Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First. About to go to GolfGalaxy and hit some drivers that are on my ponder list. Ping G15 is one of them. I'm looking for low spinning drivers with a higher launch. What are a few others I should hit?

I'm pondering a gap wedge now that my shaft needs have been fulfilled. I heard TC mention he might sell his CG15's...

First. About to go to GolfGalaxy and hit some drivers that are on my ponder list. Ping G15 is one of them. I'm looking for low spinning drivers with a higher launch. What are a few others I should hit?

From what I have read the Cleveland Classic with the right shaft would meet your requirements...

From what I have read the Cleveland Classic with the right shaft would meet your requirements...

Yeah, I definitely want to hit it but I don't think they have it in for demo yet.

Went to GS last night to see if they had the RBZ's to demo, they didn't so I hit the Taylormade R11's, Cleveland TA7, Callaway XL and XF, and the JPX-800's. Really liked the R11's the best, felt so smooth. JPX-800 and TA7 were a close second. They don't carry Wilson so didn't get to try the Ci11's but I am in full on ponder mode. Did not care for the Callaway's at all, felt harsh and didn't have a good swing with either of them for some reason. Gonna wait until the RBZ's, Mashies, and AMP irons are out so I can test them all out.

pondering a new grip for my new (to me) Super Tri.. wanna try something besides the normal ones... thinking possibly an iomic.

I'm pondering a gap wedge now that my shaft needs have been fulfilled. I heard TC mention he might sell his CG15's...

You heard correctly. Once the 588's get here I'll have no need for them. It's a good ponder, they're awesome wedges.

Also, can someone explain why we needed new threads? And why isn't it "Equipment Pondering with OEM" like it was before?

You heard correctly. Once the 588's get here I'll have no need for them. It's a good ponder, they're awesome wedges.

Also, can someone explain why we needed new threads? And why isn't it "Equipment Pondering with OEM" like it was before?
We need new threads as once a thread gets over 300 pages it takes a TON of CPU usage to load that page and it was just time for a spring cleaning if you will. Every time you click on a thread it has to load the entire thread and you can imagine the load if the server is loading a 1000 page thread with 50 users in it.

My putter pondering is put on hold, my first outing with my "new" Never Compromise Milled #9 style putter was a huge success. Big thanks to Duey on that one.

I'm officially pondering Nike VR S irons, Titleist AP1's, and some Mizunos. I also ponder some RBZ stuff. Officially that is. I'd been pondering some Bettinardi putters too.

I'm officially pondering Nike VR S irons, Titleist AP1's, and some Mizunos. I also ponder some RBZ stuff. Officially that is. I'd been pondering some Bettinardi putters too.

Solid ponder! After reading the Cleveland thread, I'm pondering a Mashie 3 wood. A 3 wood will be my next OEM after the driver, and the Mashie is #1 on the list. Second would be the RBZ.

It think the list of what you aren't pondering would be smaller than the list you ARE pondering, OEM!

Solid ponder! After reading the Cleveland thread, I'm pondering a Mashie 3 wood. A 3 wood will be my next OEM after the driver, and the Mashie is #1 on the list. Second would be the RBZ.

I'd ponder putting both 3W's in the bag. That's what I'm going to do I think.

It think the list of what you aren't pondering would be smaller than the list you ARE pondering, OEM!

Yes, his "unofficial" list would be as long as Golf Digest's Hot List. In fact, Golf Digest contacted OEM for his help.

I think it's known now, that any time you ponder something, OEM is already pondering it as well with you.

Yes, his "unofficial" list would be as long as Golf Digest's Hot List. In fact, Golf Digest contacted OEM for his help.

True story but I had to turn them down. They refused to drop the demand category from the list and replace it with "potential to OEM"

True story but I had to turn them down. They refused to drop the demand category from the list and replace it with "potential to OEM"

Those b*stards.

Those b*stards.

Exactly. Their loss. When does your Classic arrive? Have you officially placed your order with blind9 yet?

Tried calling them today but got the machine. Left a message. Are they open today? I'll have to send Patty a PM.

I'm thinking hard about trying the new Winn dri-tac grips. Anyone had a chance to try them in store yet, they haven't made it down here yet.

--
tapatalk

I'm thinking hard about trying the new Winn dri-tac grips. Anyone had a chance to try them in store yet, they haven't made it down here yet.

--
tapatalk

My friend had her driver regripped with these and they feel really good. A little give to them and they are SUPER light. Like 20 something grams. I think these are a really solid grip.

My friend had her driver regripped with these and they feel really good. A little give to them and they are SUPER light. Like 20 something grams. I think these are a really solid grip.

Excellent, I was hoping they wouldn't feel totally different from other Winn models.

--
tapatalk

Excellent, I was hoping they wouldn't feel totally different from other Winn models.

--
tapatalk

I have never played any of the other Winn grips, but I liked these. They are definitely softer than anything I have and we got the grip wet just to see how it reacted and it stayed pretty tacky.

I'm sold, with the humidity/rain in summer these sound perfect. Thanks doc!

--
tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back