Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a couple weeks with the Bridgestone J40 irons and I believe the 5 - PW would be an awesome set. I've hit KB's pings a few times and although they are fit for her, they do have a great feel about them. Both are a great looking and versatile set of irons IMO so it basically comes down to the forgiveness factor. Heck I'm acting like a woman now going back and forth with my decisions :eek:) jk KB

I dont think you can go wrong either way. Ive hit both sets of irons and am in love with the Bridgestone DPC's, loved the feel and distance Im seeing with them, and that is without the proper shafts in them.

Good luck in your decision, I think you have 2 winners to pick from anyways

White Tie is a little higher launching, right? I can tell you from my initial range sessions, the 14.5 RBZ head is not high launching, so don't put a low launching shaft in there unless you want to only hit low bullets off the tee.

Sent from Tapatalk

Its supposed to be. Top end of the mid/low end of the high launching scale based on what Jman is see. Yeah I actually mentioned this to Jman in the White Tie preview thread and he agreed that this could be a great fairway shaft in that 7x gram range. I'm very rarely going to hit it off the deck, its going to mainly for 370-410 yard par-4s

Good weighting for an x for you I think buddy. Why the white tie?

My first Matrix experience was with that Radix HD 6 X that is my R11 right now and its really smooth feeling, now granded its been one round, but its knocked the Kusala Black 61S out. The Black just felt a little softer than I remember it being when I hit it at the Outing. I was really impressed for a X flex its not boardy feeling and it has good feel. No tip shutter or anything odd if you get one out on the toe. So it just got my ponder brian thinking....

I dont think you can go wrong either way. Ive hit both sets of irons and am in love with the Bridgestone DPC's, loved the feel and distance Im seeing with them, and that is without the proper shafts in them.

Good luck in your decision, I think you have 2 winners to pick from anyways

Thanks Mike. I tested the J40 irons with the 5.5 PX shafts. I believe the 5.0 would be the ticket if I went that route. They really are a sweet set of irons!

Did you hit the driver or the 3 wood? The reason I ask is that I have the DI-6 in my driver and can hit that pretty high.

I have the RBZ Tour 3 wood with a Kai'li 70 in stiff in it. Got it off the Bay, figured out it was Tour Issue after I got it (wasn't advertised as that). I've only hit it off mats at my range, but it's harder to elevate than my Mashie F3 that I have had in the bag. I have a feeling that it will be better off of the tee, but there aren't very short tees at our range, so I haven't teed it up yet. I don't use my 3 wood off of the deck as much as I do from the tee, but it would be nice to be confident with it from the deck, you know?

I will say this, the ball does come off the face pretty hot. Even when I was at the range yesterday with the wind chill around 40 or so, I was seeing a strong ball flight, albeit a little low.

I hit the three wood with that pairing. I've hit the driver before, but not on the open range.

I've read a couple times that the RBZ lofts are absolutely jacked. I wonder if you're experiencing what's really a 13.5 or 12.5 head. Doesn't the Kai'li generate a bunch of launch in most heads? Very interesting stuff.

Hard wedge pondering over here. I want to replace all my wedges this winter. Think I am going to end up going with the Mizzy MP-T4's. I really liked the T11's. Plus, I just noticed that Mizuno is offering free stamping on the T4's.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Hard Bettinardi Pondering here!! Im intrigued by the matrix putter shaft and am about to do some more reading up...

Everything has to be race with you doesnt it Nate....haha Those would look SICK! I really love the black nickel shafts. They look awesome.

The problem with the black nickel is they show bag wear really badly. I've got two in some old wedges and it looks like the shaft's been beat to hell

Hard Bettinardi Pondering here!! Im intrigued by the matrix putter shaft and am about to do some more reading up...

Those shafts look sick man. That would be tight.

The problem with the black nickel is they show bag wear really badly. I've got two in some old wedges and it looks like the shaft's been beat to hell

That's good to know... Probably just go chrome then for mine.

really? I wouldn't have expected that.. Care to share a photo?

really? I wouldn't have expected that.. Care to share a photo?

I saw a custom Vokey at Roots and Relics that had the black nickel in it and it had some scuffs from just sitting on the rack. I didn't think it looked too durable either.

Mashie+ M4 and maybe M3. I struggled with the original Mashie, but I'm convinced that I'm missing out with these. At $60 on ebay, it's hard to say no...

I hooked the crap out of last years model. But those were reg flex with more offset and I was on the cusp of moving to stiff. Love my Mashie FWs, though the F7 has turned into a banana machine lately. Would be nice to have a more forgiving option for when I'm struggling with the low irons...

I can hook the hell out of them, but that's my miss with everything. They tend to follow my normal shot shape pretty reliably. At that price, it's a solid deal imo. Especially if you are already comfortable with the shaft and head in the fairways.

I can hook the hell out of them, but that's my miss with everything. They tend to follow my normal shot shape pretty reliably. At that price, it's a solid deal imo. Especially if you are already comfortable with the shaft and head in the fairways.

That's what I'm thinking. May be in the what did you buy thread shortly...

I live vicariously through you at times. Jon has no purchasing fear and I like it.

If it doesn't work out there's always the opportunity for trade bait!

I'm looking at pairs now... LOL. Think I'm going to try and go hit one first.

Try to hit it outside if you can. Always seems like I get better results from them on grass.

I don't know why but I just got the idea of another SCOR in my head. Go with a 41* to replace my 9i. Then I'd have 41*-61* in 4* gaps. If I do end up liking my PW replacement I'll probably end up with a 9i replacement down the road. I have no idea what put that thought in my head.

That could be a very nice set up. I like to use my 9 iron for more than just full swings at times.

That could be a very nice set up. I like to use my 9 iron for more than just full swings at times.

I hit the SCORs for the first time this week in Myrtle and though the lowest loft was a 53* I was really impressed by the versatility of it. I was hitting partial shots really well with it and flighting it much more easily than I do my current wedges. Having those options in my 9 iron slot would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back