Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wanting another high toe #9 style putter, but dang it the Toulon San Fran looks so dang good. Luckily it's just pre-orders being taken right now, but hard not to ponder that stuff!

is it friday yet? I am pondering Wilson staff wedges. is there any deal out there?

Cobra King LTD driver and 3W.
Ben Hogan PTx irons and/or Wilson F5s
Bridgestone 330-RXS
A winning lotto ticket so I can move the first two from ponders to purchases.

Anyone have experience with Ping G30/G30 SF driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have experience with Ping G30/G30 SF driver?

I got to review the SF Tec for the homepage, was a fun one. Solid stick. Terrible sound.

I got to review the SF Tec for the homepage, was a fun one. Solid stick. Terrible sound.

Just found it doing google search

Just found it doing google search

That is a damn good driver line from them dude, for me, it put PING back on the map with drivers. All three heads did their job crazy well, if that sound was better, they'd have been practically ideal.

Really wanting another high toe #9 style putter, but dang it the Toulon San Fran looks so dang good. Luckily it's just pre-orders being taken right now, but hard not to ponder that stuff!
I know a guy

Turrible sound. Man that thing is weird in that category haha

Apex 3h and MD3 58 or 60, maybe PM grind ... Two slots need filled in my bag

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more Callaway.

The biggest thing to me about the G30 line is that it is substantially better with the Tour shaft than the stock counter balanced shaft.

The tour 65 with the SF tec head was money for me. The sound didn't bother me at all.

The biggest thing to me about the G30 line is that it is substantially better with the Tour shaft than the stock counter balanced shaft.
See, I was 100 percent the opposite. Imo too many bailed on the standard shaft too quickly.

See, I was 100 percent the opposite. Imo too many bailed on the standard shaft too quickly.
A wise person I know once said we all swing differently :)

Toulon San Diego.

When I tried both at a demo day, the fitter gave me the tour first based on what I play now in terms of weight. I actually preferred the standard shaft by a large margin.

100% agree on the sound. It's especially bad up here hitting in the winter when a guy in the covered bay next to you is hitting driver after driver and has one in the bag.

When I tried both at a demo day, the fitter gave me the tour first based on what I play now in terms of weight. I actually preferred the standard shaft by a large margin.

100% agree on the sound. It's especially bad up here hitting in the winter when a guy in the covered bay next to you is hitting driver after driver and has one in the bag.

Wait until you hit my Knuth :D That SF Tec is still probably the most consistent driver I've ever tried. I didn't mind the sound at all, and I adored that stock shaft in both that head as well as my 3w. Practically swings itself.

I feel like I need to be pondering something ... so I'm looking at Scotty's. Lots that interests me, but not sure the wallet will open that wide. Very intrigued by a couple of those custom putter necks ... maybe I can send out one of my current putters (perhaps my #7) for a retrofit.

Irons
Honma
Ben Hogan PTx
Cobra King Forged CB (maybe CB/MB)
PXG
Yonex
Wison Staff f5 (although v4 pops into head periodically)

Putters
Toulon
Vline
Giant something

Anything on "The Hot List" yea right :angry:

Spent over an hour at the putting green today trying out different powders inside the PGA superstore. Well just about everything out there. It's going to be really hard to beat the Cure CX1. So many other good options out there but staying with the CX one. Ken Giannini putters were also solid that was probably my second choice.

But realized I liked the shorter putters. So looks like I'm cutting down mine to 33.5 inches maybe 34 inches. Debating what grip. SS pistol is leading the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back