Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely wanting a new 3 wood for off the tee. 3Deep is calling my name but the price (upgraded shaft) says no way!

The PX shaft in my ping 3 just doesn't play my swing at all. I won't even hit the club any longer....

I liked the Ping TFC 707F shaft in the i20. Thought it was better than the Project X.

I liked the Ping TFC 707F shaft in the i20. Thought it was better than the Project X.

Yeah. The PING shaft was definitely more well received than the PX Black when those clubs came out. I think in all the driver, fairway wood, and hybrid they were considered by most to be a better option.

I know it's not Friday yet, but Mizuno MP-R12 60/05 with the stock spinner.

Yeah, I will have C-Taper Lites. For sure.

Kicking around the idea of upgrading my G15 irons to I20's. I can't seem to be comfortable with anything since I retired my Hogan Apex Edges. The more I look at the wide soles of the G15 the more they remind me of agriculture equipment. What to do???

Possible putter swap is on my mind. Scotty Cameron Golo for an Odyssey Black Series? Hmmm...

Definitely about to pull the trigger on some CG 588 RTX 56*, maybe even 60*. Now I have to decide MB or CB...off to the local shop!

Thinking about a push cart. After 33 years of carrying I might be ready.

Tappin' on the Kingphone.

Thinking about a push cart. After 33 years of carrying I might be ready.

Get a Clicgear, SO durable, SO easy to setup, SO easy to push. I've TRIED to wear mine out the last two years to no avail, makes golf much more enjoyable IMO.

Get a Clicgear, SO durable, SO easy to setup, SO easy to push. I've TRIED to wear mine out the last two years to no avail, makes golf much more enjoyable IMO.

I want one. Spendy though. I looked at the tour trek at golfsmith for $129 and that seemed pretty nice. Still pondering. It's between those two.

I want one. Spendy though. I looked at the tour trek at golfsmith for $129 and that seemed pretty nice. Still pondering. It's between those two.

I would listen to Jman and go Clicgear, but if you want to save some money you can usually get a Sunmountain micro cart for a decent price. I have one and have been happy with it.

I would listen to Jman and go Clicgear, but if you want to save some money you can usually get a Sunmountain micro cart for a decent price. I have one and have been happy with it.

The Micro is nice too, no doubt.

The Micro is nice too, no doubt.

Yep, I think I would have been happier with the Clicgear, but I think Micro is a good alternative if you can't bring yourself to drop the coin on the Clic. I wouldn't go for the Trek he mentioned.

Yep, I think I would have been happier with the Clicgear, but I think Micro is a good alternative if you can't bring yourself to drop the coin on the Clic. I wouldn't go for the Trek he mentioned.

Know what the best part about a ClicGear cart is. After owning mine for a year and a half sold it when I moved from Hawaii for $160. Pretty darn good when I only paid $190 for it.

Trying out some used R11 irons on Saturday. Like my Burners, but I think I'm ready for something different.

Trying out some used R11 irons on Saturday. Like my Burners, but I think I'm ready for something different.

Are you playing with T0AD's irons? I hear he may have something new in the bag this year :D

Are you playing with T0AD's irons? I hear he may have something new in the bag this year :D

Yep! I've loved the R11s for a long time.. If they treat me well, T0AD will definitely have something new in the bag!

The ClicGear does seem nice. I like the brake level at the handle, having just graduated from the stroller years I'm confident I can figure out the breakdown. From the looks I'm of the opinion the Tour Trek model is a re-branded[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Arial, Liberation Sans, FreeSans, sans-serif] CaddytekLite One, which have good reviews too, though clearly not as recommended. I'll probably end up with the ClicGear since it is something I'll have for a while, but I have to answer to upper management like everyone else.[/FONT]

The ClicGear does seem nice. I like the brake level at the handle, having just graduated from the stroller years I'm confident I can figure out the breakdown. From the looks I'm of the opinion the Tour Trek model is a re-branded CaddytekLite One, which have good reviews too, though clearly not as recommended. I'll probably end up with the ClicGear since it is something I'll have for a while, but I have to answer to upper management like everyone else.

If you're going for long term, you WILL NOT tear up the Clicgear, things have tank like durability.

That dang upper management can get the best of all of us though. :alien:

With an eye appointment in the morning, pondering more sunglasses.
I have to admit that I never really thought about Bolle but they seem to making some waves & anybody that supports THP is right on in my book.

If you're going for long term, you WILL NOT tear up the Clicgear, things have tank like durability.

That dang upper management can get the best of all of us though. :alien:

Found a good deal on a 3.0. Hopefully it'll work well with my bag.

Happy #WPF all!

I'm actually pondering wedges today too. Now that I've had time with my 64, it is a definite keeper so I need to drop one of my other wedges. The problem becomes gaps though.

Here is the dilemma:

Current PW sits at 47* and then I go 52, 55, 59 and 64. The 52 is oddly gapped because I was going to have a PW at 48 when I bought it. I've dropped the 55 and don't totally miss it because I can play my 52 a lot of ways. My ocd sets in though and I hate the uneven gapping!

So I'm thinking of ditching my current pw because I don't love it and getting a 48. Then maybe going 52, 58, 64.

My top choices are:

1 - SCOR 59 bent to 58, cheapest route but ocd
2 - SCOR 58, cheaper route
3 - Hopkins 52 and 58 when available. 64 is brand new rtx so it stays.
4 - RTX, Mizuno and maybe Nike in the 52, 58 setup.

The 48 will match the others no matter which way I go.

#firstworldproblems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back