Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a back up iron set that could possibly slide in to my bag for the long term if I end up hitting them well, but also a set I could put in play with ease and comfort at any point. I've seen some pretty good deals out there on the 588 MT's and Amp Cells. Anyone hit both and can let me know your thoughts? I will probably put them in my Nippon 950 GH's.

Just my opinion, but your Altitudes will be superior to the MTs or the Amp Cells for you (again, just my opinion).

Just my opinion, but your Altitudes will be superior to the MTs or the Amp Cells for you (again, just my opinion).

I only have the 4 - 6 with the Altis and will probably have them in my bag to start the season. But I don't have a full set of them. It does interest me being able to get the MT's and possibly putting them in the short irons and then flowing into the Altis though.

I only have the 4 - 6 with the Altis and will probably have them in my bag to start the season. But I don't have a full set of them. It does interest me being able to get the MT's and possibly putting them in the short irons and then flowing into the Altis though.

I'd be curious to hear what people think about the MTs as compared to the Alts. I've only hit the long irons of both but I much preferred the altitudes -- Definitely over the TTs (which I'm more experienced with).

I'd be curious to hear what people think about the MTs as compared to the Alts. I've only hit the long irons of both but I much preferred the altitudes -- Definitely over the TTs (which I'm more experienced with).
I've hit them all...never cared for the Mt whatsoever. ..fan of the alts and the tt across the board over the mt

I've hit them all...never cared for the Mt whatsoever. ..fan of the alts and the tt across the board over the mt

I knew I've heard it before from somewhere. Just as I thought. The MTs weren't all that forgiving on the toe were they?

Wedges.... I really wish my J15's would get here so I can stop pondering all the other options. So many good ones out there.

I knew I've heard it before from somewhere. Just as I thought. The MTs weren't all that forgiving on the toe were they?
No at all and neither were the TT...especially after you hit a toe shot with an altitude and barely lose distance

I am looking for a back up iron set that could possibly slide in to my bag for the long term if I end up hitting them well, but also a set I could put in play with ease and comfort at any point. I've seen some pretty good deals out there on the 588 MT's and Amp Cells. Anyone hit both and can let me know your thoughts? I will probably put them in my Nippon 950 GH's.

I gamed the MTs this year and had them for our round at Las Colinas. I'm a big fan of them, the bridgestones were an upgrade to them though. Also for my fitting last year MTs were better for me than the Bio Cells and similar to the x2hots if that helps.

Wedges.... I really wish my J15's would get here so I can stop pondering all the other options. So many good ones out there.

Ron you are going to love these, the turf interaction is great.

Using Tapatalk

J15 wedges. Black oxide. You're welcome lol. Speaking of which I am pondering the exact same thing

No at all and neither were the TT...especially after you hit a toe shot with an altitude and barely lose distance

i didn't hit the alts but did mess with the MT an TT and the TT were better, I ended up with the CB instead as they just felt better

Amp cell 3 wood. From a couple years ago. I just liked the feel of that beauty.

My brother had one and pounds it off the deck like crazy.

I kinda miss that driver too

I've only hit it a few times at the outing. That thing was fun to hit.

Gotta be cheap too!! Wish I didn't just assign mine to the Godfather, otherwise it'd be headed your way, skymark and all hahaha

A club with a little character is fine. Lol just look at my Alpha...ooooof

I had that in the bag two years ago and like your brother Mike, I smoked the hell out of it. So naturally I traded it in.....for something. Ha

At least I can gladly say the 3W that has taken it's place (Optiforce 15*) has probably done just as well.

Finally saw a set of recoils for the first time.... wow! Too bad they were on a set of lh apex.

I got that driver, that's now sitting back seat for me. You want it let me know and it'll be headed your way.

Metal X Milled #2 or/and the 2-ball

Staring down an auction for Oakley Cipher 3's that I need!

SLDR 3 wood/SLDR S 3 wood

SLDR 3 wood/SLDR S 3 wood

haha I thought this was the what did you buy thread for a second...

They have to be pretty solid prices by now eh? What's going to make the decision for you?

haha I thought this was the what did you buy thread for a second...

They have to be pretty solid prices by now eh? What's going to make the decision for you?

Pretty decent prices on the bay and about the same for both. Not sure what will make the decision...I don't think I need the adjustability, and I think the S should be a little more forgiving. Might come down to best deal I can find.

Taylormade superfast 1.0 with fujikura speeder. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back