Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like seeing more people going to less wedges. I want to change my setup a bit though. I have a 46* PW, and want to keep my 50*, but then get a 58* instead of my 56*.

I like seeing more people going to less wedges. I want to change my setup a bit though. I have a 46* PW, and want to keep my 50*, but then get a 58* instead of my 56*.

Unless I'm an idiot, don't you only have 13 clubs in your bag? Why go from 50 to 58?

I saw these in a golf shop the other day but didn't hit them. Man, what a nice looking clubhead. I have a feeling that they would be a pretty easy transition for you from the Mizuno irons that you play right now. I think the JPX 825 Pros are more my speed, but I'd love to give the MP64's a try at some point.

You're a good ball striker Amol, I think you'd hit these pretty well. My son went and hit them today lol, got fit and ordered a set. These are great irons.

Do it! They are absolutely stunning man. Played with a stick last week who had them, silly good irons.

I love the fact that I can just come here and post about pondering and have friends justify it for me lol. I'm going to order them next week.

It's what we do buddy, its what we do.

When you heading north dude?

You're a good ball striker Amol, I think you'd hit these pretty well. My son went and hit them today lol, got fit and ordered a set. These are great irons.

I had a good day when we played a round together before the Morgan Cup. My GIR numbers overall are pathetic, I don't think I'm a good ballstriker at all. I still love the looks of my 588 CB irons, but am starting to think that more forgiving is the way to go for me.

I love the fact that I can just come here and post about pondering and have friends justify it for me lol. I'm going to order them next week.

I am hoping you make a bid for the Morgan Cup and have no need for these!

I had a good day when we played a round together before the Morgan Cup. My GIR numbers overall are pathetic, I don't think I'm a good ballstriker at all. I still love the looks of my 588 CB irons, but am starting to think that more forgiving is the way to go for me.

Well you certainly know your game, and I can respect the decisions you make. I like your game though.

Unless I'm an idiot, don't you only have 13 clubs in your bag? Why go from 50 to 58?

I don't need anything else. I don't take full swings with my 56*, and I just want a bit more loft on it. My 50* gets me about 115 full swing. Anything under that I just use partial swings. I don't care about gapping with my wedges.

The Staff bag is back on the list after this OT that was worked last week...$300 is still hard to swallow

Has anyone played any Warrior Custom clubs? I see the ads on the Golf Channel but thought it was a cheesy ads but played Friday with an old friend and he had a bag full of them. I hit a couple of his wedges and thought they were decent clubs, especially for the cost. Anybody have any other first hand experience?
Thanks

I don't need anything else. I don't take full swings with my 56*, and I just want a bit more loft on it. My 50* gets me about 115 full swing. Anything under that I just use partial swings. I don't care about gapping with my wedges.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'm not a big fan of partial swings, so I prefer more wedges to have full swings from the fairway. Why not add a 60 or 62 degree wedge for a high lofted option around the greens?

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'm not a big fan of partial swings, so I prefer more wedges to have full swings from the fairway. Why not add a 60 or 62 degree wedge for a high lofted option around the greens?

I don't feel like I need it. I think less options would be ideal for me, less confusion. And I suck at taking full swings with wedges anyways, so I'll have less temptation to do that.

I will not lie, I went back late yesterday and hit the 825 Pros. I'm in lust. And why is a Golo not on it's way to me already?

I'm kind of with you and with Damaikis on this one. I like learning the half swings. I think it adds so much to your shot selection. Having 1 club do 4 solid distances is game changing. But add a few more wedges that each do 4 solid distances. Now you have a ton of versatility in that scoring zone.

not sure if i want to get a new shaft for my 50*.. it's pretty flexy right now..

Still debating between a VRS and a G20 for my new 3 wood. Neither one really jumps out at me as vastly superior over the other because they are both awesome at everything. Was smoking my 910f yesterday but I am ready for something new.

Has anyone played any Warrior Custom clubs? I see the ads on the Golf Channel but thought it was a cheesy ads but played Friday with an old friend and he had a bag full of them. I hit a couple of his wedges and thought they were decent clubs, especially for the cost. Anybody have any other first hand experience?
Thanks

(no offense at all) I think they're crap. The company's operation is pretty shady too. They'll promise you them "free" if you pay their insane shipping costs but in the ultra fine print disguised in legal talk you have to send them back in 30 days or they charge you their insane prices. And I think they give you the option to customize them for free then if you say yes you can't send them back because they're custom and you get hosed out of the money and stuck with their clubs.

(no offense at all) I think they're crap. The company's operation is pretty shady too. They'll promise you them "free" if you pay their insane shipping costs but in the ultra fine print disguised in legal talk you have to send them back in 30 days or they charge you their insane prices. And I think they give you the option to customize them for free then if you say yes you can't send them back because they're custom and you get hosed out of the money and stuck with their clubs.

This is 100% false. Guy I know got the hybrid and paid 25$ for shipping and that's it. Yes they bug him all the time to buy stuff but there were zero hidden costs.

This is 100% false. Guy I know got the hybrid and paid 25$ for shipping and that's it. Yes they bug him all the time to buy stuff but there were zero hidden costs.

Yeah. My Dad's boss plays Warrior and I hadn't heard that either. Other than phone calls and junk mail, as you said. I would however read through all the fine print though and go from there.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Yeah. My Dad's boss plays Warrior and I hadn't heard that either. Other than phone calls and junk mail, as you said. I would however read through all the fine print though and go from there.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

About 4 months ago I received a pamphlet in the mail from Warrior golf, and when I looked them up they had plenty of claims of deceptive business practices against them. Glad to hear that isn't always the case.

Put one of the Tour Van albatross REL 3gen's in grey on my PW with 3 wraps.

Pondering why I havent already tried these grips after breezy and company raved about them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put one of the Tour Van albatross REL 3gen's in grey on my PW with 3 wraps.

Pondering why I havent already tried these grips after breezy and company raved about them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nice on the AMP.

Jman, question for you. If I put one of these on a C. Kua will it be all big and feel like a midsize?

It's nice on the AMP.

Jman, question for you. If I put one of these on a C. Kua will it be all big and feel like a midsize?

I think it will feel a bit larger than normal, due to the butt size of the C. Kua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back