Official Equipment Pondering Thread

More forgiving irons? I had a harder time finding the center of the face yesterday. That left me in some challenging positions around greens. Would those outcomes have been better with a little more forgiveness? I was talking to a playing partner about his 919 HMP irons. He picked those up 6 mos back. His adjustment to the stronger lofts was to swing easier. In his words that easier swing with more club forgiveness have helped him play better. He’s playing well, no doubt. He was 2nd in his flight at state mid-am a few weeks back. Pondering.

Okay. This is literally the only time outside of myself I've ever heard of someone who does that, and it's obviously working for him. There's something to it. (y)

Okay. This is literally the only time outside of myself I've ever heard of someone who does that, and it's obviously working for him. There's something to it. (y)

I thought immediately of you when he offered his approach. I very much like what he's done with his game. He is now wonderfully boring tee to green, and always solid with the flatstick, his scores are lower and more consistent. We have previously shot similar scores, and he has notched past me. I am taking notes.

Raw!!
BCBF6AE8-5CF4-43CD-9516-ACFD4E4E2617.jpeg

LOWER lofted driver :oops:

I really wish I could just go down to golf mart and hit the Pro PTXs. It wouldn't be a ponder if I knew which shaft worked for me. Demo program has been booked for 2 months.
See if you can find a golf store with the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. I used one and it showed me the TT DG in Xstiff was my #2 fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

After a few weeks with MP59 irons I’m now looking for more distance. Buddy has offered to trade me his set of WS C200’s. Might go that route.

I need a SM 2.5 14-way bag soooooo bad, but I need to cut back on the golf spending, so if may be an off season purchase. Every round I'm fighting getting clubs in and out of the Titliest player's bag. It has almost shredded my SS putter grip after a half season.

Thinking about grabbing a used Seemore putter just for fun.

Thinking about grabbing a used Seemore putter just for fun.

I always love these when I’m at a golf shop. Never really have come close to pulling the trigger but they always are great and feel awesome.

Several ponders but not really sure.
Want to see about the Ping I210 irons to replace my Ping G irons. But what I am seeing in the lofts is disappointing. The G irons have stronger lofts..... so would the new irons be shorter?

I have been having trouble hitting my 3W off the fairway, and only used it 1X each of the last 3 rounds. Don’t get me wrong, I like my Ping G400 3 wood but....

lastly my Hybrids. I have a Ping G410 3H & 4H. The 4H hasn’t been hit in 4 rounds. Plus I have not really been hitting them that much. Should I go to ditching the 3W and getting a 2H? Trade the 4H so it just doesn’t collect dust?

my first choice would be the new irons. But I surely don’t want to get new irons and hit them shorter???? Any thoughts on the irons would be nice. Especially from other Ping guys.
THANKS

Attachments

• D8B51432-7769-46E9-A1E7-561DA11ADCF0.png
    D8B51432-7769-46E9-A1E7-561DA11ADCF0.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
  • B6E92FA5-02D9-4FF6-B540-10BF8131B132.png
    B6E92FA5-02D9-4FF6-B540-10BF8131B132.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 10
Want to see about the Ping I210 irons to replace my Ping G irons. But what I am seeing in the lofts is disappointing. The G irons have stronger lofts..... so would the new irons be shorter?

I have been having trouble hitting my 3W off the fairway, and only used it 1X each of the last 3 rounds. Don’t get me wrong, I like my Ping G400 3 wood but....

lastly my Hybrids. I have a Ping G410 3H & 4H. The 4H hasn’t been hit in 4 rounds. Plus I have not really been hitting them that much. Should I go to ditching the 3W and getting a 2H? Trade the 4H so it just doesn’t collect dust?

my first choice would be the new irons. But I surely don’t want to get new irons and hit them shorter???? Any thoughts on the irons would be nice. Especially from other Ping guys.
THANKS

Loft is only part of the equation, but you could always go with the power loft option on the i210. I will say that most people who go from an iron like they G to the i210 aren't doing so in search of distance but are doing so because of the more compact look, better feel, more consistency....that type of stuff. But as always, if that is an avenue you want to pursue, fitting is well worth it in order for you to see what options suit you best.

THANKS

The G irons were longer for me than the i irons in a fitting. And I’m actually seeing this with an iron set I just picked up - I’m down about half a club since they’re playing off more ‘traditional’ iron lofts. So that’s what brings me into this thread - looking at going back to a 50-54-58 wedge setup from the 48-52-56 I am playing now.

I live my G irons, but the feel of the I200/I210 are awesome.
currently my wedge set up is:
PW-45*
GW-50*
SW-54*
LW-58*

I have good gaps, with them and my SW is 85 yards and straight, wouldn want to change that.

maybe just send them back to Ping for a refinishing

I live my G irons, but the feel of the I200/I210 are awesome.
currently my wedge set up is:
PW-45*
GW-50*
SW-54*
LW-58*

I have good gaps, with them and my SW is 85 yards and straight, wouldn want to change that.

maybe just send them back to Ping for a refinishing

I think those gaps are close to the Ping I-series though, right? The AW is 50 in both sets, so you could play 54-58 with the i200 still.

THANKS
Love my S-55 Pings and the S-56's before them. The I200's will have a higher COG/more forward than G series, so the flight is a little lower/ more boring loft for loft. Hit them first to be sure. The forgiveness with the tungsten makes the smaller head size pretty forgiving. I'm not sure I'd gain a lot in an upgrade to those, but I'd love to hit them.

My 19 and 22 hybrids are just not enough loft. Wanting 21 and 24. (y)

Not so much new ions, but pondering having mine ceramic coated in black

New irons are going in the bag before the end of the year. Ponder list includes mixed sets of JPX921 HM/HMP/Forged, Hogan PTX Pro, Callaway Apex/Apex Pro 19, or Srixon Z585/785.

Freaked out and nearly bought a 2004 Big Bertha driver to match my 3W. I really need to get to the range.

P770 4-PW, DG120 X100, 1.5 flat, +1/4, CP2 wraps. I think they'd be fun. Shame we can't get the ZX7 over here sooner though.

Honma TR20 lineup...

I randomly took a look at these irons yesterday and man do they look good behind the ball.

Pondering how much of a cheater stick the SIM hybrid is, good lord it’s hilarious.

Pondering how much of a cheater stick the SIM hybrid is, good lord it’s hilarious.

Truth. I haven't had a hybrid this easy to hit before and when I catch it just right it's very long, like bleeding into 3w territory. Considering it's a 4H, that's pretty awesome.

I’ve got to agree with you there. I hit it a lot off the tee but one stood out last round on a par three playing 230 (dumb) with OB right and water short (dumb, dumb). It wasn’t enough club to get pin high but I knew it would go straight and about 215-20, so it was a no brainer. No one else hit the green. The hybrid is great

Honma TR20 lineup...

I randomly took a look at these irons yesterday and man do they look good behind the ball.
The TR family of clubs is a good ponder

Back