Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys with the 5deep, whats the loft and how is it off the deck?

5deep + 20* X2Hot Pro hybrid = lethal combination

I actually like the looks of the regular X2Hot hybrid a little bit more. Thinking a 19 with an Altus.

18.5* and, while I only hit it at ECPC, it was super easy to hit off the deck and even take a divot with it. The deep face is awesome for high face hitters like myself.

Tyler said it best but it is so easy to hit off the deck. And it a long bomber off the tee as well. One of the best woods Callaway has made to date if you ask me.

http://bit.ly/1g31Vbk

$850 for a putter? Not that I would actually buy (or could ever justify it to the wife), but how good could it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you thought about trying to build it yourself? Find the components on Ebay and it might end up being quite a bit cheaper.

Yeah, I started looking around last night but couldn't find the shaft not already attached to a head. Apparently its a special request kind of thing.

Damn I dont care if that was the actual putter he gamed and signed... I cant see paying that much. Thats a nice car lmao
Free shipping though......

It certainly beats the 15k one that is still in the mill frame.

Either way, if I am looking at 850 dollar putters, I'm probably backing off quickly and buying a Bettinardi tour stock and a SeeMore PR instead.

Pondering a new 3w, or even maybe a 4w. Currently have a TM V-steel that I never hit once off the deck all of last year, mostly used it off the tee on tight fairways. I'm wondering if a deeper faced 3w might be better for my game, especially given how inexpensive some of last year's models like the XHots and RBZs are getting.

Pondering a new 3w, or even maybe a 4w. Currently have a TM V-steel that I never hit once off the deck all of last year, mostly used it off the tee on tight fairways. I'm wondering if a deeper faced 3w might be better for my game, especially given how inexpensive some of last year's models like the XHots and RBZs are getting.

I picked up the X Hot 3-wood but I plan to use it off the tee. It does have a shallow face but it's almost as long as a driver so I'd rather tee the ball up a bit. I'll use the 3H for my second shot on a par 5.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

I've been looking at Mod 60 putters all morning on eBay. Must. Resist....

Whats up with the tour vs? You not liking them??

Too clicky.

Dan - I'd get a couple live rounds in with a the TourVs before tinkering. I've been impressed with them.

Might be worth at least looking. Like you said worse case its a cheap experiment. Im a big fan of the Xhot woods, especially off the tee!

I havent hit the 5deep yet, but what 5woods that you have gamed in the past would you compare it to?

I haven't gamed true 5 wood since 2008 or so. However, last year I was gaming the amp cell 3/4 wood and I started with it in the 3 position. Was great off the tee but really didn't elevate it much off the deck.

One day at the range I decided to up the loft to the 4+ position and I noticed a higher ball flight. It had me curious so I went to a launch monitor and hit it and sure enough I was carrying it further. Then clicked the loft up to the standard 4 setting and I gained even more carry

Combine the extra loft with my high on the face miss and a deep faced 5 wood seemed like a no brainer. I didn't even ask about the 5deep at the Grandaddy, but after the fitter watched me hit the Bertha 3w off the deck he immediately recommended the 5deep. He was right.

I'm in serious ponder mode for a laser rangefinder.

I haven't gamed true 5 wood since 2008 or so. However, last year I was gaming the amp cell 3/4 wood and I started with it in the 3 position. Was great off the tee but really didn't elevate it much off the deck.

One day at the range I decided to up the loft to the 4+ position and I noticed a higher ball flight. It had me curious so I went to a launch monitor and hit it and sure enough I was carrying it further. Then clicked the loft up to the standard 4 setting and I gained even more carry

Combine the extra loft with my high on the face miss and a deep faced 5 wood seemed like a no brainer. I didn't even ask about the 5deep at the Grandaddy, but after the fitter watched me hit the Bertha 3w off the deck he immediately recommended the 5deep. He was right.

Nice dude, that's awesome, I need to check it out in a bad way. I love my previous 5w but I'm looking for something new to fill that spot. Some extra time on a monitor would be nice.

Nice dude, that's awesome, I need to check it out in a bad way. I love my previous 5w but I'm looking for something new to fill that spot. Some extra time on a monitor would be nice.

Also wanted to note that the fitter had my driver shaft put in the 5deep (tipped 1.5 inches). He said this would keep the weight down so it would feel similar to my driver and I could get the swing speed up more and the trim tipped would lower overall ball flight a bit. Said it would launch like a 5 wood but get the distance of a 3 wood. So far, he was right. Getting it on the course for the first time today. Will definitely post my thoughts in the appropriate thread when I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back