Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering replacing the 4 iron with a 4 hybrid!

I plan on making this game as easy as possible in 2015.

Which models you considering? So damn many good sticks out there currently.

Which models you considering? So damn many good sticks out there currently.

I honestly have no clue right now. I have an Altitude 3 iron on the way, so if I like that, it could be Altitude 4 iron.

Really enjoyed the X2Hot when I hit it, really liked the Big Bertha as well.

Going to consider the Vapor line, 815 line. I have never played a 4 hybrid, so we shall see.

My OCD is kicking in. I want black SM5's for all my wedges....

My OCD is kicking in. I want black SM5's for all my wedges....

They are just so incredibly pretty. I love starring at my 60*.

I've grown sick of the sound of my hybrid, I might try to find a J15H

I honestly have no clue right now. I have an Altitude 3 iron on the way, so if I like that, it could be Altitude 4 iron.

Really enjoyed the X2Hot when I hit it, really liked the Big Bertha as well.

Going to consider the Vapor line, 815 line. I have never played a 4 hybrid, so we shall see.

Lots of choices!

I would definitely lean BB over Altitudes. ALT's were great from 5 on but the longer ones left a little to be desired for me especially off the deck.

Lots of choices!

I would definitely lean BB over Altitudes. ALT's were great from 5 on but the longer ones left a little to be desired for me especially off the deck.

I have never spent extensive time with the Altitudes. One of my good buddies that I play golf with has them and I have hit the 3 "hybrid" and really liked it. So, with a hole in the 3 hybrid spot, I figured I would give it a try.

I have always lusted over the BB and X2Hot, but for some reason... 3 hybrid is a club that I don't use a ton. Both will get long consideration for the 4 hybrid spot.

Graphite irons for my extra set of irons, or a set of irons w/ graphite shafts. I've got two sets that are pretty similar, and it might be fun to try graphite for a while.

During the hour between the time I thought my car was stolen, until the moment I realized it had been towed away, I did some serious pondering with the insurance money I thought would be coming:

Driver: Ping i25 with the 85-gram shaft
3-wood: Scour eBay for another R7
Hybrids: Serious ponder mode here; was wondering what TaylorMade had out there these days
Irons: I'd have to try out the new Callaway X-Forged, as well as the Srixon 745's, then make the call
Wedges: I'd have to consider trying something besides Cleveland, maybe the Scor
Putter: Without a doubt, I'd be getting the SeeMore Giant FGP

But alas, I spent $223 to get my car back, thus delaying further any equipment purchases :/

It's funny, I'm debating going back the other way. I haven't been hitting my 4h as well lately, but I've been hitting the 5i nicely. :shrug:

Thinking of some Bridgestone J40 heads again. Ive got some TT Tour issue shafts waiting to be built and have never tried J40's id love to build some up.

After seeing them I am in strong ponder for the Nike M1-08 putter looks just gorgeous! I want one now.....

Wilson d200 irons.
Bridgestone df or dpf irons
x2hot hybo
Srixon 545 AW
Scotty flatstick

I'm right there with you on those D200 irons.

Wilson d200 irons.
Bridgestone df or dpf irons
H2hot hybo
Srixon 545 AW
Scotty flatstick
A Scotty??? No love for your Betti anymore??

Pondering whole new setup basically. Finally going to pull the trigger just not sure where to go with it. On a budget with a 1 year old and wife being stay at home. Looking at last years equipment. Need irons, wedges, driver, and possibly 3w. 3w might wait I have a cleveland hibore that does okay. Putter is fine also.

Looking at

Irons
D100
Nike VRS_X
Adams a12os
and others

Drivers
Cleveland Custom XL
Taylormade RBZ
Ping K15
Wilson D100

Wedges
Taylormade ATV
Cleveland CG16/588

These are what are in my budget unless I go used so I have a lot of pondering. Sorry for the long post.

I am pondering selling all my clubs to pay for more thp events :act-up:

Pondering whole new setup basically. Finally going to pull the trigger just not sure where to go with it. On a budget with a 1 year old and wife being stay at home. Looking at last years equipment. Need irons, wedges, driver, and possibly 3w. 3w might wait I have a cleveland hibore that does okay. Putter is fine also.

Looking at

Irons
D100
Nike VRS_X
Adams a12os
and others

Drivers
Cleveland Custom XL
Taylormade RBZ
Ping K15
Wilson D100

Wedges
Taylormade ATV
Cleveland CG16/588

These are what are in my budget unless I go used so I have a lot of pondering. Sorry for the long post.

Sounds like you need a little #THPLegacy and the 14 club deal.

Sounds like you need a little #THPLegacy and the 14 club deal.

Yeah I don't ever win anything. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all but thanks for the heads up.

Looking at

Irons
D100
Nike VRS_X
Adams a12os
and others

Drivers
Cleveland Custom XL
Taylormade RBZ
Ping K15
Wilson D100

Wedges
Taylormade ATV
Cleveland CG16/588

I got a Callaway x hot driver barely used if you need a good deal. Just let me know

Looking at

Irons
D100
Nike VRS_X
Adams a12os
and others

Drivers
Cleveland Custom XL
Taylormade RBZ
Ping K15
Wilson D100

Wedges
Taylormade ATV
Cleveland CG16/588

I have a super clean set of Ping G15 irons.. PM me if you are interested.

This thread is getting too big so I'm closing this one up and starting a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back