Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering getting some fabric and taking it to my local tailor and seeing if she'll make some one-of-a-kind hybrid headcovers for me. She reupholstered our chairs and did a great job ... this should be a piece of cake for her.

I just read that Golf Pride has discontinued the Niion grip, which is what is currently on all of my clubs. Golf Pride doesn't even list that grip on their website anymore. So now I'm trying to figure out whether to just buy a bunch of those grips via eBay to serve me for the next couple of years, or figure out something else. I might have to go back to the VDR grips, but the Niion were superior to those. Any other Niion players trying to find a new grip this year?

Will be placing a Bridgestone order in the near future...

#WPF anyone?

J15s on the mind. 58* in particular.

And as a side note, still Callaway driver/fairway and sun mountain four5 bag.

Tyler, are you particular about the color of the Four5?

Pondering a shaft to throw in the 20* u45 head I'll be buying from a Thper soon. No clue where to start. Stock is nippon 980 steel, but do I look for a graphite shaft to throw in it instead?

Tyler, are you particular about the color of the Four5?
I've been heavily leaning towards this one (same as James). Just love the colors and 14 way top.

f86a476ddc428f6a3f71f2278a837abc.jpg

I've been leaning towards this one (same as James). Just love the colors and 14 way top.

f86a476ddc428f6a3f71f2278a837abc.jpg

OK. I have a Grey/Orange 2014 model I was going to offer you, but you like a particular color way then no big deal.

OK. I have a Grey/Orange 2014 model I was going to offer you, but you like a particular color way then no big deal.

Orange you say? I am a Miami Hurricanes fan and kind of want to do the Orange and Green combo, what were you looking to get for it? Probably out of my budget since those bags are really nice but doesnt hurt to ask.

Its awesome.

It's such a good looking bag.
I think it needs to happen but hoping the price comes down a little (however unlikely) before golf season starts here. Hoping it will entice me to walk a bit more and save cart fees, plus preserve the Grandaddy bag for special events. Win/win/win.

I am about the venture into actually buying a set of irons.(bunch of hand-me downs). I am playing a Senior flex graphite iron set now. I am 30...

I am not looking to break the bank. SO I will be looking in the deals of the day thread. I can hit the ball. I need to fix my slice(but I play with it). I can play and understand the game. I struggle in the short game. I struggle trusting the clubs.

I am just looking for some nice clubs I can put in my bag an become a better golfer with my own set. I am reading reviews doing some research.

Clubs that I own

Callaway Razr 10.5 driver
Nike hybrid 3-21

A current deal that I see is the
Nike Victory VRS X Iron Set

I just want to keep the balls away from obstacles like this...

Thanks for any help

Chris

I am about the venture into actually buying a set of irons.(bunch of hand-me downs). I am playing a Senior flex graphite iron set now. I am 30...

I am not looking to break the bank. SO I will be looking in the deals of the day thread. I can hit the ball. I need to fix my slice(but I play with it). I can play and understand the game. I struggle in the short game. I struggle trusting the clubs.

I am just looking for some nice clubs I can put in my bag an become a better golfer with my own set. I am reading reviews doing some research.

Clubs that I own

Callaway Razr 10.5 driver
Nike hybrid 3-21

A current deal that I see is the
Nike Victory VRS X Iron Set

I just want to keep the balls away from obstacles like this...

Thanks for any help

Chris

Cleveland Altitude, Ping G Series are both good places to start.

some adams offering like the a12os combo set could be affordable and very easy to hit

I just saw the special for the Adams set. Ill take a look at those.

Chris

. 355 shafts for u45 20 head
Do I go hybrid shaft like Aldila NV, Rip Alpha or VS Proto
Or
Kbs tour v iron shaft

Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated

Any reason why you wouldn't just go with your iron shaft? KISS.

Any reason why you wouldn't just go with your iron shaft? KISS.
Never had a utility iron before so wasn't sure if I should go lighter. Stock shaft is 102g and my kbs tour is 120. That's why I was thinking maybe the Tour V as an option.

I dunno. If you bought a 3 iron you'd probably just go with the same shaft. This is just a wide soled 3 iron. I suppose there are some minor SW considerations there.

KBS Tour-V or 610 Wedges Shafts.

Never have done anything with SW before. U45 is d1 with the stock 102g shaft in it.

I just read that Golf Pride has discontinued the Niion grip, which is what is currently on all of my clubs. Golf Pride doesn't even list that grip on their website anymore. So now I'm trying to figure out whether to just buy a bunch of those grips via eBay to serve me for the next couple of years, or figure out something else. I might have to go back to the VDR grips, but the Niion were superior to those. Any other Niion players trying to find a new grip this year?

That's really unfortunate to hear, as I was planning on regripping with those. I might look at the pure pro grips.

Golfworks.com has those on sale, buy 6 get 6 free.

Pondering phase:

New irons.

Currently playing Callaway x-18's (+1/2", 2* upright). My handicap is down to a 9.4 so I am thinking about a more of a "players club" that are still is forgiving. Any suggestions? I really do not know where to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back