Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was going for a new driver right now, I'd be all over the 915D2. The XCG7 / XCG7 Beta are supposed to be great and look awesome, but I haven't hit them. XCG6 is LONG though, and very low spin.

Do you have the stock Ozik 6.1 HD shaft in your XCG6? How about launch angle? Because low launch, low spin would be knuckleball city for me.

Do you have the stock Ozik 6.1 HD shaft in your XCG6? How about launch angle? Because low launch, low spin would be knuckleball city for me.

I do. It's not a true low launch shaft, it's more like a mid. I can tell you it's not a knuckleball machine for me, while the SLDR was pretty much unplayable for me. I get a mid flight with lower spin and tons of roll out of the XCG6.

If you get the chance to come up this way, or if I'm in your neck of the woods, you are more than welcome to hit it or even borrow it for a test drive if you like, I rarely use it.

I must admit, I'm sort of amazed/surprised at the utility iron surge we are seeing, seems a LOT of companies are releasing one now.

I must admit, I'm sort of amazed/surprised at the utility iron surge we are seeing, seems a LOT of companies are releasing one now.

It would be fun to try one again but I couldn't imagine gaming one full time.

I think it is weird that GG wouldn't sell Bridgestone? Is it inventory issues? I mean they drop ship from golf companies occasionally so I wonder why they cannot do that with these?

It doesnt surprise me that the clubs that we cant find in stores arent available on there either. Im shocked

It would be fun to try one again but I couldn't imagine gaming one full time.

Ditto.

I've hit the Apex one, and just didn't see what everyone else is. But, c'est la vie.

Ditto.

I've hit the Apex one, and just didn't see what everyone else is. But, c'est la vie.
Same here with the Apex in particular. Hit it well at True Blue but once I bought it, my intentions for it were not what I was able to do with it. Beautiful, but wasn't able to fulfill my need.

The only thing I'm even remotely pondering for purchase before we get into the full-swing of the 2015 season is a W/S Southside putter. I have some equipment I may not be able to sell but may be able to trade in ... if I do that, I will probably pull the trigger.

If I was going to buy old Adams irons it was be the A4's. Those are some sweet looking clubs.
I have the -r version....

I've actually considered reshafting them and giving them another go. But then I get lazy.

Ditto.

This is my feeling on utility irons in general.

Putter ponder rampage lately. Ketsch Ketsch Ketsch Ketsch Ketsch Ketsch Ketsch Ketsch... Also really want to roll the Odyssey Works. After reading some of the initial feedback I only want them more. Lol

If I had some silly money laying around, there's be a set of 545 irons chilling in my bag right now...

Stupid RIP Tour iron shaft ponder.

Pondering a driver for the gf. She wants to start hitting the range with me. I think ill grab her a driver and maybe a couple irons to start.

One spot left in my bag to figure out - fairway. Want to play something in the 17* range. Wondering if I should go with something I know (F45 fairway - the 3W was a bomber for me off the tee, but too low off the deck), or look into a few of the other options out there. The CG black looks interesting, as does the 815 Alpha at 16*. Ideally I'd like something that's got a bit of a smaller profile, but isn't going to kill me forgiveness wise. The VRS fairway I had was about the perfect profile, and I was an idiot for getting rid of it.

One spot left in my bag to figure out - fairway. Want to play something in the 17* range. Wondering if I should go with something I know (F45 fairway - the 3W was a bomber for me off the tee, but too low off the deck), or look into a few of the other options out there. The CG black looks interesting, as does the 815 Alpha at 16*. Ideally I'd like something that's got a bit of a smaller profile, but isn't going to kill me forgiveness wise. The VRS fairway I had was about the perfect profile, and I was an idiot for getting rid of it.

G30 5W cranks down to 17˚. I thought the profile was nice & compact the last time I fondled it at the store.

Pondering a driver for the gf. She wants to start hitting the range with me. I think ill grab her a driver and maybe a couple irons to start.
That's what I did. Kept it cheap, but good looking, and once she said she wanted to actually play, full set time. Luckily I put together a full, gently used set for around $420.

That's what I did. Kept it cheap, but good looking, and once she said she wanted to actually play, full set time. Luckily I put together a full, gently used set for around $420.

I will try and figure something out for her.. Thanks for the idea.

G30 5W is the way to go...i wanted to game the F45 but had trouble off the deck during fitting. the F45 4W might end up in the bag if i change things around but for now the G30 3W is staying in the bag. Its easy to hit off the tee and once i get my swing going off the deck will be no problem either.

I will try and figure something out for her.. Thanks for the idea.
My best friend was the Amp Cell driver. Can be had for a song now and plenty of good colors for her to choose from. Again, just what I did.

My best friend was the Amp Cell driver. Can be had for a song now and plenty of good colors for her to choose from. Again, just what I did.
I started with a pink amp cell driver for my wife. Sold her with the color and it got her out on the course.

Srixon Z 545 irons. Just stopped by the PGA SS and had to go look at them. I need to get my taxes done and unload some equipment first. Hope to pick up these sometime this spring. I can dream can't I. Just don't let my wife know.

UST maiyama shafts? Sure why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back