Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to replace my TP Red LDP with a urethane ball in the $20-$30 range. FG Tour, Z-Star/XV, Penta TP3, U4/U4X/U6, Chrome/Chrome+, Gamer Tour. Am I missing anything else, lol?

RBZ Urethane. It seems the TP5's are everywhere under $30. Someone had Callaway Tour is on the Deal page the other day for $24/dozen...

Trying to replace my TP Red LDP with a urethane ball in the $20-$30 range. FG Tour, Z-Star/XV, Penta TP3, U4/U4X/U6, Chrome/Chrome+, Gamer Tour. Am I missing anything else, lol?
Even tho a 2 pc. E5 could fit also.
Funny thing is I'm doing the same thing. . Down to last 2 dz. Reds

tapin from my big as note 2

Red LDP was my favorite ball ever. Chrome+ is the closest thing to it that I can find. I play the Chrome+ when I can't find ZStar XVs on sale

The XVs are still on sale at Amazon for under $30 a dozen, so it is a no brainer!

http://www.amazon.com/Srixon-151101...id=1370442812&sr=8-1&keywords=srixon+zstar+xv

Need a new 60*. Grooves are pretty worn out on my Hogan. I like the 'c' grind I currently have and the low bounce. Any suggestions for something similar?

Need a new 60*. Grooves are pretty worn out on my Hogan. I like the 'c' grind I currently have and the low bounce. Any suggestions for something similar?

The callaway offerings have c grinds, you can find new Jaws for around 50$ I've been very pleased with mine.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

FG Tour X is a great ball. I love em.

Good call, forgot about the rbz urethane

Good call, forgot about the rbz urethane

I think it's flown under the radar, very good ball.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

The callaway offerings have c grinds, you can find new Jaws for around 50$ I've been very pleased with mine.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I recently picked up a pair of like new Callaway Forged wedges from Callaway Pre-Owned on eBay for $50 a piece. Really like them so far, and their definition of like new apparently meant new in wrappers.

X-Forged if you can find it brother. Make sure you bring extra golf balls though. Those grooves shred covers. I went through two balls (Chrome+) in 9 holes without losing one. Great spinning wedge and I'm finding that the wedge shaft in them fits me better than the Spinner did from a consistency standpoint.

Stage 2 5W ponder is in full force. Likely gonna pull the trigger on that here soon. Also pondering the Super DHY as a long iron replacement. Purely a hawk-ponder at this point though.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Thanks man. Callaway wedges seem to be getting a lot of love in here.

Me, I like the TM ATV wedges

Heading to Golf Galaxy now to Jumbo size my grips. Not a lot of pondering to be done though. Only options are Winn Lites, Lamkin Crosslines, or Golf Pride Tour Velvets. I think I'm definitely going old school Tour Velvets.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering changing my tour wraps to something else. But want to wait till I determine if I'm gonna swap shafts.

I know I'm a couple days early but Hopkins Wedges after reading that interview! #WPW

Edit- Also a clicgear

Last edited:
Pondering switching from my Vokey SM4 54* and 58* to the Cleveland 588 RTX equivalent.

I like that ponder!!! MBs or CBs?

Leaning towards CB, but I need to run by Golf Galaxy to see how they feel. I know wedges don't really fall into a GI category, but I think the CBs may be a bit more forgiving. We shall see :).

Leaning towards CB, but I need to run by Golf Galaxy to see how they feel. I know wedges don't really fall into a GI category, but I think the CBs may be a bit more forgiving. We shall see :).

Those cb's are so sweet and I think they are forgiving.

Pondering switching from my Vokey SM4 54* and 58* to the Cleveland 588 RTX equivalent.

I've just done this switch. I went to the local Cleveland fitting centre and ended up ordering the black CB's in 50, 54 and 58. Should hopefully have them at the end of this week. The bonus with this is they'll give me £25 for each of my Vokeys. Bearing in mind my wedges are 6+ years old I don't think it's too bad a deal!

X-Forged if you can find it brother. Make sure you bring extra golf balls though. Those grooves shred covers. I went through two balls (Chrome+) in 9 holes without losing one. Great spinning wedge and I'm finding that the wedge shaft in them fits me better than the Spinner did from a consistency standpoint.

Stage 2 5W ponder is in full force. Likely gonna pull the trigger on that here soon. Also pondering the Super DHY as a long iron replacement. Purely a hawk-ponder at this point though.
Do you have a F5? and if so would you consider selling it?

Do you have a F5? and if so would you consider selling it?

I have one with a PX in it. Not ready to go there yet but I'll let you know.

I have one with a PX in it. Not ready to go there yet but I'll let you know.

Have you already gotten ride of the C kua shaft?
If not what flex is it and would you sell it?

Definitely wanting a new 3 wood for off the tee. 3Deep is calling my name but the price (upgraded shaft) says no way!

The PX shaft in my ping 3 just doesn't play my swing at all. I won't even hit the club any longer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back