Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pondering what the Miyazaki C.Kua wedges shafts would be like... I bet they are awesome.

The iron shafts are great so I imagine the wedge shafts would be too :)

Had a thought the other day: what if at some point in the past, the USGA and R&A had decided that metal woods were not in the, "spirit of the game" and were outlawed.
How would club companies have found ways to get more distance out of wood drivers?

Any #wpf going on today?

Pondering a new bag, Looking at the XTT extreme or the 3.5 DLX. Amazon has extreme for $122

Pondering a new bag, Looking at the XTT extreme or the 3.5 DLX. Amazon has extreme for $122

XTT is a great great bag, absolutely love mine. And I have played my share of cart & staff bags.....XTT will be used for a longtime to come.

mcook, does it have any sticking club issues. How does it fit on a riding cart?

mcook, does it have any sticking club issues. How does it fit on a riding cart?

I have had zero issues with sticking clubs and was pleasantly surprised last weekend driving 36 and heard minimal chatter and it stands up very nicely in a cart.

Really have no complaints with this bag.....plenty of storage also.

XTT is a great great bag, absolutely love mine. And I have played my share of cart & staff bags.....XTT will be used for a longtime to come.

Not to mention yours looks awesome.

I'm pondering what will happen post MC with my wedges. May stick with the J40's. Unclear if this is an actual ponder though

Anxiously waiting for Monday when the Hopkins wedge is showing up. After that, we'll see about wedge ponders.

Definitely different.. Substantially lower torque, stiffer IFC... I feel like they would break the mold for graphite for me.

Does wedge shafts count?

If they do, then I'm pondering the Nippon NS Pro WV I have coming. Did some looking before picking that thing and I have hopes that it will be as good as it's supposed to be. Went with the WV115 and very excited to see how it works out compared to the Tour Concept.

http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/steel/wv.htm

If they do, then I'm pondering the Nippon NS Pro WV I have coming. Did some looking before picking that thing and I have hopes that it will be as good as it's supposed to be. Went with the WV115 and very excited to see how it works out compared to the Tour Concept.

http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/steel/wv.htm

Those look interesting Hawk.. I wonder what causes the two rigid turns in the anticipated ball flight..

wv_fig01.gif

Should make for some interesting visual differences.

Those look interesting Hawk.. I wonder what causes the two rigid turns in the anticipated ball flight..

wv_fig01.gif

Should make for some interesting visual differences.

My hope is that they are similar to the Tour Concepts. If not, I'll pull them from my 588's and install them in my next set. I wish they hadn't killed those off. They were like Spinner Lites.

What are you pondering Canadanman?

My hope is that they are similar to the Tour Concepts. If not, I'll pull them from my 588's and install them in my next set. I wish they hadn't killed those off. They were like Spinner Lites.

Are these for testing Hawk? I need to do a better job learning about the design on wedge shafts. It would have been a real benefit to me a couple months ago.

Are these for testing Hawk? I need to do a better job learning about the design on wedge shafts. It would have been a real benefit to me a couple months ago.

Nope. It's just the shaft I ordered with the Hopkins wedge I have coming. It's one I've had my eye on for a while though.

I'm pondering what will happen post MC with my wedges. May stick with the J40's. Unclear if this is an actual ponder though
You want the Nikes. You know you do.

What are you pondering Canadanman?

Miyazaki C.Kua wedge shafts.. Either the 95's or the 115's. I want to see if, at that IFC and torque, they don't balloon on me and offer similarly good flighting characteristics to some of the other wedge shafts I've tried.

It'll be a slow ponder though. It's a pretty steep price for a ponder.

Miyazaki C.Kua wedge shafts.. Either the 95's or the 115's. I want to see if, at that IFC and torque, they don't balloon on me and offer similarly good flighting characteristics to some of the other wedge shafts I've tried.

It'll be a slow ponder though. It's a pretty steep price for a ponder.

Part of me thinks 'what's the point' initially, but then I look at what I've enjoyed most about the Fuji MCI's - partial swings. I think it's a solid ponder man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back