Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's extremely promising. Being fit will obviously be the key, and that's exciting as heck. I want to hit the 14* head, I really do.

I certainly plan on being fit for this driver. I doubt the 14 is in my wheelhouse, but who knows.

How much more spin? I'm pondering either the Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 6.2 S or the Fujikura Fuel TS 60X for my Classic XL head. I was fit for the Speeder 6.3 but think the low-mid lauch of the 6.3 is why the loft I was fitted for was so low. Do you think either of the two shafts I'm considering will lower the spin enough to make the XL playable for me?

I think it depends on your numbers buddy. Personally, as I am generally higher spin with a driver, I found the 2012 Classic to be a better match for me than the Classic XL regardless of shaft, however, I think even that head is more spinny than SLDR. I'm sure plenty of that has to do with head design as they moved the CG deeper into the clubface which promotes higher launch, but personally I think also promoted some higher spin.

If you were fit for those shafts, was it in the Classic XL or another driver?

I certainly plan on being fit for this driver. I doubt the 14 is in my wheelhouse, but who knows.

I would be shocked if you were fit to 14, but it would be kinda awesome.

I think a 14 degree driver would be super cool. Almost the same loft as a 3W. I love seeing people loft up. THP really opened my eyes to the lofting up and it is funny, what I used to think was too high certainly isn't.

me too dude. But I'll try everything and anything I can. Maybe I'll see if I can get a few swings in with one over at the TMPL this weekend.

me too dude. But I'll try everything and anything I can. Maybe I'll see if I can get a few swings in with one over at the TMPL this weekend.
Whatever driver you decide on, I will probably just mirror that.

Mainly because, I always hit your drivers better than my own. It's a proven theory.

Whatever driver you decide on, I will probably just mirror that.

Mainly because, I always hit your drivers better than my own. It's a proven theory.

there is a lot of truth to that. Even though we have the opposite ball flight problem.

New decade multicompound platinum grips by Golf Pride. The white grips with blue accents and red letters must go on my irons.

I think it depends on your numbers buddy. Personally, as I am generally higher spin with a driver, I found the 2012 Classic to be a better match for me than the Classic XL regardless of shaft, however, I think even that head is more spinny than SLDR. I'm sure plenty of that has to do with head design as they moved the CG deeper into the clubface which promotes higher launch, but personally I think also promoted some higher spin.

If you were fit for those shafts, was it in the Classic XL or another driver?

This was the fitting

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?55314-My-first-fitting-The-Results

I have the Classic XLC head already and was looking for a lower launching shaft than the Speeder TS 6.3 to accomodate the higher loft of the XLC head. I cant afford the SLDR just yet so I'm going to put a shaft in the XLC until I can. All the high spin talk about the XLC has me concerned that i might be spinning my wheels in the mud. I had read that the XLC was a low spin head.

New decade multicompound platinum grips by Golf Pride. The white grips with blue accents and red letters must go on my irons.

Those do look pretty cool. I think the standard red ones will go on my irons, but I could see some of those making my woods or wedges.

This was the fitting

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?55314-My-first-fitting-The-Results

I have the Classic XLC head already and was looking for a lower launching shaft than the Speeder TS 6.3 to accomodate the higher loft of the XLC head. I cant afford the SLDR just yet so I'm going to put a shaft in the XLC until I can. All the high spin talk about the XLC has me concerned that i might be spinning my wheels in the mud. I had read that the XLC was a low spin head.

Ahhhh yeah now I remember!!!! If you're only spinning the SLDR at 1700RPM I would think good numbers could be had in the XLC as well. As for the shafts, the more I read about them, and the more people I talk to, the more confident I am about hitting them in person before making assumptions based on spin/launch/flex characteristics. When i was spinning the Black Tie in "X" at 4000+ I finally decided to put some more stock into realtime experiences first.

The speeder though.. That line is pretty well suited for lower launch and spin isn't it?

The speeder though.. That line is pretty well suited for lower launch and spin isn't it?

Yeah, for the most part. The 6.3 is a low/mid launch where as the 6.2 is considered low launch and slightly more stout. From my research, the Fuel Tour Spec 60 s/x seems to fall right in between the .3 and .2 in their properties. Their similarities to what i did swing and like are what drew me to them as lower launch options to the Speeder 6.3 so that I could use the XLC head and not fight the skyballs that i did at my fitting.

Very nice ponder! Any one in particular?

The main idea, if I could swing it cost wise, is go 3/4/5/6 hybrids if I could.

No preference X2Hot vs X2Hot pro, really want to swing them and see what happens. Pretty sure the guy at my store here said they still aren't out in his store for like another month :(

Been pondering some vokeys and a new 3h. Going to hit a few and see what's best. The jetspeed and x2hot have me intrigued

The main idea, if I could swing it cost wise, is go 3/4/5/6 hybrids if I could.

No preference X2Hot vs X2Hot pro, really want to swing them and see what happens. Pretty sure the guy at my store here said they still aren't out in his store for like another month :(

Nice. The Pro is tiny compared to the standard version, it really depends on your miss and what fits your eye. Both have quality stock shafts in them as well.

Comparing the regular Xhot hybrids compared to the X2Hot, is there a big jump in distance/technology?

The X2 Hot hybrid has the hyper speed cup face and a bigger sweet spot.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Ok here's what I need.

3 wood
Bomber off the tee, could care less about off the deck.

Can't be the 3 deep pro cause we didn't get alone.

Probably would have to buy it used to save a few bucks.

What should I be pondering

Mike, you could go with an amp cell 3/4 wood and you can adjust the loft to your liking

Cleveland classic xl 3 wood also looks like it would be a bomber off the tee

Mike, you could go with an amp cell 3/4 wood and you can adjust the loft to your liking

Cleveland classic xl 3 wood also looks like it would be a bomber off the tee

Trying the amp cell out this weekend as a matter of fact as my brother has one.

I've done the xl a little, just didn't get me excited.

Ok here's what I need.

3 wood
Bomber off the tee, could care less about off the deck.

Can't be the 3 deep pro cause we didn't get alone.

Probably would have to buy it used to save a few bucks.

What should I be pondering

I know a lady named Bertha who's a hot bombshell. Mine's a keeper lol.

Trying the amp cell out this weekend as a matter of fact as my brother has one.

I've done the xl a little, just didn't get me excited.

Really enjoyed my amp cell fairway. Got the most carry with it in the 4w setting

I second the Bertha fairway. Oh how long it is.

If you're looking to go on the cheaper side, Adams Super S.

I think I'll just pull 3 woods from people's bags at the range Saturday and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back