Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callaway Apex 4-AW with KBS Tour V shafts.

3 wood.....going back to my Pro / fitter....ok with either a shaft upgrade or something new

Changing wedges from Callaway forged 50° & 54° to Titleist vokey 50°, 54° & 58°. Much prefer the swingweight of the vokeys (feels a lot lighter to me) and the sole feels better too. Plus I only carry 13 clubs at the moment.

Callaway Apex 4-AW with KBS Tour V shafts.

That's a good ponder. If I had to pick my Morgan Cup irons today (and thank goodness I do not), I think these would be the ones.

In such a sucker.

I'm pondering Taylormade.

That ponder will be fulfilled soon with some sick MB's

Not by me. MBs are not in my future. The MCs are however.

I really like everything about the SLDR line. Other than it doesn't out perform what I have now

Not by me. MBs are not in my future. The MCs are however.

I really like everything about the SLDR line. Other than it doesn't out perform what I have now

Oh I thought you had gone MB, ooops. MC goodness will be awesome.

I haven't been successful with the SLDR yet

I could game MBs in the shorts. But everywhere else, I need some help.

The SLDR profile seems to fit me well.

The SLDR is silly demanding.

The SLDR is silly demanding.

Coming from a summer with the Covert Tour, it isn't that bad. The head is definitely specific.

Coming from a summer with the Covert Tour, it isn't that bad. The head is definitely specific.

If by specific you mean more distance loss toe and heel side just off the button than any driver I've hit in the last two years (and that's a fair few to say the least) then yes, it's specific. Way more so than the covert tour was for me as well. Forward CG does that though as we all know, lower spin and crazy long on the button, but if you miss, be prepared. I'll pass for something more forgiving on misses myself, even if I do adore the sound and look.

Silly=yes

And admittedly my driver swing is seriously lacking

For guys consistently in the center like Dan, it's a monster. I've got a tendency to miss by a little inside and toe side though myself.

Plus, Bertha...yeah....

For guys consistently in the center like Dan, it's a monster. I've got a tendency to miss by a little inside and toe side though myself.

Plus, Bertha...yeah....

Yeah but he's a freak and has a swing made of platinum!

Yeah my olde swing had me all over the face. New swing will have that fixed.

If by specific you mean more distance loss toe and heel side just off the button than any driver I've hit in the last two years (and that's a fair few to say the least) then yes, it's specific. Way more so than the covert tour was for me as well. Forward CG does that though as we all know, lower spin and crazy long on the button, but if you miss, be prepared. I'll pass for something more forgiving on misses myself, even if I do adore the sound and look.

I am not disagreeing with any of that.

I like those low spin heads. From the numbers I've seen, they fit me better.

I am not disagreeing with any of that.

I like those low spin heads. From the numbers I've seen, they fit me better.

I know you're not, just having a conversation.

Low spin is best for lots of people, my only comment on the SLDR has always been that it's lower spinning than a ton of heads but it also sacrifices more forgiveness than a ton too. That's all, we're all different and have different needs and give/take willingnesses on distance/forgiveness.

I know you're not, just having a conversation.

Low spin is best for lots of people, my only comment on the SLDR has always been that it's lower spinning than a ton of heads but it also sacrifices more forgiveness than a ton too. That's all, we're all different and have different needs and give/take willingnesses on distance/forgiveness.

Compared to a lot of 460cc heads, it's ridiculously unforgiving. It is silly to have a 460cc head be that unforgiving.

Compared to a lot of 460cc heads, it's ridiculously unforgiving. It is silly to have a 460cc head be that unforgiving.

I'm pondering the 430 version...need to find one to hit.

I agree, and it frustrates me that I simply can not hit my SLDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back