Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Yep the never ending putter ponder again. Maybe a Cleveland Premier #11 or 10.5 need to go roll one.
Or a Spider or SeeMore something malletish

I feel like the Spider is always in the back of your mind. Maybe time to scratch that itch for a bit.

I feel like the Spider is always in the back of your mind. Maybe time to scratch that itch for a bit.
Yeah I know I have had that in my mind for awhile now. I tried one at last years MC though and it didn’t go very well. Didn’t have a lot of time with it though. I just like new shiny things haha

I bought a deep face 3 wood, hoping the larger face would help me hit it easier but now after getting it on the course, I think it might be too big. It might only be a driving 3 wood, which I don't need. I might be switching back to a regular 3 wood.

Has anyone cut your 3 wood down a couple of inches? I love the length of my hybrids.

Any ideas as to when? Could make the ponder go away for a while
Usually Novemberish for them historically I believe? I can’t remember.

yeah, we usually start seeing things mid to end of Sept and then release a little later in the fall.

yeah, we usually start seeing things mid to end of Sept and then release a little later in the fall.

Hmm, can I wait that long to see whats coming

Hmm, can I wait that long to see whats coming

I mean the driver spot is always just a placeholder for what comes next right?

I mean the driver spot is always just a placeholder for what comes next right?

True enough, but for me its my weakest club.

Back to pondering and actively looking for the model I am interested in

I really wish I could just go down to golf mart and hit the Pro PTXs. It wouldn't be a ponder if I knew which shaft worked for me. Demo program has been booked for 2 months.

Shafts...

or just roll with some T Rail goodness

If I go get my lie angle checked using another set will that translate to an online fitting to say a set of Ben Hogan PTx Pros. Asking for a friend?

Gave my Frontline Elevado to one of my HS kiddos. So, now I ponder the premiere and installing a stability shaft 😈

More forgiving irons? I had a harder time finding the center of the face yesterday. That left me in some challenging positions around greens. Would those outcomes have been better with a little more forgiveness? I was talking to a playing partner about his 919 HMP irons. He picked those up 6 mos back. His adjustment to the stronger lofts was to swing easier. In his words that easier swing with more club forgiveness have helped him play better. He’s playing well, no doubt. He was 2nd in his flight at state mid-am a few weeks back. Pondering.

TM P770 5i, P7MC 6-8, P7MB 9-P

TM 22 DHY or 20 UDI

Cleveland ZipCore 48

Cleveland Soft Premiere Elevado

None will happen anytime soon, but they’re ponders nonetheless. Need to sell off some rare SWAG stuff.

2 back up bags

first:
SIM
SIM 3w
SIM UDI/ already have
770’s
TW MG2

second
BB21 woods
Mizuno 921 forged
Mizuno wedges

Hmmmm....
Irons? Good. Lighter and softer working out splendidly. (y)
Putter? Couple options. Good. (y)
Wedges? Okay. Contemplating Vokey SM8 to go with the irons. These Clevelands are OK, but I think I liked the original RTX sole/grind better better better. :ROFLMAO:
Hybrids? Need. o_O Have a really nice 913H 21º that I would love to find a 24º to go with if anyone can help there. (Maybe I'll have to do a WTB.)
Otherwise, I have my Nickents in 20 and 23 that I could shaft up, but I like the added loft on the 913H.
Whatever it is, regular flex will be going in. Keep thinking about my Idea Pros, but I think I need more forgiveness and launch help.
3W? I just don't use this club all that much. I would like it to be more of a strength/option than it has been for me, historically. I have a nice 913f 15 that I might put a regular flex shaft into and play it a little shorter at 42.5" and crank the lie angle a little steeper for me.
Driver? :unsure: Have to settle into something. My 913D2 10.5 netted me my personal best, and has all the adjustability I need. Regular shaft will need to be procured once again. Closest I have at present is Srixon Z545 10.5 with Kuro Kage 60g stiff. I think I liked that counterbalancing in the Kuro Kage. Helped me swing inside a little more. HRZDS Yellow I keep hearing about?? Maybe Driver through hybrids all same shaft?
I'll have to see if a local shop has some Titleist shafts I can try out in my driver. (y):unsure: I'd really like to work with the heads I have and just get some new shafts.

More and more, a "Titleist" bag seems to be forming. We'll see...

Something to replace the V Series Heavenwood. They are soooo hard to find, but man, that was my favorite club ever.

What is point and shoot, goes high, is easy to hit off the deck and tee?

Listening to the fitting room. Wanting the new big Bertha line more and more.

Something to replace the V Series Heavenwood. They are soooo hard to find, but man, that was my favorite club ever.

What is point and shoot, goes high, is easy to hit off the deck and tee?

Why replace it?

Not sure which way to go yet, but I can't decide between a GPS watch/handheld or rangefinder after the my existing watch strap gave way on Monday

Had a watch for the last too many years but it only gives F/M/B distances, so a new watch with the extra functionality (visual representation of holes with hazards etc) is the obvious choice in my mind, but part of me is considering a rangefinder

Not sure which way to go yet, but I can't decide between a GPS watch/handheld or rangefinder after the my existing watch strap gave way on Monday

Had a watch for the last too many years but it only gives F/M/B distances, so a new watch with the extra functionality (visual representation of holes with hazards etc) is the obvious choice in my mind, but part of me is considering a rangefinder
I have both and use both. I only use the range finder for approach shots. I like the watch as I track everything with it.

Back