Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wanted to note that the fitter had my driver shaft put in the 5deep (tipped 1.5 inches). He said this would keep the weight down so it would feel similar to my driver and I could get the swing speed up more and the trim tipped would lower overall ball flight a bit. Said it would launch like a 5 wood but get the distance of a 3 wood. So far, he was right. Getting it on the course for the first time today. Will definitely post my thoughts in the appropriate thread when I get back.

Very interested in your thoughts Joe. This is the last piece in my 2014 bag that I'm pondering.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Also wanted to note that the fitter had my driver shaft put in the 5deep (tipped 1.5 inches). He said this would keep the weight down so it would feel similar to my driver and I could get the swing speed up more and the trim tipped would lower overall ball flight a bit. Said it would launch like a 5 wood but get the distance of a 3 wood. So far, he was right. Getting it on the course for the first time today. Will definitely post my thoughts in the appropriate thread when I get back.

Yikes! That sounds awesome.

thinking about new irons, g10's or g25's...
coming from zings, price unimportant. can't hit the g10's before buying... would they better suit a 20+ handicapper (more so then the g25's)? these are the things I ponder on Tuesday mornings...

thinking about new irons, g10's or g25's...
coming from zings, price unimportant. can't hit the g10's before buying... would they better suit a 20+ handicapper (more so then the g25's)? these are the things I ponder on Tuesday mornings...

While not a huge fan of either, they are both solid irons. I found the 25s a bit better. Launch could be handled and they felt more balanced.

Any thoughts on the newer Karsten Irons from Ping?

Thanks, I should hit those as well! The fatness was a little off-putting, and looking down at the g25's made me feel warm and happy, like looking at my zing's grandchildren (or grandclubs, or whatever;)

Thanks, I should hit those as well! The fatness was a little off-putting, and looking down at the g25's made me feel warm and happy, like looking at my zing's grandchildren (or grandclubs, or whatever;)

Its not bad at address at all

Agreed. Just a slight difference at address between the two imo. Both a very offset.

MXM was on my mind yesterday, only because of their limited release and the rest of my bag is fairly set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Pondering a new set of irons, narrowed down to the ping i25 or S55. Then along comes TaylorMade with a Free :joy:SpeedBlade 6 iron, just when I thought I had it narrowed down.... Not a bad dilemma but, opens the window. It maybe awhile for me to decide here, can't wait to get out on a course.... Thanks

Hmmm, spent the day in Grand Junction with my lady and now I'm pondering an Ogio Grom cart/stand bag. Exactly what I want in a bag. Best of both worlds.

MXM was on my mind yesterday, only because of their limited release and the rest of my bag is fairly set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Aproved! You can search the bay and snipe a good deal on an auction in an off hour.

Pondering all of the Wilson Staff offerings.

Considering selling the R11s 4w and going with the G25 4 wood. No good reason other than to try and play a full PING bag for a while.

A high launching shaft for a SLDR

Red tie you know works. Asha 4s or 4x is high launching and I think you could handle the x if you had to.

There's always the ProLaunch blue. If you can hit that thing low, something is wrong with you

Red tie you know works. Asha 4s or 4x is high launching and I think you could handle the x if you had to.

There's always the ProLaunch blue. If you can hit that thing low, something is wrong with you
I hit JBs on the range this evening, set on 12* w/ Red Tie and really liked what I saw out of it. Need more time to see, but I think the White Tie would be a nice fit in there for me.

I hit JBs on the range this evening, set on 12* w/ Red Tie and really liked what I saw out of it. Need more time to see, but I think the White Tie would be a nice fit in there for me.

Oh good call, forgot about the white tie. Also a solid possibility.

Maybe a preview of a MC driver??

Maybe a preview of a MC driver??
Im thinking so, dude. More than likely between that or the Jetspeed, and I like the options for draw bias the SLDR would give me.

Im thinking so, dude. More than likely between that or the Jetspeed, and I like the options for draw bias the SLDR would give me.

The jet speed looks like a freakin tank on the end of that shaft. Monstrous.

That's a pretty good combo there. I got my best numbers with that pair during fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back