Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking so, dude. More than likely between that or the Jetspeed, and I like the options for draw bias the SLDR would give me.

I was talking to a buddy at my local golf shop and he was seeing a lot of people being fit into the jetspeed. His thoughts were very positive on the speed pocket technology it offers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I was talking to a buddy at my local golf shop and he was seeing a lot of people being fit into the jetspeed. His thoughts were very positive on the speed pocket technology it offers.

Unfortunately, I think it's just as unforgiving as the SLDR, just without the adjustabilitation.

Unfortunately, I think it's just as unforgiving as the SLDR, just without the adjustabilitation.

Very interesting. I can't comment as I haven't hit it. I will change that tomorrow.

That's what I saw, Hawk was the same as well. To me the star of the JetSpeed line is the fairway and hybo, really good.

Yeah?

You try it with any other shafts?

Unfortunately, other than the stock shaft, I don't recall. I'd have to look back at everything from my fitting. It wasn't easy for me to get up with the stock. The red tie was much better for launch, but I still wasn't impressed with the forgiveness.

That's what I saw, Hawk was the same as well. To me the star of the JetSpeed line is the fairway and hybo, really good.
Lol. Dude... it's possible my 3W could have a stronger loft than my driver...

I can understand the concerns with SLDR but it surprises me that they weren't able to increase the forgiveness in the JetSpeed head a notable amount.

I can understand the concerns with SLDR but it surprises me that they weren't able to increase the forgiveness in the JetSpeed head a notable amount.
Were they not able to or did they choose not to?

Lol. Dude... it's possible my 3W could have a stronger loft than my driver...

I like that move though, ya know? That 14* could be beastly.

And you know the fairway will be dependable and playable as heck. And long, it is long.

It's the nature of going low and forward with the CG.

Makes sense. CG closer to point of contact increases effects of being off center.

I like that move though, ya know? That 14* could be beastly.

And you know the fairway will be dependable and playable as heck. And long, it is long.
With the SLDR, I know I can open myself up and play the patented Beags Cut and know where the ball is going to go. That doesnt bother me, as I did it with great success in Myrtle last year with another lowspin beast in the Classic XL.

With the SLDR, I know I can open myself up and play the patented Beags Cut and know where the ball is going to go. That doesnt bother me, as I did it with great success in Myrtle last year with another lowspin beast in the Classic XL.

I like it, the Beags cut is a thing of legend.

This is still a head that I WANT to love, but it just wasn't meant to be, much like the J40 was for me. Makes me sad. Stupid lateral miss.

I like it, the Beags cut is a thing of legend.

This is still a head that I WANT to love, but it just wasn't meant to be, much like the J40 was for me. Makes me sad. Stupid lateral miss.
I was legitimately surprised at what I saw with a shaft change today. I was making solid contact with center of the face, and my miss was toward the heel today, which didnt lead to terrible results even though they werent stellar.

I was legitimately surprised at what I saw with a shaft change today. I was making solid contact with center of the face, and my miss was toward the heel today, which didnt lead to terrible results even though they werent stellar.

That's extremely promising. Being fit will obviously be the key, and that's exciting as heck. I want to hit the 14* head, I really do.

I would be genuinely shocked to hear those two heads go toe to toe and measure up comparably. I found the Classic to spin WAY more than SLDR.

I would be genuinely shocked to hear those two heads go toe to toe and measure up comparably. I found the Classic to spin WAY more than SLDR.

I say "low spin" but let's be realistic, I hit over 9k RPMs of spin on a LM with the Classic XL...

Wilson Staff 8883

Have never gamed anything but a center shafted mallet. Saw this on deep discount at Golf Smith and passed in favor of my current gamer. I wish I had purchased both.

How much more spin? I'm pondering either the Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 6.2 S or the Fujikura Fuel TS 60X for my Classic XL head. I was fit for the Speeder 6.3 but think the low-mid lauch of the 6.3 is why the loft I was fitted for was so low. Do you think either of the two shafts I'm considering will lower the spin enough to make the XL playable for me?

Wilson Staff 8883

Have never gamed anything but a center shafted mallet. Saw this on deep discount at Golf Smith and passed in favor of my current gamer. I wish I had purchased both.

I have always wanted to try that series of Wilson Staff putters.

Wilson Staff 8883

Love the look of this putter, especially the alignment line on the top line, which is something I like a lot.

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids. Just wish there were anywhere moderately close so I could get them in hand/get some swings in with them.

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids. Just wish there were anywhere moderately close so I could get them in hand/get some swings in with them.

Very nice ponder! Any one in particular?

Pondering some bag changes. Right now, I go driver, 14.5* 3 wood, 16* 2 hybo, 4-pw, 52* 55*. The 55* was a Trusty Rusty test, while it went well around the green, I wasn't as happy with its longer shot performance. But my focus right now is at the top. I'm thinking of doing away with the 2 hybo, and putting a 712U 18* and 21* in place. Thinking about bending the 18* one degree strong to 17* and leaving the 21* as is. I hit my hybo well, but I feel like I have to make to many adjustments to hit it straight. Normal gip is a just a hard 15 -20 yard draw. Boarderline hook. I hit long irons well, and have played a 2-iron in the past with success. I'm going to Florida next week to see my parents and hopefully get some golf and my old gamer set is there now, along with the two iron. I like I'm going to set that bag up in the same manner that I'm pondering with my full time bag and see if there is anything I miss and see how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back