3 and 5 wood.

I'll get the 45 and 49 out to you hopefully Monday dude, Tuesday at the latest.

Awesome, thanks JFedExMan. Look forward to giving them a nice workout and hopefully having a better idea of how they work for me.

Not necessarily. I think amateurs would benefit more from an extra wedge but a lot of pro's carry a 3 and 5 wood.

I have 4 wedges now, and I suppose I only lose a couple of strokes when I top my three wood a couple of times off the deck. Would I hit more 58* wedges than a 5 wood?

I have 4 wedges now, and I suppose I only lose a couple of strokes when I top my three wood a couple of times off the deck. Would I hit more 58* wedges than a 5 wood?

Four including your PW? I wasn't counting that. Most pw are more like 9 irons these days.

My 5 wood is my favorite club in the bag. I would much rather have it and a 50/56 or 52/58 combo than an extra wedge.

Four including your PW? I wasn't counting that. Most pw are more like 9 irons these days.

Yeah you're right. I have a pw, 50*, 54*, 58*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back